The Refs!

jtothebrown

30 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

So the Bills just lost their starting "franchise" QB on late and illegal hit and there was absolutely no call from the officials on the play.

What?! You mean to tell me that there is some crappy officiating in the NFL? Who would have guessed.

and your response is that the Bills organization should say nothing about this? and fans should not be justifiably outraged?? because its "whining".

I have no doubt the Bills organization will notify, or already have notified, the NFL offices regarding said late hit.

It is not uncommon for teams to submit items and situations, like the the late hit, to the NFL for review.

When they do, they just do not announce it publicly.

That's pure brilliance.  In addition, you've also completely missed the OP's point about the refs disrespect towards the Bills which is proven by the aforementioned illegal hit. 

I did not miss the OP's point. A late hit that was not flagged is not proof of disrespect of the officials against the Bills.

It's proof of a missed call/crappy officiating. Nothing more.

Don't believe me?

Go put on your tin foil beanie, watch more football games than just the Bills, and you will see there is questionable/crappy officiating in every game.

There is no conspiracy by the NFL, or it's officials, against the Buffalo Bills.

Now, stop the whining.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The hit on Zay not being pass interference or defenseless receiver or something to me was the worst call. 

The NFL as a whole is quite disappointing this year on the crap penalties. Primetime games they seem to let them play more 

Id have to see it again but thoroughly enjoy “I don’t know what penalty but definitely deserved a flag” as a take

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Cynical said:
50 minutes ago, Cynical said:

I did not miss the OP's point. A late hit that was not flagged is not proof of disrespect of the officials against the Bills.

It's proof of a missed call/crappy officiating. Nothing more.

Don't believe me?

Go put on your tin foil beanie, watch more football games than just the Bills, and you will see there is questionable/crappy officiating in every game.

There is no conspiracy by the NFL, or it's officials, against the Buffalo Bills.

Yes,  actually you completely missed the point. Any big team with a well known QB never gets treated like that. Brady, Brees , Big Ben, Rogers even Mahomes  would totally get that late hit call but not the Bills.   Which was the POINT. 

Thanks for the advice about watching other teams than the Bills which I already do and thanks for your stunning insight that there is questionable/crappy officiating in every game. Look at my original post and see the following sentence "The refs are inept league wide". I guess that wasn't clear enough.

I never mentioned any conspiracy against the Bills so not sure why I need a "Tin foil" beanie. 

Don't think its whining for the Bills to call out the refs for not doing their job publicly. It makes sense because whatever the Bills are doing now (or not doing) isnt changing anything in the league office.

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

So the Bills just lost their starting "franchise" QB on late and illegal hit and there was absolutely no call from the officials on the play. and your response is that the Bills organization should say nothing about this? and fans should not be justifiably outraged?? because its "whining". That's pure brilliance.  In addition, you've also completely missed the OP's point about the refs disrespect towards the Bills which is proven by the aforementioned illegal hit. 

Pure trash since 1999, what’s this yearzzz excuse?

I mean is it the refs fault we have false starts? That we are still getting illegal formation penalties that teams address the first day of minicamp and teach players how to line up properly? That we go offsides on a kickoff when you cant even have a running start anymore and have to just stand there until the ball is kicked??

These are basic fundamental things that are inexcusable. Refs dont cause those penalties, we cause those penalties.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Blah blah blah...

The refs are the least of the Bills problems. 

Agreed.

And before we all dump the loss on Nate's shoulders, let's remember it's his gorgeous dime of a TD pass into the corner of the end zone that gave us the lead in the first place.

If he hadn't done some nice things for the team, the loss would have been back where it started, on Josh Allen's lousy shoulders.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Yes,  actually you completely missed the point. Any big team with a well known QB never gets treated like that. Brady, Brees , Big Ben, Rogers even Mahomes  would totally get that late hit call but not the Bills.   Which was the POINT. 

Here, I'll help you out. OP's original post:

6 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

The refs are still treating this team like they dont belong to the NFL! Im not saying they are tge reason for the loss completely, thats on Nate, but they definitely had some game changing calls and lack there of as well.

The call on Tre for interference. The no call on PI! The no calls  ever on Jerry Hughes getting constantly held! 

Its almost like were treated like were not supposed to be there, and im sick of watching our players go out there and get played like this!

We need our ownership and coaches to take the fines and start publicly talking about this after games. It may not help a ton, but i notice when certain owners and coaches talk about it, things change a little.

Show me where OP states anything about the officiating against another team other than the Bills in that post.

Show me where OP has stated that this "disrespect" goes beyond the Bills, and impacts other non-"big league teams" in ANY post up to this point.

Thanks for the advice about watching other teams than the Bills which I already do and thanks for your stunning insight that there is questionable/crappy officiating in every game. Look at my original post and see the following sentence "The refs are inept league wide". I guess that wasn't clear enough.

And in your very next sentence: "the refs don't dare call garbage or miss blatant calls on the "big league" teams."

So, they are inept, but not so much for the "big league" teams.

I never mentioned any conspiracy against the Bills so not sure why I need a "Tin foil" beanie. 

We have the lowly Bills (and can I assume other non-Big league teams?), who don't get the benefit of the doubt, on one hand, and "big league" teams on the other, who "the refs don't dare call garbage or miss blatant calls on".

Sounds like a conspiracy to me, when one group is treated differently than the other group with consistency and intent.

Don't think its whining for the Bills to call out the refs for not doing their job publicly. It makes sense because whatever the Bills are doing now (or not doing) isnt changing anything in the league office.

Fans of all teams have been bitching about the officiating screwing their team over for decades. How has that worked out?

The whining part comes into play when fans seem to think the crappy officiating only happens to their team and/or a limited number of teams.

I try to give the refs credit when they get a tough call right because every fan base thinks they're out to get their team, but yesterday's refs were atrocious.  Most of the penalties against us were legitimate and our fault, but there were about four bogus calls/non calls that all broke the Texans way. 

Nathan Peterman thinking our WR was wearing red like the snow game last year cost us the game, but the refs didn't help.

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Id have to see it again but thoroughly enjoy “I don’t know what penalty but definitely deserved a flag” as a take

I have seen it called both ways, defenseless receiver and PI, the fact it was ignored was quite ugly. They crushed Zay waaaaay before the ball got there