Draft another QB

Dkollidas

13 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Please stop overreacting.  he has zero supporting cast around him.  Let's be real, Tom Brady wouldn't be that successful with our "O" line and our Receiving Corps.  Remember that Peyton Manning was absolute garbage during his rookie year and so were many others.  When are we gonna have the mentality to stop jumping ship every year for 1st year players/coaches?  Dynasties do NOT happen over night.  I know it's been growing pains for a while now, but it's difficult to build a franchise when we clean house almost every year.  Be patient and let Josh Allen develop.  He will be successful! 

Peyton manning threw for 3700 yards and 26 TD's his rookie year. We cant compare Josh sucking this year to Peyton Sucking his rookie year because id love for Josh to be where Peyton was his rookie year

1998 Indianapolis Colts 16 575 326 56.7 35.9 3,739 6.5 233.7 26 4.5 28

On that note I will continue to support Allen because im a Bills fan but Im starting not to hate the idea of getting another qb in the mid rounds next year. Allen just does not look good and the more young qbs we have the better chance on hitting on one of them

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand Allen is a work in progress and that his supporting cast isn’t top of the line but a lot of the offensive problems start with Josh Allen. To say Tom Brady will be bad here is ridiculous. The patriots have won championships with bad receivers Tom Brady makes people better. The Oline wouldn’t be a factor he’d still pick a defense apart with short quick routes the same ones that Daboll doesn’t know how to run 

I’m not sure how the Brady comparison even began here, but it sort of highlights how ridiculous this discussion has become (I know you didn’t bring him into it).

Brady would have a hard time with our line.  Yes, he has made it work with mediocre weapons.  But he has always been well protected and had time to spare in the pocket.

A good line can make even bad QBs look pretty good.  I remember being excited about Ortin coming here - he had his best season with Denver, and looked like a different QB.  But they had one of the top lines that year, and that was what made the difference.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I’m not sure how the Brady comparison even began here, but it sort of highlights how ridiculous this discussion has become (I know you didn’t bring him into it).

Brady would have a hard time with our line.  Yes, he has made it work with mediocre weapons.  But he has always been well protected and had time to spare in the pocket.

A good line can make even bad QBs look pretty good.  I remember being excited about Ortin coming here - he had his best season with Denver, and looked like a different QB.  But they had one of the top lines that year, and that was what made the difference.

Orton did pretty well here. And he didn’t even start the entire season. I believe he got the start in week 5 and we were already 2-2 we finished 9-7. If I am correct. Which is a decent season with 2 loses already under your belt. Who knows what the final record would have been if EJ Manuel didn’t start the first 4 games and Orton did. And I do agree that a good offensive line is needed in football but a good OC and QB can pick up the slack. It would require a good scheme. Quick slants, screens, short routes, a highly accurate QB, good rhythm, great knowledge of defensive coverages, great pocket awareness, great pocket movement, and the ability to read the defense pre and post snap at a blazing rate of speed. Clearly every single thing that Josh allen does not have in his tool belt. But something Tom Brady does. I hate Tom Brady as well but anyone who thinks Josh Allen would succeed on the Patriots is crazy and you a crazy if you don’t think the Buffalo Bills wouldn’t be better if Tom Brady was our QB and I guarantee there are very few Buffalo Bills fans that wouldn’t take Tom Brady over Josh allen. Not factoring in tom Brady’s age and all that just saying skill wise. 

Edited by Rebel101

You have to give Allen 1 more season at this point. We should see a significant overhaul on offense this offseason. If you provide him with a better O-line and some WR help AND he still doesn't improve then i think you look to draft a QB in 2020. 

1 hour ago, pop gun said:

Their not drafting another $%#@!% QB in 2019!

