The people marching to the boarder ???

mead107

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Great trolling.  Reid comes out and denounces his own words...

...so he's supporting a claim that he's no longer sane.  :lol:

Reid says that “immediately” after he proposed the bill in 1993 his wife sat him down and set him straight.

Except here’s an op-ed he wrote in the Los Angeles Times more than a year later pushing the same legislation.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-08-10/local/me-25434_1_legal-immigration …

PERSPECTIVES ON IMMIGRATION : Cut Legal Admissions by Two-Thirds : Immigration: A senator offers a 'stabilization' bill.

Once a liar Harry..............always a liar.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3

Trump is right again.

Mexico’s ambassador to U.S. claims there are very violent migrants in caravan

Original Article

Mexico’s U.S. Ambassador — Geronimo Gutierrez — is blasting Democrats for saying everyone in the migrant caravan are all peaceful refugees seeking asylum. On Tuesday, Gutierrez explained there have been multiple instances where migrants have been “very violent,” while rebelling against border authorities

We are lying to America about taking away pre-existing condition protection, in fact we are suing to remove while we tell you we support it, but look over there, 5,000 brown people are 1,500 miles away and coming here on foot for the hope of a better life.

Maybe a job at Home Depot or honest work in construction or disaster clean up. Let’s point guns at them! 

1 minute ago, Thurmal34 said:

We are lying to America about taking away pre-existing condition protection, in fact we are suing to remove while we tell you we support it, but look over there, 5,000 brown people are 1,500 miles away and coming here on foot for the hope of a better life.

Maybe a job at Home Depot or honest work in construction or disaster clean up. Let’s point guns at them! 

Drinking early?

3 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Did you start drinking at noon today?

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. The amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War.

What was the original intent and purpose of the 14th Amendment?

The 14th Amendment was ratified to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights as recently-freed slaves were being denied. The Amendment was written to prevent state governments from denying citizenship to Blacks born in the United States.

2 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Halloween party! Thinking of WFH tomorrow, but gotta email my boss relatively soon on that. We’ll see. Depends on the buffoonery I guess.

So nobody wants to listen to your bull ***** at the Halloween party, so you decide to post it here?

52 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

The challenge of pre-existing conditions is part of the effort to completely neuter the ACA.  Since a full repeal has failed, they're taking the piece by piece approach. 

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The challenge of pre-existing conditions is part of the effort to completely neuter the ACA.  Since a full repeal has failed, they're taking the piece by piece approach. 

It's almost like liberals don't like their own tactic of litigating-things-they-don't-like-to-death used against them!

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

Halloween party! Thinking of WFH tomorrow, but gotta email my boss relatively soon on that. We’ll see. Depends on the buffoonery I guess.

I might work from home tomorrow, too.  Let me ask my boss:

DC Tom, can I work from home tomorrow?

Yes.

Thanks!  You're the best.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes.

I've got a great boss too. It's gotten so he knows what I'm thinking as I'm thinking it. We're like this: fingers%20crossed%20emoji.png

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've got a great boss too. It's gotten so he knows what I'm thinking as I'm thinking it. We're like this: fingers%20crossed%20emoji.png

Poor guy...

But at least he's not boyst's boss, so he's got that going for him, which is nice...

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

But lying the entire time about it. I’m a registered Republican - have been since 18 and will always support fiscal responsibility, individual liberties, and personal choice on a national level. 

That said, I have always voted based on what I know/knew about each candidate regardless of party and always will. I’m a free thinker. 

However, an abject look at the data shows that the Republicans, when in power, always expand spending and grow the deficit. Surprised? Who wants charts and graphs?

Couple that with the way republicans work so hard to prevent people from voting and you have to ask...what are they afraid of?

Then look at this picture and you see it.

0C19FC0E-A167-4160-ABF3-BCC1A04BB7B3.jpeg

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Yes.

Good for you DC Tom!

wish I was my own boss. 

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Rocks being thrown will be treated the same as a firearm. Throw a rock, get dropped." (paraphrased)

Whatever you say about POTUS, he's not going to put troops in danger by tying their hands with ridiculous ROE. 

He's also creating the same dynamic at work in Israel vs. the Palestinians.  

