Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Good God Joe.........

How long do you think that you would last after the inauguration will Hillary as VP ?

My guess is ..........days.

My sincerest condolences to the Biden family for his forthcoming sudden, and public, death by natural cause double-tap at 12:05 pm, January 20, 2021.

President Biden, we hardly knew ye.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Warren always ends up sounding like a former teacher and present school board member pitching an increase in the budget for something like "English as a Second Language".  She talks about building a campaign where everyone brings their "whole self" to work.  Mamby pamby touchy feely crap that means literally nothing.  

My whole family loves her for it (mostly schoolteachers). Well, except me.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The State of the Race: Handicapping the Surviving Dems. 

“Something’s got to change because whatever Biden has been doing it isn’t working. Team Biden was so rattled by his weak showing in Iowa (and sinking poll numbers in New Hampshire), that he abandoned New Hampshire and spent Thursday ‘gathered with his top advisers at his home in Wilmington, Del., seeking a reset and perhaps a last-ditch effort to save his candidacy.’

I’ve said all along that if Biden’s South Carolina firewall holds, then he’s probably the 50% favorite to win the nomination. The thinking in the Biden Campaign seems to have been, ‘Where else are black voters in South Carolina going to go? Cranky old Bernie? The gay guy?’ Well, no — but black voters might not go to the polls at all on February 29 if Joe doesn’t provide some inspiration. The next three days could prove his last chance to do so.”

So Biden's strategy is for black voters to do what they're supposed to do?

How very Progressive

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not for another 10 years minimum as the country becomes more secular.  Only one state has an openly male gay governor and he was just elected in Colorado.  If I made the political betting lines on who'd be president first.  A woman or a gay male.  I'd put woman at -400 and openly gay male at +250.

What are the odds of an openly gay female?

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

What are the odds of an openly gay female?

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry better than an openly gay male.  I'll give you +169.

Especially if the lesbian candidate is attractive.  Male voters be like

tenor.gif?itemid=4590367

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just had a weird thought, could Obama run on a ticket as VP?  Run as Biden’s VP then after a couple months have Biden resign and become president?  I doubt it, but it might be the only way the Dems have a prayer in November. 

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the "Three Amigos" or the "Killer B's"??.............hell, even Joe isn't sure..........

Image result for bernie, joe and pete at new hampshire primaries

In some ways, Mayor Pete has to be wondering how the heck it's even a horse race with two angry old baldies.  One has had more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers, can't remember where he is most days, speaks like he's right out of a Bogart movie,  and has performed more uncomfortable mammograms than the Cleveland Clinic.  The other has what might be considered an advanced case of osteoporosis if he weren't 20 years beyond what any reasonable medical professional would ever consider 'advanced' anything, combs his hair with a pillow and is 3 months removed from a major heart attack. 

With luck, he sees what perpetual raging against the machine and age do to a liberal, goes home, and quits the race tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In some ways, Mayor Pete has to be wondering how the heck it's even a horse race with two angry old baldies.  One has had more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers, can't remember where he is most days, speaks like he's right out of a Bogart movie,  and has performed more uncomfortable mammograms than the Cleveland Clinic.  The other has what might be considered an advanced case of osteoporosis if he weren't 20 years beyond what any reasonable medical professional would ever consider 'advanced' anything, combs his hair with a pillow and is 3 months removed from a major heart attack. 

With luck, he sees what perpetual raging against the machine and age do to a liberal, goes home, and quits the race tomorrow. 

.....despite his lack of experience, I'd bet Pete stays in hoping the two curmudgeons cannibalize themselves....those two even being considered reminds me of the GOP and, "well it's Bob Dole's turn as our candidate"....or even McCain........

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Horseshit! Bernie doesn't comb his hair with a ***** pillow. I have him on tape and he admits to combing it with a comb. 

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1

At this point Bernie seems like he should win the nomination. 

Warren is fading and he should pick up all of her followers once she drops out. At that point he'd have around 45% support among democrats and that would be nearly impossible to defeat. 

The Trump vs Bernie election would be great. Both cater to populist movements and will cater to the same type of swing voters. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Horseshit! Bernie doesn't comb his hair with a ***** pillow. I have him on tape and he admits to combing it with a comb. 

See the source image

....I'm concerned as with Quid Pro Joe......are these two curmudgeons okay to be left alone?........Perez is doing a fine job offering up these two as the DNC's "ideal" choices... shades of the GOP with Bob Dole or John McCain......sad thing is there are probably many fine potential candidates out there on BOTH SIDES, but why even consider entering the fray knowing you have to go through the "gauntlet of mud" first?.....I was gong to run years ago for Town Board in my town (was a registered Republican then; Independent now)....GOP friends on The Board told me not to because, "you're too outspoken to tow the Party line"....DAMN RIGHT..............

34 minutes ago, dubs said:

Just had a weird thought, could Obama run on a ticket as VP?  Run as Biden’s VP then after a couple months have Biden resign and become president?  I doubt it, but it might be the only way the Dems have a prayer in November. 

It is unclear if he is eligible to run for VP. He certainly would not be able to take over as president if Biden was killed in a tragic double-tap suicide following a botched home invasion robbery where nothing was taken, all occurring conveniently when the cameras malfunctioned.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It is unclear if he is eligible to run for VP. He certainly would not be able to take over as president if Biden was killed in a tragic double-tap suicide following a botched home invasion robbery where nothing was taken, all occurring conveniently when the cameras malfunctioned.

...hasn't Oh-Blah Blah already despised Quid Pro Joe?................and the MSM approached Hillary regarding a VP role......she'd NEVER LOWER herself to such a role....besides, Arkancide's "removal" of Joe may be too obvious......

41 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

At this point Bernie seems like he should win the nomination. 

Warren is fading and he should pick up all of her followers once she drops out. At that point he'd have around 45% support among democrats and that would be nearly impossible to defeat. 

The Trump vs Bernie election would be great. Both cater to populist movements and will cater to the same type of swing voters. 

It would be interesting to see the reaction of dems to a candidate who actually has ties to Russia and espouses the ideals of the communist party.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It would be interesting to see the reaction of dems to a candidate who actually has ties to Russia and espouses the ideals of the communist party.  

..."folks, Putin is on line 1....who wants to go first?"..................

• Like (+1) 1