A lot of teams have done it actually. A friend of mine told me they were talking about this on ESPN the other day. Saying that the teams who have done it have actually been rewarded. The only one I know of came in the same year. Kirk Cousins and RG3 and they both would have been good if RG3 wasn’t ruined by his coaching staff(such a shame)

10 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Orton did pretty well here. And he didn’t even start the entire season. I believe he got the start in week 5 and we were already 2-2 we finished 9-7. If I am correct. Which is a decent season with 2 loses already under your belt. Who knows what the final record would have been if EJ Manuel didn’t start the first 4 games and Orton did. And I do agree that a good offensive line is needed in football but a good OC and QB can pick up the slack. It would require a good scheme. Quick slants, screens, short routes, a highly accurate QB, good rhythm, great knowledge of defensive coverages, great pocket awareness, great pocket movement, and the ability to read the defense pre and post snap at a blazing rate of speed. Clearly every single thing that Josh allen does not have in his tool belt. But something Tom Brady does. I hate Tom Brady as well but anyone who thinks Josh Allen would succeed on the Patriots is crazy and you a crazy if you don’t think the Buffalo Bills wouldn’t be better if Tom Brady was our QB and I guarantee there are very few Buffalo Bills fans that wouldn’t take Tom Brady over Josh allen. Not factoring in tom Brady’s age and all that just saying skill wise. 

Wow - where did I say I didn’t think we’d be better with Brady?

12 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m a fan of getting the kid from UB. 

I know they are playing lights out right now and mostly because of him. But where is he expected to go? I highly doubt a kid from UB in the MAC is getting drafted as early as round 3-5 no matter what he does. 

And yes, don’t bother reminding me about Mack. And yes, I already know the WR Johnson is slated to go in the first few rounds as well. 

You obviously did not watch the Army game.  He was horrible.  Kid couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  If you don't like Allen, he is Allen Light, big arm, athletic, no accuracy.

Haha you aren’t serious are you? Maybe one day in a few years, but you can’t possibly think that at this point in time. Allen can’t even read a defense pre or post snap. He has no pocket awareness or pocket movement. He is inaccurate, incapable of knowing which route is open against a certain coverage, and he doesn’t know how to beat pressure. I can continue but I feel like no matter what I say your mind is made up that Allen is better then Brady. Please tell me why

I think he was trying to be funny, at least I hope he was.  If he was serious I am going to the mods today to get him banned from the board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of teams have done it actually. A friend of mine told me they were talking about this on ESPN the other day. Saying that the teams who have done it have actually been rewarded. The only one I know of came in the same year. Kirk Cousins and RG3 and they both would have been good if RG3 wasn’t ruined by his coaching staff(such a shame)

RGIII was a one trick pony in college that wasn't very good once the league caught up to him so Washington hedged by taking Cousins later on and it worked out in their favor to a tee. 

IMO if Washington thought RGIII was the next coming they wouldn't have hedged and drafted Cousins. 

Also IMO, the Bills think Allen is their guy so no need to hedge. 

Edited by pop gun

29 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You obviously did not watch the Army game.  He was horrible.  Kid couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  If you don't like Allen, he is Allen Light, big arm, athletic, no accuracy.

I think he was trying to be funny, at least I hope he was.  If he was serious I am going to the mods today to get him banned from the board.

Lol I dunno I don’t think he was being funny...I feel like a funny guy who explain that it was a joke. I mean he might back pedal now but some people think Josh allen isn’t the problem. I know he is a major problem in the offensive side of the ball. But I also know that he is young and has a long way to go before any definitive analysis can be given. Does he have a lot of things he has to fix absolutely. And it is not going to be easy but for some reason I get the vibe from him that he is willing to put the time and effort in needed to reach his potential. I may be wrong but I think eventually he will reach his potential and when he does we will have one of the best QBs in the league. But I don’t think it happens for another year or 2. He has a lot to fix and not just physically but mentally as well. They take time and repetition. 

3 hours ago, GG said:

Is there even a question in whether they bring in more QBs next year?

If Anderson does ok and decides to stay on another season or two, it will not surprise me If the Bills pay very little attention to the QB position itself from a draft/FA perspective and focus on supporting cast for Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I’m not saying it has to be a top-10 Pick, but if Allen misses major time and doesn’t show anything when he comes back, I think we need to either...

