Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...lemme see if I get this...so the grandiose promises of MORE handouts to the "parasitic.....gimme more......for doin' nothin' because I deserve it" gang is the way to this nation's prosperity?...seriously?.....I don't mind helping THOSE THAT ASPIRE TO HELP THEMSELVES, but income redistribution to feel the trolls?.....44 years I've worked my 'effin azz off to become reasonable successful, AND STILL WORKING, so I should be penalized for MY drive and initiative to do better?.....'eff you Bern........

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...lemme see if I get this...so the grandiose promises of MORE handouts to the "parasitic.....gimme more......for doin' nothin' because I deserve it" gang is the way to this nation's prosperity?...seriously?.....I don't mind helping THOSE THAT ASPIRE TO HELP THEMSELVES, but income redistribution to feel the trolls?.....44 years I've worked my 'effin azz off to become reasonable successful, AND STILL WORKING, so I should be penalized for MY drive and initiative to do better?.....'eff you Bern........

Some would argue your reasonable success is just white privilege.

Some would argue you're making this up, because while it sounds like you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, we all know that is physically impossible to do.

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Some would argue your reasonable success is just white privilege.

Some would argue you're making this up, because while it sounds like you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, we all know that is physically impossible to do.

...A fact and I KID YOU NOT......had a headhunter call me several years ago from Georgia......and I'm of Italian descent.......said to me, "sounds like you're one of them there EYE-Talians".......damn right and I hung up......point being that discrimination is not solely based on skin color despite that being the most prevalent...

Sincerely,

A TBD Eye-Talian

oh good Lord Lizzie.....are we near the precipice of "enough is enough"?.......you're KO'ed........

Warren remains optimistic despite financial woes: ‘I’ve been winning unwinnable fights my whole life’

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., whose campaign may be in jeopardy due to financial woes, remained confident in her ability to overcome the odds, not just in the Democratic primary race, but the general election in November.

If Warren is able to emerge victorious from the large Democratic field, she would have her work cut out for her in unseating an incumbent president. She believes she is up to the task.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-remains-optimistic-despite-financial-woes-ive-been-winning-unwinnable-fights-my-whole-life

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

oh good Lord Lizzie.....are we near the precipice of "enough is enough"?.......you're KO'ed........

Warren remains optimistic despite financial woes: ‘I’ve been winning unwinnable fights my whole life

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-remains-optimistic-despite-financial-woes-ive-been-winning-unwinnable-fights-my-whole-life

Correction:

Warren remains optimistic despite financial woes: ‘I’ve been claiming victimhood my whole life"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...A fact and I KID YOU NOT......had a headhunter call me several years ago from Georgia......and I'm of Italian descent.......said to me, "sounds like you're one of them there EYE-Talians".......damn right and I hung up......point being that discrimination is not solely based on skin color despite that being the most prevalent...

Sincerely,

A TBD Eye-Talian

LOL.

Maybe you should have hung in there on the call.  Maybe they were looking for a CEO for an olive oil company and you were the perfect fit!

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Warren remains optimistic despite financial woes: ‘I’ve been winning unwinnable fights my whole life’

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., whose campaign may be in jeopardy due to financial woes, remained confident in her ability to overcome the odds, not just in the Democratic primary race, but the general election in November.

If Warren is able to emerge victorious from the large Democratic field, she would have her work cut out for her in unseating an incumbent president. She believes she is up to the task.

She first gave her supporters hope and then took it back. Dare I say she's an Indian Giver? 

Maybe this will make it rain new votes:

10 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

LOL.

Maybe you should have hung in there on the call.  Maybe they were looking for a CEO for an olive oil company and you were the perfect fit!

Be careful, you might roll over and find out you're sleeping with the fishes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

LOL.

Sounds like a good family business.  Just be careful if they start talking about downsizing

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

On the other end of the spectrum, Mayor Bloomberg is paying very hard to play H. Ross Perot to President Trump's G. H. W. Bush.

Trouble for him is, this POTUS is no GHW sissy boy. 

I don't see the radical left getting behind the billionaire Mayor, and they're the most energized group in the Democrat party.

I think a lot of more centrist Dems will be turned off by his buying the nomination and might not support him at the polls.

If one of the radicals gets the nod, does he end up running as an Independent? That would ensure a second Trump victory.

The Dems are marching as a mob toward a brokered convention. It's like it's 1968 all over again. 

Bloomberg is no Ross Perot. Not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ya gotta hand it to Democrats. I know of no one else who can yell at people for being condescending misogynist dirtbags, right before they, themselves, become a condescending misogynist dirtbag.

Imagine if a Republican called a woman "a lying dog-faced pony solder."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1