Which is not the most constructive dynamic to emulate.

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Rocks being thrown will be treated the same as a firearm. Throw a rock, get dropped." (paraphrased)

Whatever you say about POTUS, he's not going to put troops in danger by tying their hands with ridiculous ROE. 

I can see  the use of teargas, water cannons and rubber bullets.

I can see  the use of teargas, water cannons and rubber bullets.

Do we let them in to the country before we fire on them?

Or do we fire on people while they're still in Mexico?  Keeping in mind, of course, that even firing tear gas into Mexico is a de facto act of war.  

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or do we fire on people while they're still in Mexico?  Keeping in mind, of course, that even firing tear gas into Mexico is a de facto act of war.  

Mexico has had their chance to stop them.

After notifying Mexico  of their plan, 

I would go in approx. 1 -2 miles (yes Tom, I know, an act of war)

Set up the tent cities with food and supplies, and process them there.......................not on US soil.

There will undoubtedly be some who try and get past, but use of non-lethal force should be able to handle it.

The biggest problem is that the women and children will be pushed to the front, and the 'men' hiding behind..................

That is why having immediate food and medicine available will hopefully stop the advance peacefully

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I bet what will happen is that they'll be herded  into a compound surrounded by razor wire and housed in tents. There'll be a somewhat lengthy wait to get their asylum hearing and then 95%-99% of them will be sent back on our dime.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Mexico has had their chance to stop them.

After notifying Mexico  of their plan, 

I would go in approx. 1 -2 miles (yes Tom, I know, an act of war)

Set up the tent cities with food and supplies, and process them there.......................not on US soil.

There will undoubtedly be some who try and get past, but use of non-lethal force should be able to handle it.

The biggest problem is that the women and children will be pushed to the front, and the .men. hiding behind..................

That is why having immediate food and medicine available will hopefully stop the advance peacefully

This is a federal government who can't even get aid after a hurricane, they'll say. 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

This is a federal government who can't even get aid after a hurricane, they'll say. 

Seems like there has been a good deal of cooperation between the states and the federal government during recent hurricanes and they deserve credit.

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If they really want to stop them without a show of force, they would break out the non lethal sonic devices. Even with old technology my understanding is they could quite easily make it very, very uncomfortable for a large mass of people to approach the border. 

But going off your point above, to something I hadn't considered before, would firing sonic weapons or other NLDs into Mexico be an act of war? Especially if you're not firing projectiles of any kind?

I bet what will happen is that they'll be herded  into a compound surrounded by razor wire and housed in tents. There'll be a somewhat lengthy wait to get their asylum hearing and then 95%-99% of them will be sent back on our dime.

Yep. 

I said it earlier this week: no one's thought that far ahead, that these people are going to be placed into literal concentration camps. 

It's like the organizers are specifically trying to trigger a civil war.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If they really want to stop them without a show of force, they would break out the non lethal sonic devices. Even with old technology my understanding is they could quite easily make it very, very uncomfortable for a large mass of people to approach the border. 

But going off your point above, to something I hadn't considered before, would firing sonic weapons or other NLDs into Mexico be an act of war? Especially if you're not firing projectiles of any kind?

I think it's hard to argue as a matter of international law that broadcasting noise across the border is an act of war.

I mean, someone would argue it, I'm sure, probably on some crackpot belief that the military is using "assault speakers" that are qualitatively different from my Yamaha floor speakers or something.  And I can't wait to laugh at them.  

I have to add, too, that we have no idea what's going on diplomatically between Mexico and the US.  It's possible (albeit highly unlikely, as it would end Nieto's government) that the US and Mexico have an agreement that once the caravan hits the border, the US military can enter Mexico strictly to control the crowd and enforce an orderly crossing of the border, so that CBP can process the asylum requests. 

(And aside from the Mexican people rioting in the streets over a US invasion, it's a sound plan: Keeps the refugees safe, eliminates any argument that the Army is being used to enforce domestic law, properly enforces immigration law at the border, keeps the situation from devolving into a humanitarian crisis on Mexican soil.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Well, it's about that time of the century to have an amphibious landing at Veracruz...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Does any kind of gas count or just tear gas?  What if we fart in their general direction?

• Haha (+1) 1