Bills vs. Texans Postgame - Great Defensive Effort Goes to Waste

So Allen and the offense could only manage 2 FGs through 3 quarters. Peterman comes in and leads them to their only TD. Lazy Benjamin stands still instead of breaking back to the pass, and it’s all Peterman’s fault they lost. Sorry, I don’t put it all on Peterman.

4 minutes ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

Hey, Bills are on the way for a better draft pick, right?

Lots of more blame to go around than just on Peterman. Special teams errors lead to Houston's only offensive points before that late FG.

Are you kidding.   Yes, mistakes were made, but this game should have gone into overtime.  Peterman single handedly gave this game away. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

Just now, PastaJoe said:

So Allen and the offense could only manage 2 FGs through 3 quarters. Peterman comes in and leads them to their only TD. Lazy Benjamin stands still instead of breaking back to the pass, and it’s all Peterman’s fault they lost. Sorry, I don’t put it all on Peterman.

Leads them? He got given great field position twice in a row.

I'm fine with this...better draft position, get rid of Peterman, get Josh healthy and some receiver, maybe get a FO and coaching staff that knows what they're doing. Because this one is a clown show. 

Edited by Domdab99

Its amazing how great this defense is, they are Mcdermotts baby, equally amazing how inept the offense is considering how detail oriented Mcdermott is. Illegal formation penalties killed them today as it  has all season. Why is McCoy on the bench as much as he is for Ivory. Stupid and I repeat STUPID personnel decisions hurt this team more than anything else. Cutting Kerley for a DT earlier this yr bit them in the butt today. If this was a cartoon it would be funny, however people actually pay for this with money and time so its kinda disgusting. This process thing is a joke..

4 minutes ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

Hey, Bills are on the way for a better draft pick, right?

Lots of more blame to go around than just on Peterman. Special teams errors lead to Houston's only offensive points before that late FG.

None more directly than Peterman though. This was a winnable game even with the errors, but putting in Peterman was too much for the Bills to overcome. 

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I for one will, Peterman sucks, stinks, and should be cut asap. A waste of a roster space. 

• Like (+1) 1

This Bills loss isn’t on Nate Peterman, who will once again be skewered unmercifully. It’s on Coach Sean McDermott & GM Brandon Beane.

I don't know who Leo Roth is, but I could not disagree more.  If Peterman for a second thinks that the optics prior to making that sideline throw looked favorable, he's insane.  That wasn't a contested throw Joseph took away.  He just stood and waited for the ball that had zero chance of making it to Benjamin.  I actually wondered if McD was going to go super conservative to run our the clock and take his chances playing normal tempo offense in overtime instead of forcing the issue racing the clock.  Given his options, it would have infuriated some, but possibly may have been the better choice especially in hindsight.

• Like (+1) 1