Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

There is an element of truth about it - you can't build dome team here and the running game is still important (Gurley & the Rams, Saints, Chiefs) and the players left on our offense are still vestiges of those systems from Marrone and Rex. 

As a bills fan and seeing what we have done in the past with this, I entirely understand the concern. He also cut his coaching chops under Andy Reid, so I do have some hope.

Different side of the ball and I'm afraid that he thinks like many DCs who becomes HCs with the Panthers' Rivera as his primary influence. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has repeatedly said that you have to run the ball and be tough in Buffalo with weather as a consideration.  I find this troubling. 

Agreed. There’s no reason the Bills cannot be a similarly built team to the Steelers or even Kansas City. Green Bay et al. Those teams throw it plenty. Buffalo doesn’t = we need to play 1970’s football and hide our QB. Troubling indeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Different side of the ball and I'm afraid that he thinks like many DCs who becomes HCs with the Panthers' Rivera as his primary influence. 

Rivera was 2 games from being fired after losing to EJ and the Bills back in 2013. He survived by adapting and becoming less conservative. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know and I hope you are wrong  :lol:

Being serious for a moment, how does a defensive coach fall  into the trap of lets have a strong run game and a stout defense mold in the first place? They have to game plan against the Pats, the Rams, Brees, Rodgers, P. Manning etc. and they know they have their hands full trying to cover everyone - how do they not mirror an offense that gives defenses fits? How do they not work on an offense that they know gives defenses issues? You would think that by analyzing what keeps them up at night to stop, they would include those same philosophies in their approach to the offensive side of the ball. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Who are we talking about? 

Is Watkins a lockeroom cancer to the Chiefs right now? 

Sammy admitted last year while with the Rams that he was selfish and not the best teammate while in Buffalo.  The change of scenery helped him grow up.  I viewed getting rid of him like a baseball trade.  We weren't resigning him to the contract he would have demanded so we got something for him while we could. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Where does this crap come from? 

what part wasnt factual,  enlighten me.   He wasnt injury prone?   He didnt want top receiver money?    You give that kind of money to a guy who cant stay on the field?   Its nice that hes landed on his feet elsewhere,  but this is a business.  Besides,  who's throwing Sammy the ball here?   so ya crap.

3 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Sammy admitted last year while with the Rams that he was selfish and not the best teammate while in Buffalo.  The change of scenery helped him grow up.  I viewed getting rid of him like a baseball trade.  We weren't resigning him to the contract he would have demanded so we got something for him while we could. 

There are things called player development programs which could address that internally, without having to expel the talented player.  McD seems insecure to me.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rivera was 2 games from being fired after losing to EJ and the Bills back in 2013. He survived by adapting and becoming less conservative. 

He did indeed, but McDermott's mantra is concerning nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I know and I hope you are wrong  :lol:

Being serious for a moment, how does a defensive coach fall  into the trap of lets have a strong run game and a stout defense mold in the first place? They have to game plan against the Pats, the Rams, Brees, Rodgers, P. Manning etc. and they know they have their hands full trying to cover everyone - how do they not mirror an offense that gives defenses fits? How do they not work on an offense that they know gives defenses issues? You would think that by analyzing what keeps them up at night to stop, they would include those same philosophies in their approach to the offensive side of the ball. 

I'd love to be wrong and I want to hear him say he advocates for a K-Gun style offense in Buffalo.   It might be awhile because it seems to be a core principle with him. 

no i said some of u act like he wanted to resign here,  you have no idea whether he did or didnt.......

and most likely the FO had no idea either,  so they got what they could.  end of story.    i know that its an age of making up facts to suit your version of the narrative,  but ffs.......its tiring.

Edited by bigduke6

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I expected it to be pretty bad too. I am not panicking but some of the games have been borderline unwatchable.You can't put that product on the field two years in a row. That is why I say they don't just need to be better next year. They need to look like they are on the cusp of something.

Borderline unwatchable? For me that masochistic Rubicon has already been crossed. If the weather is good I go out and enjoy it. I tape the games and then if I find out, whether they win or lose, if it was worth watching.. 

I'm not pessimistic about our situation and the future. I'm not going to allow myself to wallow in misery. I understand what this regime's strategy is, and I see it being followed. There is a path to success and the leap forward is this offseason. It that quantum leap of bolstering the roster isn't done this year then this franchise and regime will go through another cycle of turmoil. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd love to be wrong and I want to hear him say he advocates for a K-Gun style offense in Buffalo.   It might be awhile because it seems to be a core principle with him. 

I don't see McD as a coach who will say what he envisions and where he would ideally like aspects of his team to be like. My thought is that talk like that would alienate players who are on the team and don't fit that scheme. Culture is important to him and he has to say the right things to keep the team playing and buying into each other week after week.

We all know that Dennison was not the OC he wanted last year and took what he could get. The OC style we want vs what we can get has to play into it as well. Clarity as to what he is looking for is based on who stays and who goes.

Not to side track this, but a fairly simple scheme in which you can run multiple plays out of the same formation isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

That being said, I'm a bit over a HC saying we going no-huddle like Dickey J and Marrone & Nate. 

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Much as I question the McBeane regime and hate the words "The Process," this sounds rational to me. McBeane get another season. But I am not confident about their personnel decisions given some of the choices they have made so far.  

You are entitled to your skepticism because it is merited. This regime had a road map. It was to redo the roster and restructure the cap. They accomplished that. Now they are in a situation that they desired and created. This offseason if they don't utilized their accumulated assets (cap space and draft picks) to significantly upgrade the roster they will not only have damaged the franchise but also jeopardized their jobs. I believe they are on the right path but I can not say it with overflowing confidence. 

25 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

What is interesting is Watkins is not even the best WR on that team....Tyrek Hill is like fricken amazing.....Watkins is a complementary player

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There are things called player development programs which could address that internally, without having to expel the talented player.  McD seems insecure to me.

I think he decided that Sammy's contributions did not warrant a 14-16 Million dollar payday especially when a 2nd round pick could be acquired.  Seems reasonable to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I strongly disagree with posters who state that this was all planned or this is part of the rebuild process.  

but it was. you don't like it, lots of people don't it seems, but it was, and still is, the plan. the extreme ineptitude can be chalked up to a couple extra linemen leaving which i am sure was not the plan but thems the breaks. without that, they would have been simply inept. instead of 6 wins we get 3 wins. oh well.

if i am wrong then beane will be fired. but if he stays on that says all i need to know about the pegulas, beane, and "the plan".