Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He can shove that 15 dollar minimum wage up his ass 

I'm torn on this one.  I like what Bernie says that if you work 40 hours in America you should be able to afford a place to live and food.

However the way it works is if you pay the lowest people more, you gotta pay everyone more AND it probably means less people hired cuz they cost too much.

There was an article in the Seattle Times the other day about robot pizza makers.  They mentioned the rising cost of labor as one of the reasons for it.  A couple of times.

And why not? After all, robot bartenders, including for the home, are all the rage (although the top-of-the-line model will set you back the price of a luxury car). Moreover, with labor costs rising and margins falling, no one doubts that the future of the food service industry is automation, both behind the counter and in the kitchen.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/we-made-pizza-we-made-robots-why-not-robot-pizza/

This all great for THE MAN and once again the little guy takes it in the shorts.  Sad.

Another option would be we just pay 25 cents more for a pizza or an extra 5 cents for a Big Mac and keep people employed.  Doesn't seem so bad.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Pete is very Liberal - he has taken a page from Obama to talk quietly and not push all the more radicalideas.

He may be a good guy but I do not understand how a small town mayor of an under performing city is ready to be president. 

If he gets the nod, expect the gay card to come out. Every critique, including and especially those that are policy based, will be met by the media with "Trump's KKK brand is now anti-LBQT!"

The race card got Obama elected. Twice. The gay card can get Pete elected. 

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Another option would be we just pay 25 cents more for a pizza or an extra 5 cents for a Big Mac and keep people employed.  Doesn't seem so bad.

Doesn't seem so bad...until it does.

$15/hour sounds fair...until it doesn't. Suddenly it must be $18/hour. Or $20/hour. And it all sounds fair. Until it doesn't.

You get paid what you're worth. Not happy with your pay? Why is that the business-owner's fault if you're getting the market rate for your services?

Don't like McDonalds? Do you have any idea how easy it is in this country to learn a trade? Half the community colleges in this country will do it for free, funded by companies who need trade laborers. Plumbers. Welders. Electricians. Carpenters.

But that's not a message that works for liberals because it requires independent thought and self-accountability, and if you read enough posts here by Q-tip and Tibs, you know the average leftist is incapable of either of those things. It's not a question of what they can do to better themselves. It's a question of what can the government do to make it easier for their lazy asses to make more money in the laziest way possible.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

He can shove that 15 dollar minimum wage up his ass 

I'm sure that it's not a stretch to assume that it wouldn't be the only thing that has been up there. That's what is called low hanging fruit. Not you, him. 

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If he gets the nod, expect the gay card to come out. Every critique, including and especially those that are policy based, will be met by the media with "Trump's KKK brand is now anti-LBQT!"

….ok then, how do we address the "First Lady"?...….seems to be a possible conundrum...……..

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm torn on this one.  I like what Bernie says that if you work 40 hours in America you should be able to afford a place to live and food.

And you can.  You just might not be able to afford to live in about 2% of the country, which doesn't seem like much of a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Don't be so sure that the openly gay card is going to play as well as many think with the democrat base. Blacks, for example, tend to not be fans of the gays. Not sure that Hispanics are either.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Don't be so sure that the openly gay card is going to play as well as many think with the democrat base. Blacks, for example, tend to not be fans of the gays. Not sure that Hispanics are either.

This country isn't ready for an openly gay person as president. 

:wallbash:

The real tragedy of 9/11 was the carbon emissions after all

I know their motto is, "don't let a disaster go to waste", but.....................These people are insane.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 4