I was a good citizen

boyst

So I was at Lowe's today and had got a 2 by 6 by 16 to fix a rafter on my shed and it broke as I got it to my truck. Upon doing so I walked back in with it to say "hey it broke"  and noticed a man walking out with the shopping cart full of tools with all the turtles going off.  Turtles are those little round things that look like a turtle shell that make a noise when left on and you leave the building. I was about 5 feet from the door and I say "hey, that guy just stole a bunch of tools", and they said "yes, but we can't chase him or go after him.". I was happy to know that I could and offered to go take a picture of his license plate which I did. 

So at that point I have a picture of his vehicle and him after I called him an ***** thief and he looked up at me in a full nice view. Then I put my camera on as he backed out to record both him and his friend back out and then I stood in front of his vehicle to make sure that there was a chance to get a nice view of him in there and he nudged me with the vehicle. well upon doing so don't you know those things are really scary when going a half mile an hour and I'm a big athletic guy who just doesn't have great balance. so of course I slipped and dropped my elbow all the way through his windshield and shattered it in pieces, because I was falling down.  

Unfortunately, there's nothing I could really do because what's the point of getting the police involved for a guy who doesn't have anything worth and they probably will never look for the guy to begin with; but, of course there were Witnesses including the two guys next to me loading their truck up not sure what was going on. They both had concealed permits and could have lawfully detained the guy had they known, which would have been fun but turn into a bigger mess. 

Either way, it felt good to do my civil Duty. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I did the opposite one time on Boxing Day, some wannabe beta man walking a few feet behind me said to his son that it’s law of the jungle and step on everyone you can today

so i closed the entry door to the store on him and when he whined I told him he wouldn’t last three seconds in the jungle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I did the opposite one time on Boxing Day, some wannabe beta man walking a few feet behind me said to his son that it’s law of the jungle and step on everyone you can today

so i closed the entry door to the store on him and when he whined I told him he wouldn’t last three seconds in the jungle

Freaking hilarious 

I thought you were going to say you hit him over the head with the piece of wood.  Wuss

Dude. I even told my wife the story and the fact you didn’t hit him with the 2x6x16 and she called you a wuss. As a matter of fact she was the one that told me I spelled wuss wrong 

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I thought you were going to say you hit him over the head with the piece of wood.  Wuss

Dude. I even told my wife the story and the fact you didn’t hit him with the 2x6x16 and she called you a wuss. As a matter of fact she was the one that told me I spelled wuss wrong 

I didn't want a civil protest going on in my town for violation of his civil rights. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The 2x6 was "defected!" It broke!

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I didn't want a civil protest going on in my town for violation of his civil rights. 

Oh Boy!  You didn't profile him?

He is a good person.  Never did nothing wrong!

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

So I was at Lowe's today and had got a 2 by 6 by 16 to fix a rafter on my shed and it broke as I got it to my truck. Upon doing so I walked back in with it to say "hey it broke"  and noticed a man walking out with the shopping cart full of tools with all the turtles going off.  Turtles are those little round things that look like a turtle shell that make a noise when left on and you leave the building. I was about 5 feet from the door and I say "hey, that guy just stole a bunch of tools", and they said "yes, but we can't chase him or go after him.". I was happy to know that I could and offered to go take a picture of his license plate which I did. 

So at that point I have a picture of his vehicle and him after I called him an ***** thief and he looked up at me in a full nice view. Then I put my camera on as he backed out to record both him and his friend back out and then I stood in front of his vehicle to make sure that there was a chance to get a nice view of him in there and he nudged me with the vehicle. well upon doing so don't you know those things are really scary when going a half mile an hour and I'm a big athletic guy who just doesn't have great balance. so of course I slipped and dropped my elbow all the way through his windshield and shattered it in pieces, because I was falling down.  

Unfortunately, there's nothing I could really do because what's the point of getting the police involved for a guy who doesn't have anything worth and they probably will never look for the guy to begin with; but, of course there were Witnesses including the two guys next to me loading their truck up not sure what was going on. They both had concealed permits and could have lawfully detained the guy had they known, which would have been fun but turn into a bigger mess. 

Pretty weak, IMO.  What are you like a 67 year old Guardian Angel?  Snitch.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm just trying to piece this all together.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm just trying to piece this all together. If you were in front of him when he was backing out, how did you get nudged?

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Did you even look at it before you bought it? I would be scared to buy any lumber from their if a 2x6 can just snap loading it into a truck. I definitely wouldn't use it to repair a roof, lol.

yes i did.  i even picked it up and dropped it doing the bang test.  i was embarrassed when it broke, actually

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Pretty weak, IMO.  What are you like a 67 year old Guardian Angel?  Snitch.

i wear a beret, too

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm just trying to piece this all together.

I'm just trying to piece this all together. If you were in front of him when he was backing out, how did you get nudged?

he backed out hitting his shopping cart and it scared him and when he pulled forward i was in front of him to the drivers side at the headline.

knowing the law now like i do, i should have ripped the guy out of his vehicle or detained him.  the dude was scared as *****.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

It was a 2x6x16. It snapped in half at a weak point

So you had a handy implement to impale the guy? I would think there would be a marked decrease in shoplifting if the customers passed several impaled thieves on the way in. Plus it would help with the Halloween decor, and on Thursday you just put Santa hats on them.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

You let a thief escape and he ran you over?

Uh......nice work.

i busted out his windshield, got his photo and license plate.  i should have done more, though

13 minutes ago, ocemur said:

So you had a handy implement to impale the guy? I would think there would be a marked decrease in shoplifting if the customers passed several impaled thieves on the way in. Plus it would help with the Halloween decor, and on Thursday you just put Santa hats on them.

maybe next year!

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Apparently this dude (I saw the picture you took and I feel comfortable with dude) doesn't steal from Home Depot?

Edited by fansince88