The NFL Has Terminated Down Judge Hugo Cruz from Referee Carl Cheffers' Crew

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

I'm curious if this was due to personal transgression, or if it's just the NFL making a marketing move to the fans saying that they do care about the quality of refereeing in the league. I can't imagine it would actually be due to his game calls, otherwise why him over any other ref?

If they really want to impress this fan base fire Jerome before Monday nights game ;) 

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

Can't view the article - likely on my end, but this was what led me to believe they didn't provide a public reason from the post itself, "The NFL Referees Association has not responded to our requests for comment, and an NFL spokesman declined to comment."

Missing a "critical" false start (that "resulted in a TD"--as though that's why SD was able to score!) is a bizarre way to go.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Racist

?

and when does Goodell get fired for being awful at his job? ?

When his bosses think he's no longer any good to hide behind.  As far as they are concerned, he is the greatest commissioner in all of sports history.  He IS the border wall.

Hard to believe people still don't understand this....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL wishes to thank Hugo Cruz for his service to the league.  While this was a difficult step to take, it should serve to highlight our commitment to having top quality officials on the field for every game.

...so is Riveron NEXT then??.............

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Missing a "critical" false start (that "resulted in a TD"--as though that's why SD was able to score!) is a bizarre way to go.

Right? I mean, I've seen this happen before and other missed calls lead to TDs. I get it's likely due to a track record of missed calls, but how have there not been more firings/suspensions, or was his track record just that egregious? My confusion arises with how this situation was handled and why it deserves this treatment when, by the seemingly same standard, they should fire half the officiating crews out there? (Half being a bit hyperbolic here, but certainly more than one down judge.)

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Right? I mean, I've seen this happen before and other missed calls lead to TDs. I get it's likely due to a track record of missed calls, but how have there not been more firings/suspensions, or was his track record just that egregious? My confusion arises with how this situation was handled and why it deserves this treatment when, by the seemingly same standard, they should fire half the officiating crews out there? (Half being a bit hyperbolic here, but certainly more than one down judge.)

.....not to make big deal of it because the "track record" FACTS are not real clear.....but the first NFL official dismissal in a decade+ happens to be a Hispanic minority........would seem that they better have some serious "ducks in a row" to avoid the publicity of a discrimination lawsuit......

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not to make big deal of it because the "track record" FACTS are not real clear.....but the first NFL official dismissal in a decade+ happens to be a Hispanic minority........would seem that they better have some serious "ducks in a row" to avoid the publicity of a discrimination lawsuit......

Considering they have a bunch of other minorities and a woman refereeing, I imagine their ducks are perfectly lined.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

When his bosses think he's no longer any good to hide behind.  As far as they are concerned, he is the greatest commissioner in all of sports history.  He IS the border wall.

Yup.  I'd love to see the approval ratings for RG compared to the owners as a group, just for a laugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

He makes his company huge profits... he is not awful for the reasons that matter to his bosses.

Haha, the nfl makes a lot of money argument.  I get it.  He’s the shield for idiot owners.  But any other sports league would have ditched this guy a long time ok.  He’s a joke.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the nfl didn’t print money, this guy (the owners) could have destroyed the golden goose.  I’d argue the nfl would be more profitable (scary I know) if they got right of Goodell.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, the nfl makes a lot of money argument.  I get it.  He’s the shield for idiot owners.  But any other sports league would have ditched this guy a long time ok.  He’s a joke.

If the nfl didn’t print money, this guy (the owners) could have destroyed the golden goose.  I’d argue the nfl would be more profitable (scary I know) if they got right of Goodell.  

Just b.c you think that doesnt make it true.

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so is Riveron NEXT then??.............

With our dedication to delivering the highest quality product to the fans as our guiding principle, we will continue to evaluate all officials in a fair and objective manner, with the goal being to provide the best possible crew for each game.

• Haha (+1) 1