This picture is epic

Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, 20% of it.

But I could have sworn that one fourth of their 20% resulted in ending the playoff drought. 

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to argue with this. What does this have to do with fans being called impatient? Should we be okay with going back to being a mediocre team because we made the playoffs once in nearly 2 decades? 

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Maybe we just have an ignorant, impatient fan base; maybe that is the problem! 

You know that the "process" is not going to end with a competitive football team. That dream ended when they decided Nate Peterman was the starter. All it ends with is another coaching search and a mishandled 2019 draft class.

It's amazing to me how many people seem to be offended or bothered by a picture that's meant to be funny. Calling people ignorant and say it's not right to show Elmo snorting coke. Last time I checked we're all adults on here. It's a freaking picture, relax

Edited by Buffalo03

Just now, Bangarang said:

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to argue with this. What does this have to do with fans being called impatient? Should we be okay with going back to being a mediocre team because we made the playoffs once in nearly 2 decades? 

It has nothing to do with fans being impatient. Like I said previously, I’m not disagreeing with your larger point about fans and their impatience.

You mentioned 2 decades of futility. I merely pointed out that the Pegulas and current administration own a small fraction of those two decades and that a portion of that small fraction ended 17 years of the playoff futility that fans have suffered through. 

You made a point. I agreed with it and sought to add some context. Nothing more. No need to argue it further.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's amazing to me how many people seem to be offended or bothered by a picture that's meant to be funny. Calling people ignorant and say it's not right to show Elmo snorting coke. Last time I checked we're all adults on here. It's a freaking picture, relax

Who said its Cocaine? Maybe its sugar? He is making a choice between it and healthy fruits and vegetables? Who ever had to make a choice between fruits and vegetables and cocaine?

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, 20% of it.

But I could have sworn that one fourth of their 20% resulted in ending the playoff drought. 

But that playoff appearance doesnt count cause they, unlike any other team in the history of sports, needed assistance to make it in and when they did, were not true SB contenders which they must be or else it's not worth it cause you dont get a high draft pick....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Thank you Cincy

Total fluke of the playoff formula to be sure. Never thought otherwise. 

But I’m also not disingenuous enough to totally dismiss the 9-7 record it took to be in that position in the first place. Feel free to put an asterisk next to it if it makes you feel better.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Who said its Cocaine? Maybe its sugar? He is making a choice between it and healthy fruits and vegetables? Who ever had to make a choice between fruits and vegetables and cocaine?

But that playoff appearance doesnt count cause they, unlike any other team in the history of sports, needed assistance to make it in and when they did, were not true SB contenders which they must be or else it's not worth it cause you dont get a high draft pick....

The Pegulas should have declined the playoff birth instead. It would have been the honorable thing to do. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

still waiting since Jim Kelly was finished....

that is patience beyond endurance for almost every other pro and amateur franchise

I agree anyone that post on this board has been a bills fan long enough to have rooting interest. we have all been patient long enough. Not how anyone can call any bills fan impatient

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It has nothing to do with fans being impatient. Like I said previously, I’m not disagreeing with your larger point about fans and their impatience.

You mentioned 2 decades of futility. I merely pointed out that the Pegulas and current administration own a small fraction of those two decades and that a portion of that small fraction ended 17 years of the playoff futility that fans have suffered through. 

You made a point. I agreed with it and sought to add some context. Nothing more. No need to argue it further.

The Pegulas have had 3 head coaches and two GMs.  They had to fire their team president because he followed the Michael Scott method for running the front office.

In a league that has been trending hard toward offense the last two years, they've hired two defensive coaches.  In a league where it has become essential to have QBs who can read defenses, the only attribute the GMs they hired seem to value is "arm talent."

No doubt that the Pegulas are great for the franchise and great for the city.  But they have had more than enough opportunities to fix the franchise.

They own this now.  Holding them accountable for it is not a bad thing.  The whole QB situation is a blight on the franchise, and it needs to be addressed.  The Pegulas need to be part of the solutiom.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

still waiting since Jim Kelly was finished....

that is patience beyond endurance for almost every other pro and amateur franchise

Entirely different front office and ownership.  But IF you feel the personal need to hold them accountable for all that to make you feel better...... have at it!!

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, vorpma said:

You are a very misguided person; try to understand football is entertainment!

You're on an internet message board preaching positivity and patience to a Buffalo Bills fanbase that has dealt with decades of futility. And you're doing it following the THIRD helping of Nate Petetman's unprecedented garbage. When every man, woman, child, or otherwise in the football world said he should have gone after the first or second dumpster fire.

And now it's possible that against all  odds, Peterman may have another go. And you don't think people have a right to be upset? I'd say if anyone's misguided here - it's you.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're on an internet message board preaching positivity and patience to a Buffalo Bills fanbase that has dealt with decades of futility. And you're doing it following the THIRD helping of Nate Petetman's unprecedented garbage. When every man, woman, child, or otherwise in the football world said he should have gone after the first or second dumpster fire.

I'd say if anyone's misguided - it's you.

Have not posted anything on Nate Peterman, I am preaching patience with the Pegula's, McDermott, and Beane!

53 minutes ago, vorpma said:

No argument, but the Pegulas inherited a failed organization with a losing culture and it's going to take time!

Hey Einstein, I was sitting in War Memorial Stadium in 1966, my father in 1960; I attended the 1966 AFL playoff game and lived through 1968, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984; you cannot even begin to imagine bad! So grow up junior!

You tell 'em, pops!

17 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

The Pegulas have had 3 head coaches and two GMs.  They had to fire their team president because he followed the Michael Scott method for running the front office.

In a league that has been trending hard toward offense the last two years, they've hired two defensive coaches.  In a league where it has become essential to have QBs who can read defenses, the only attribute the GMs they hired seem to value is "arm talent."

No doubt that the Pegulas are great for the franchise and great for the city.  But they have had more than enough opportunities to fix the franchise.

They own this now.  Holding them accountable for it is not a bad thing.  The whole QB situation is a blight on the franchise, and it needs to be addressed.  The Pegulas need to be part of the solutiom.

Of course they own it now. Never implied otherwise. And they’ve certinaly made some questionable decisions along the way. Feel free to blame them for everything that’s occurred over the last four years as it’s all on their watch. 

My only point is that when we, as fans, lament two decades of futility, it’s important to remember they are only a small portion of that time span. Perhaps it’s my experience with far more trying times I’ve experienced with this franchise that gives me that perspective. For instance, if you want to talk futility, how’s this:

For the 25 year period from 1960 through 1984, the Buffalo Bills owned the worst winning percentage of ANY team in ANY of the four major professional sports leagues in America. Talk about futility indeed! When I compare that winning percentage with that of the team since the Pegulas took over? Let’s just say they have to fall far, far lower.

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Entirely different front office and ownership.  But IF you feel the personal need to hold them accountable for all that to make you feel better...... have at it!!

We understand that was an entirely different front office but that doesn't change the fact that we as fans have been waiting over 20 years for a franchise QB. Your argument makes no sense

Edited by Buffalo03