The people marching to the boarder ???

mead107

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Where are all the women and children? 

Excellent reporting from Ami Horowitz (Daily Wire) who traveled to Mexico to find out the real reason why there is a caravan of migrants on its way to the United States’ border with its southern neighbor.  Within the video report you can get an understanding of who is inside the group (95% young males); and why they are making the journey.

Horowitz actually embeds with the migrants to ask questions and understand how it is logistically possible for tens-of-thousands of people to travel, eat and sleep over such a great distance.  What he discovers is the network of facilitating agencies who are spending tens-of-millions to challenge U.S. sovereignty and overwhelm our immigration laws.

migrant-caravan-3.jpeg?w=640&h=960

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Excellent reporting from Ami Horowitz (Daily Wire) who traveled to Mexico to find out the real reason why there is a caravan of migrants on its way to the United States’ border with its southern neighbor.  Within the video report you can get an understanding of who is inside the group (95% young males); and why they are making the journey.

Horowitz actually embeds with the migrants to ask questions and understand how it is logistically possible for tens-of-thousands of people to travel, eat and sleep over such a great distance.  What he discovers is the network of facilitating agencies who are spending tens-of-millions to challenge U.S. sovereignty and overwhelm our immigration laws.

I'm not going to go through all the steps down the rabbit hole from this, but eventually you get to the OAS report on the Honduran elections, where the OAS Secretay General calls for new elections because of

Deliberate human intrusions in the computer system, intentional elimination of digital traces, the impossibility of knowing the number of opportunities in which the system was violated, pouches of votes open or lacking votes, the extreme statistical improbability with respect to participation levels within the same department, recently printed ballots and additional irregularities, added to the narrow difference of votes between the two most voted candidates, make it impossible to determine with the necessary certainty the winner.

Hmmmm...sound familiar?

One American pastor joined the caravan and is posting about it on Facebook. 

https://churchleaders.com/news/337415-caravan-in-mexico-pastor-wanted-know-truth-about-migrant-caravan-so-he-joined-it.html?fbclid=IwAR3xdiyMPW3Ep2tGp8xPIA6BNruAwzeNYO91kv8EYJa58dqgjeHSAXezwE8

The links to his posts are in that story. They are a little LAMPy but still from on the ground. Interesting to follow. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

One American pastor joined the caravan and is posting about it on Facebook. 

https://churchleaders.com/news/337415-caravan-in-mexico-pastor-wanted-know-truth-about-migrant-caravan-so-he-joined-it.html?fbclid=IwAR3xdiyMPW3Ep2tGp8xPIA6BNruAwzeNYO91kv8EYJa58dqgjeHSAXezwE8

The links to his posts are in that story. 

I'd say that you're missing the point but that would imply you seek truth.

Let's just go with the narrative that almost everyone in the caravan and others seeking to come to America are well intentioned.  I have two questions based one that:

1.  How many should we allow in overall?  In other words, how many is too many?

2. Based on your answer to 1, how should we decide which people should be allowed in?

The simple truth is that the people in the caravan are pawns to something most within it do not intend or understand.  The fact that there is an organization called People Without Borders which is helping these people get to the US with a supply chain of necessities enabling their travel is a demonstration of that.  Does that organization have similar operations under way helping people get in to Iran?  North Korea? China?  Sri Lanka? Canada? Any other tin pot backward country like that?  If not, why not?  Why isn't it helping people from other parts of the world get to the US on a massive scale?  Why are Hondurans coming the the US so special?  Why not Albanians migrating to Tahiti?  No borders amirite?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'd say that you're missing the point but that would imply you seek truth.

Let's just go with the narrative that almost everyone in the caravan and others seeking to come to America is well intentioned.  I have two questions based one that:

1.  How many should we allow in overall?  In other words, how many is too many?

We have a system for legal immigration. We should let in whoever makes it through that system.

2. Based on your answer to 1, how should we decide which people should be allowed in?

Follow the legal process.

The simple truth is that the people in the caravan are pawns to something most within it do not intend or understand.  The fact that there is an organization called People Without Borders which is helping these people get to the US with a supply chain of necessities enabling their travel is a demonstration of that.  Does that organization have similar operations under way helping people get in to Iran?  North Korea? China?  Sri Lanka? Canada? Any other tin pot backward country like that?  If not, why not?  Why isn't it helping people from other parts of the world get to the US on a massive scale?  Why are Hondurans coming the the US so special?  Why not Albanians migrating to Tahiti?  No borders amirite?

