Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is exactly what I would do if I was in charge.

-Shut Allen down for the rest of the year. Not IR but keep him inactive. Let him heal and learn in practices but keep him inactive on game days 

-Cut Peterman. 5 weeks to late but still cut him

-Sign Landry Jones to be the backup and get him up to speed as quick as possible. They have had him in for a visit or possibly two. Make it happen and get him ready Incase Anderson goes down. Possibly as the long term backup 

-start Anderson for the rest of the year

Starting Logan Thomas at QB might be preferable to Peterman at this point.

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

I'll agree to disagree here - it's not just knowing the playbook, though I'd say that's the majority of the reason for me. I also think we're giving Anderson too much credit...

And how exactly did Thad do coming off that week? With a different team and coaching staff around him? I've seen QBs play off of seven day preps on a completely new team as well, can't remember how many of those actually went well...

I was wrong about thad Lewis only having 7 days, he had a month, but was only a 3rd year pro bouncing around on practice squads. In the game he played here he went 19/32 for 216 yards with 2 passing touchdowns and 0 interceptions and added 7 carries for 17 yards and 1 rushing touchdown

the bills lost that game 27-24 to the bengals in ot. Those are solid stats from a 3rd year pro who was starting for a team that had traded for him a month earlier.

Derek Anderson is a 13 year vet, been to the pro bowl. He can get ready in what amounts to 10 to 14 days.

Not expecting to be blown away or impressed with his play, but I do expect to see actual qb play something we havent seen from peterman minus 1 pass.

11 minutes ago, GG said:

You do realize that the "mixed reports" are from the same guy?  

The first was his initial take and the second was after seeing the sideline tape

Sorry got distracted 

the other report was FAKE NEWS.  

The site corrected their story to match the above post  

the fake story said he’d be out all season 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Name a bigger circus than what the Bills already are if we sign Mr. Pigsocks.

If he were to go out and throw for 300 yards in his first couple of games no one would care.     The circus would be over.  

Kaepernick was brave enough to tell you how he feels about things.    If every NFL player did fans would hate half the league.

All that said, there's zero chance the Bills do that.

8 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Name a better QB that's currently available.

I'd take Matt Moore or Ryan Mallet over Kapernick.  Why?  Because Kapernick is a distraction - why can't people see this?  If he was good, maybe I'd consider it, but he's not so not worth it.  

6 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Name a better QB that's currently available.

It’s a tough spot. I mean the guy is currently suing the league. I don’t really know how an owner steps out of line and offers him something with a pending lawsuit. It’s just not going to happen so it’s kind of not even worth talking about at this point. The guy did kind of choose to make it about something bigger..And while that was his right, he also needs to realize that it is the owners rights to not be interested in the circus that surrounds him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s a tough spot. I mean the guy is currently suing the league. I don’t really know how an owner steps out of line and offers him something with a pending lawsuit. It’s just not going to happen so it’s kind of not even worth talking about at this point. The guy did kind of choose to make it about something bigger..And while that was his right, he also needs to realize that it is the owners rights to not be interested in the circus that surrounds him. 

Wrong.  Reid is suing the league too and Carolina signed him.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'd take Matt Moore or Ryan Mallet over Kapernick.  Why?  Because Kapernick is a distraction - why can't people see this?  If he was good, maybe I'd consider it, but he's not so not worth it.  

A distraction from WHAT??? grinding ouy 11 points a game? Please, please someone distract me from that 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With all due respect to David Chao, I would personally defer to doctors who have actually examined Allen and seen results of his tests.

He has a fine hobby of examining video of plays and of sideline examinations, but I really think he's taking it a bit too far.

That could be... I think he’s usually pretty spot on, but he’s basing it almost entirely on the sideline “milking test” where Allen experienced so much pain. 

Still surprised he didn’t go to locker room 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With all due respect to David Chao, I would personally defer to doctors who have actually examined Allen and seen results of his tests.

He has a fine hobby of examining video of plays and of sideline examinations, but I really think he's taking it a bit too far.

^^^^This

The only source I saw in that article was him watching the video. The length of injury he's referencing just isn't anywhere close to what McDermott said, he didn't even eliminate him from starting Sunday.