1) trade down, gather picks for 2020 and try again for a QB

2) draft a guy anywhere in rounds 2-4. Stidham, Jackson from UB are just s couple of the multitude of possibilities. 

Yes no or maybe? 

Jordan Ta’amu QB Ole Miss

Another late rounder or UFA rookie signing is fine, but you've got to give Allen more than 4 games. This is just ridiculous the amount of people abandoning ship on Allen after 4 games. He is still raw, yes. But that's what you get with any rookie QB. And while his stats aren't great, he has started to show progress. They're getting the short throws more involved in the offense and he made two huge throws in Houston, one called back and the other he got hurt on. Led a game winning drive against Tennessee. It was just him and the defense against Minnesota.

He absolutely starts next year, no ifs ands or buts. Have to get him the receivers and the offensive line like LA did with Goff. Probably look for another OC too, who knows. But Allen is here, he's part of the plan that Bills fans have waited decades for (high 1st round QB pick) and it needs to play out until 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, pop gun said:

RGIII was a one trick pony in college that wasn't very good once the league caught up to him so Washington hedged by taking Cousins later on and it worked out in their favor to a tee. 

IMO if Washington thought RGIII was the next coming they wouldn't have hedged and drafted Cousins. 

Also IMO, the Bills think Allen is their guy so no need to hedge. 

RG3 wasn’t that good wasn’t that good once the league caught up to him? You mean after his coach forced him to continue playing hurt and he tore every ligament in his knee? They drafted 2 QBs because they had none. RG3 was a future superstar in this league. He was rookie of the year. Broke the rookie QB record for best TD to INT ratio as a rookie and record for highest passer rating a rookie QB. 

Season Team Games Passing Sacks Rushing Fumbles
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Sck SckY Att Yds Avg TD Fum Lost
2012 WAS 15 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.1 20 5 102.4 30 217 120 815 6.8 7 12

I would take those number for any Buffalo Bills QB even a veteran.

35 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

RG3 wasn’t that good wasn’t that good once the league caught up to him? You mean after his coach forced him to continue playing hurt and he tore every ligament in his knee? They drafted 2 QBs because they had none. RG3 was a future superstar in this league. He was rookie of the year. Broke the rookie QB record for best TD to INT ratio as a rookie and record for highest passer rating a rookie QB. 

Season Team Games Passing Sacks Rushing Fumbles
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Sck SckY Att Yds Avg TD Fum Lost
2012 WAS 15 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.1 20 5 102.4 30 217 120 815 6.8 7 12

I would take those number for any Buffalo Bills QB even a veteran.

Exactly what I said, once the league caught up to him. He took the league by storm as a rookie then stunk and it wasn't because of his knee.  

The only way the Bills draft a QB is if a decent prospect drops to the 6th or 7th round.  Ideally if Anderson plays ok then they can extend him a year or find another veteran that gets let go by another team. The Bills need to build the roster with talent that will contribute sooner than later. 

19 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

The Bills literally have the worst offensive line and wide receivers in the league. That is not an exaggeration. Steve Young looked like crap playing with the same kind of bottom feeder talent in his first two years in Tampa Bay.

The owner made his choice of head coach and GM,...they in turn made their choice of future franchise QB in Josh Allen. The next step in this progression is getting a big upgrade in talent around Josh Allen. This is the one and only answer.

If someone doesn't like it, or doesn't have any belief it will happen for Josh Allen, then they will have to simply wait for the whole darn thing to fail and that won't happen until 2020 at the earliest.

I think fans forget how bad the talent level is on offense. Tom Brady would look bad here.

Only Bills fans will bang the table saying this and also say that loading up on offense for EJ was dumb. 

As far as reading defenses or making quick, correct decisions goes, I'd give him time. If his accuracy is still really bad, then keep drafting QB's, but never again draft a QB with poor accuracy.

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

If McDermott sees a good Christian QB he might pull the trigger.  Somebody who Nate could mentor.

What is your problem? Seriously. WTF?