The immigrant caravan is demonized as criminals and an invasion, and been part of scare tactics to fire up an electorate. Some are criminal. But mostly they are people seeking a better life. It's a challenge, but one better approached through a lens of compassion than "target practice" jokes and dehumanization. They are humans. The NYC Jew is human. The Missisippi family on the bayou is human. None of them are beneath that threshold. 

11 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not going to go through all the steps down the rabbit hole from this, but eventually you get to the OAS report on the Honduran elections, where the OAS Secretay General calls for new elections because of

Hmmmm...sound familiar?

And which SecState ran the information campaign to oust the former regime?

Between Hondouras and Libya it's amazing her supporters have the nerve to call her a positive force for good in the world. 

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The immigrant caravan is demonized as criminals and an invasion, and been part of scare tactics to fire up an electorate. Some are criminal. But mostly they are people seeking a better life. It's a challenge, but one better approached through a lens of compassion than "target practice" jokes and dehumanization. They are humans. The NYC Jew is human. The Missisippi family on the bayou is human. None of them are beneath that threshold. 

I’m going to break into your house that is nicer than mine and demand access to your bigger bank account because, you know, I’m just seeking a better life. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m going to break into your house that is nicer than mine and demand access to your bigger bank account because, you know, I’m just seeking a better life. 

That's a strong counterpoint to a person who says "seeking a better life entitles you to break into my house and take my money."

two four six oh one

Edited by BeginnersMind

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

We have a system for legal immigration. We should let in whoever makes it through that system.

Does our immigration system seek to accommodate thousands of people simultaneously redefining the word asylum because a bunch of commies organized a caravan?  Which clause provides for that?

My post which you quoted demonized zero people in that caravan yet 75% of your reply was about demonization?  Why is that?  

6 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

We have a legal system which puts limits on the numbers granted visa's and citizenship and defines proper entry into the country.  Many that come here circumvent that process and abuse the leniency in the illegal entry process.  It's a no brainer that improper entry and proper entry in reasonable numbers be strictly enforced.  This should be something both political parties easily agree on.  Trump's position on the whole matter is easily the most proper and sensible in decades (with exception of who pays for wall).  Big reason he won the election. 

Edited by keepthefaith

57 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

We have a legal system which puts limits on the numbers granted visa's and citizenship and defines proper entry into the country.  Many that come here circumvent that process and abuse the leniency in the illegal entry process.  It's a no brainer that improper entry and proper entry in reasonable numbers be strictly enforced.  This should be something both political parties easily agree on.  Trump's position on the whole matter is easily the most proper and sensible in decades (with exception of who pays for wall).  Big reason he won the election. 

Immigration is a red meat issue like abortion, gay marriage, trans bathrooms, guns. It affects few people but gets people's panties in a bunch. Tackling things like social security, bank regulation, military overspending, executive authority...I'm falling asleep already...wake me up when I get to something important...oh I got one: Stormy Daniels! Now I'm woke.

I am not against securing the border. But I am for less restrictive LEGAL immigration policy as well. We *need* immigrants. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Immigration is a red meat issue like abortion, gay marriage, trans bathrooms, guns. It affects few people but gets people's panties in a bunch. Tackling things like social security, bank regulation, military overspending, executive authority...I'm falling asleep already...wake me up when I get to something important...oh I got one: Stormy Daniels! Now I'm woke.

I am not against securing the border. But I am for less restrictive LEGAL immigration policy as well. We *need* immigrants. 

Fundamentally untrue. There may have been a time that you were correct, but with the numbers estimated as high as 22,000,000 folks here illegally, under radar, burdening the system, it impacts everybody.  Medicaid is impacted. Social security is impacted. Federal and State tax rates are impacted. Cost of insurance, level of benefits available. And so on. 

I'd liken it to a fuse burning for an awfully long time, decades in fact, so long in fact that anyone can see it if they are looking. But eventually, the fuse reaches the economic bomb and detonation surely follows. Who is impacted, and how they are impacted changes from individual to individual. 

I'd favor more restrictive immigration all day, every day. Then again today's immigration system really boils down to those who follow the rules and those who do not. In fact, add legal immigration to the list of items directly and adversely impacted by illegal immigration.