Derek Anderson's expected time in Buffalo - not too long by this statement

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes.. it’s piss poor for a non rookie QB 

Right? Like I kind of get it, but I don't really get. Yes, it's a lot of money, but no, it's not a lot of football money. I don't know if his point is that they should have given somebody else a vet minimum salary, or tried to pay him less than the vet minimum somehow, or...?

My only point is that the guy is getting his ass kicked for LOW FOOTBALL MONEY and is being a professional about it. He doesn't need to be doing this. It's a miserable situation but it's probably the best stopgap for right now as long as good ol' Derek is the consummate boring professional in the locker room and doesn't get his neck broken on the football field until Josh gets back. That's it, I'm not trying to argue wealth distribution or some larger socioeconomic argument here. No matter what they have to pay somebody money to be on the field.

Edited by Nelius

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Right? Like I kind of get it, but I don't really get. Yes, it's a lot of money, but no, it's not a lot of football money. I don't know if his point is that they should have given somebody else a vet minimum salary, or tried to pay him less than the vet minimum, or...?

My only point is that the guy is getting his ass kicked for LOW FOOTBALL MONEY and is being a professional about it. He doesn't need to be doing this. It's a miserable situation but it's probably the best stopgap for right now as long as good ol' Derek is the consummate boring professional in the locker room and doesn't get his neck broken on the football field until Josh gets back. That's it, I'm not trying to argue wealth distribution or some larger socioeconomic argument here. No matter what they have to pay somebody money to be on the field.

I’d be happy to swap quotes with Dirty old B all night arguing about it if he is up for it.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Right? Like I kind of get it, but I don't really get. Yes, it's a lot of money, but no, it's not a lot of football money. I don't know if his point is that they should have given somebody else a vet minimum salary, or tried to pay him less than the vet minimum somehow, or...?

My point is he isn't worth more than the veteran minimum. He essentially held out, and had a team as desperate as could be for a QB.

The market determines your value. Just because other people work the same job are paid more, doesn't mean he is underpaid.

He's not worth more than the minimum. Maybe you see more value in him than I do, I don't see his salary as an injustice or the Bills doing a player wrong. 

I'm almost always pro-player when it comes to negotiations. I'm fine with hold outs, for example, I think what Le'veon is doing is right. I'm not viewing his salary as just a number compared to what the average person makes. I'm viewing him in what I think he's worth as a football player. No one wanted Derek Anderson. Otherwise he'd be making a hell of a lot more.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’d be happy to swap quotes with Dirty old B all night arguing about it if he is up for it.

Nah... I've pretty much said my piece in the post above 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

A small oversight in posting this can still garner 4 pages worth of discussion.   

50/50  maybe it was worth the topic.  

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

IDK why this is a post. theres thousands of NFL players who live like this every season.

Naive asf.

I admitted it wan't that much of a story.  I was going to delete it but, as I just posted .....  it keeps getting replies.  

call it a small distraction from the impending doom of Monday night, firing the head coach, how there's nowhere to go but up, the worst offense in the NFL...  etc 

16 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Some needs to teach Allen to protect himself like Mahomes. Mahomes takes off running and is looking down field and then run out of bounds. I know our O-Line is horrid but the coach needs to teach Allen to protect himself and win games with his arm.

On the play Allen got hurt he did exactly nothing wrong.

I don't worry about Allen's ability to stay healthy. This was such a fluke injury