The people marching to the boarder ???

mead107

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Does anyone here think they can take an educated guess of what will actually happen when the caravan finds itself at the US border?

A ) They close the border and no one gets through. Companies in the US and Mexico put pressure on the Mexican government to disburse the horde.

B ) Troops get sent to the front and the unarmed invaders go on a suicide mission to storm the closed US border.     

Pick A, it is the more likely choice.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I keep hearing that they're headed for the Tijuana crossing. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Anybody have any theories?

Apparently, the border is tough to cross on foot in points away from the western border if you want to cross at a real border crossing (and for show, they appear to want to) .  They are heading there because it is the best route for a reasonable terrain (ie, not desert) and weather (I am sure heading to California factors into it too).  I doubt they counted on a hurricane bearing down on them. (This is just what I have read as Cozumel isn't exactly "Mexico" and that is my only practical familiarity with the terrain and weather.)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I keep hearing that they're headed for the Tijuana crossing. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Anybody have any theories?

I would have guessed that they would be marching towards a more rural border crossing to overwhelm the border agents, or just a tract of open land (though that would defeat the 'refugee' narrative.)

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Does anyone here think they can take an educated guess of what will actually happen when the caravan finds itself at the US border?

They turn left and walk until the CA border, and Jerry Brown lets them in.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

They turn left and walk until the CA border, and Jerry Brown lets them in.

Unlikely, although I am certain he'd be amenable to it.

Trump said that he is not going to deploy the national guard...governor interference.  We shall see, but as of now, he indicated US troops are more likely.  

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I would have guessed that they would be marching towards a more rural border crossing to overwhelm the border agents, or just a tract of open land (though that would defeat the 'refugee' narrative.)

If the cartels/cabal are running the caravan, as many suspect, then what you'll likely get is a mass crossing attempt at several, high profile locations. This is designed to pull all the attention and ICE/LEO assets away from other areas where the cartel/cabal will funnel through their higher priced goods (drugs, terrorists, kids/traffickers). It's a time tested method according to ICE agents I know. 

I suspect the military will be used in the high profile areas (as deterrents) and that will help them keep the ICE/LEOs who can make arrests free to plug the gaps. 

But it's a big border.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the cartels/cabal are running the caravan, as many suspect, then what you'll likely get is a mass crossing attempt at several, high profile locations. This is designed to pull all the attention and ICE/LEO assets away from other areas where the cartel/cabal will funnel through their higher priced goods (drugs, terrorists, kids/traffickers). It's a time tested method according to ICE agents I know. 

I suspect the military will be used in the high profile areas (as deterrents) and that will help them keep the ICE/LEOs who can make arrests free to plug the gaps. 

But it's a big border.

I just viewed the Tijuana area via Google Earth and it looks pretty well locked down. If the mountains are truly a barrier too then for the caravan isn't going to be able to swarm the border.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I just viewed the Tijuana area via Google Earth and it looks pretty well locked down. If the mountains are truly a barrier too then for the caravan isn't going to be able to swarm the border.

For the optics alone, they'll try to send a hoard towards the most cameras and border agents. The goal won't be to get those people across, but to let them take the fall (and hope a few get killed while cameras are rolling for the political points that would score) while a much smaller percentage cross elsewhere with the more prized assets.

If the caravan is really 15k as I'm hearing in certain places, they will likely divide the main mass into three or four prongs to hit Tijuana and a few other spots along the Texas border. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

For the optics alone, they'll try to send a hoard towards the most cameras and border agents. The goal won't be to get those people across, but to let them take the fall (and hope a few get killed while cameras are rolling for the political points that would score) while a much smaller percentage cross elsewhere with the more prized assets.

If the caravan is really 15k as I'm hearing in certain places, they will likely divide the main mass into three or four prongs to hit Tijuana and a few other spots along the Texas border. 

"Horde."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The goal won't be to get those people across, but to let them take the fall (and hope a few get killed while cameras are rolling for the political points that would score) while a much smaller percentage cross elsewhere with the more prized assets.

In that CNN self-own clip you posted, the reported noted that the caravan was pausing to pay respects to one of the members who fell off the truck and got killed.

I didn't hear the reporter ask who was paying the truck drivers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Right now it will be whatever Trump feels is the best political response.  That might mean processing them through and assigning them their way into the future court dates.  Trump can then highlight this as a ridiculous situation and ask people to vote R if you want it fixed. 

15 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In that CNN self-own clip you posted, the reported noted that the caravan was pausing to pay respects to one of the members who fell off the truck and got killed.

And someone explained to the reporter that they're not histrionic little babies who feel the need to memorialize every god damned thing as a devastating tragedy?

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Right now it will be whatever Trump feels is the best political response.  That might mean processing them through and assigning them their way into the future court dates.  Trump can then highlight this as a ridiculous situation and ask people to vote R if you want it fixed. 

Separating kids from adults, vetting the adults, charging the traffickers...which will take six months, which the kids will spend in detention, because that's all the law allows.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's eaten by hobbits.  It's fictitious.

It ‘can’ be eaten by hobbits. It can be eaten by men. But I would associate it with the elves and not the hobbits. Again, Tom, you’re a bit off. 

I seriously advocate, at the border, firing gas, then warning shots, the lethal

force. We’ll kill 20 or less and the rest will route. Awful? Atrocious? Yes. But it’s the best scrnario for us and them in the long run. Sometimes machevelian tactics are the most humane. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because they don't want to be Americans, they want to be Hondurans, et al., in America.

Why not just stop at Mexico and save a lot of walking. Seems a lot of people want to come here in spite of unfavorable worldview of America. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hmmmm maybe this is the left's strategy.  See.....we don't need no stinking wall.  

47 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Remember guys, the caravan isn't going to hit the border until way after the midterms.

Unless they get moved by bus or rail over a great distance in a short time.

Breaking news.  Bomb found at Soros' NY estate.  Another October surprise?  Does Soros have his estate swept daily for bombs or does this fit the narrative that alt right types are dumb and unsophisticated in everything they do?  

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Breaking news.  Bomb found at Soros' NY estate.  Another October surprise?  Does Soros have his estate swept daily for bombs or does this fit the narrative that alt right types are dumb and unsophisticated in everything they do?  

Soros isn't above hiring someone to blow up his mailbox for the sake of changing the narrative about the mob. 

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

That would defy their narrative of the march being spontaneous and not planned or funded by outside interests. Again, they're planning on marching 43 miles tomorrow, which is ridiculous. If they accomplish that they'll be riding most of the way.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That would defy their narrative of the march being spontaneous and not planned or funded by outside interests. 

Only if it's reported.

25 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Soros isn't above hiring someone to blow up his mailbox for the sake of changing the narrative about the mob. 

Reminder: Soros made his fortune by forcing the British to devalue the Pound Sterling.  He basically stole a billion dollars from the UK Treasury.  Then did the same thing to the ASEAN currencies five years later.

Soros built his fortune by leaving a trail of economic devastation behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe President Trump asks Congress to declare war on Mexico and invades their northern provinces. That way he can arm the military and put some teeth in the fight against this assault on our sovereignty. 

Captured POWs could build the wall. ***** you McCain. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Only if it's reported.

Reminder: Soros made his fortune by forcing the British to devalue the Pound Sterling.  He basically stole a billion dollars from the UK Treasury.  Then did the same thing to the ASEAN currencies five years later.

Soros built his fortune by leaving a trail of economic devastation behind him.

Truly amazing he is still breathing.