Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

CNN / Des Moines Register cancels release of final poll

Yeah the concerns of a single respondent :rolleyes:

Or results the media sponsors didn't like?

This is what's being reported.  Bernie supporters I'm sure have their doubts.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/481057-critical-iowa-poll-scrapped-over-apparent-coding-error

A source with knowledge of the decision said a computer monitor in the call center used to conduct the poll was set to show font at a larger-than-normal text. That setting cut off the name of the last candidate listed in the randomized order testing potential Democratic candidates. In the case of at least one voter, the Buttigieg supporter, the randomized order placed Buttigieg last — and so Buttigieg’s name was not mentioned.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This is what's being reported.  Bernie supporters I'm sure have their doubts.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/481057-critical-iowa-poll-scrapped-over-apparent-coding-error

A source with knowledge of the decision said a computer monitor in the call center used to conduct the poll was set to show font at a larger-than-normal text. That setting cut off the name of the last candidate listed in the randomized order testing potential Democratic candidates. In the case of at least one voter, the Buttigieg supporter, the randomized order placed Buttigieg last — and so Buttigieg’s name was not mentioned.

Yeah fonts :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You didn't vote for Hillary who was at least going to try and get a public option through that would've at least nudged us closer to medicare for all?  Instead we have a president that's done everything in their power to chip away at the ACA.  More Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in '08 so at least you weren't in the majority. 

You do realize that people on the right want a fractured Democratic party because it increases their chances of winning the election.  It happened to the RNC with Trump in '16 but they eventually rallied behind him.  The DNC will do the same with Bernie.  The whole "take down the system" approach is appealing but a pipe dream.  Meanwhile, in the real world there are still millions of Americans who aren't covered and about 66% of bankruptcies declared are due to medical issues.

No I didnt vote for Hillary because the dnc rigged the primary for her.  She didn't deserve my vote after that.  She won ny so my vote didnt matter in the end anyway.  I agree with you that healthcare is a huge problem in this country.  I didn't and still don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.  I dont believe she would have done anything to fix healthcare.

I also agree that a fractured dnc is bad and benefits the rnc.  Perhaps the dnc should stop trying to force a candidate on us and actually let us decide.  Perhaps they should stop embarrassing themselves. 

I refuse to be told who to vote for simply to follow political party lines.  I have beliefs on both sides of the aisle and therefore vote for which candidate I think will align with my interests the best.  16 was schaudenfreude and it appears the dnc didnt learn their lesson.  They are as much to blame for trump as anyone imo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I do know the USPS must deliver mail and packages to everyone in the US including those in rural areas.  FedEx, UPS, etc. aren't required to.

the USPS is a walking dinosaur, it just doesn't know it yet.

the need for a government run daily mail six days a week system is obsolete. it could very easily be cut back to a two day a week delivery system at this point and still function on a level that would satisfy the nation. it is a sad state that a state run program has to resort to spam to prop it up (for without it, it wouldn't be able to survive). it should be illegal for the state to force unwanted spam upon it's populace.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4

To whom it may concern:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/u-s-postal-system-established

On this day in 1775, the U.S. postal system is established by the Second Continental Congress, with Benjamin Franklin as its first postmaster general. Franklin (1706-1790) put in place the foundation for many aspects of today’s mail system.

During early colonial times in the 1600s, few American colonists needed to send mail to each other; it was more likely that their correspondence was with letter writers in Britain. Mail deliveries from across the Atlantic were sporadic and could take many months to arrive. There were no post offices in the colonies, so mail was typically left at inns and taverns. 

In 1753, Benjamin Franklin, who had been postmaster of Philadelphia, became one of two joint postmasters general for the colonies. He made numerous improvements to the mail system, including setting up new, more efficient colonial routes and cutting delivery time in half between Philadelphia and New York by having the weekly mail wagon travel both day and night via relay teams. Franklin also debuted the first rate chart, which standardized delivery costs based on distance and weight. 

In 1774, the British fired Franklin from his postmaster job because of his revolutionary activities. However, the following year, he was appointed postmaster general of the United Colonies by the Continental Congress. Franklin held the job until late in 1776, when he was sent to France as a diplomat. He left a vastly improved mail system, with routes from Florida to Maine and regular service between the colonies and Britain. President George Washington appointed Samuel Osgood, a former Massachusetts congressman, as the first postmaster general of the American nation under the new U.S. constitution in 1789. At the time, there were approximately 75 post offices in the country.

Today, the United States has over 40,000 post offices and the postal service delivers 212 billion pieces of mail each year to over 144 million homes and businesses in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the American Virgin Islands and American Samoa. The postal service is the nation’s largest civilian employer, with over 700,000 career workers, who handle more than 44 percent of the world’s cards and letters. The postal service is a not-for-profit, self-supporting agency that covers its expenses through postage (stamp use in the United States started in 1847) and related products. The postal service gets the mail delivered, rain or shine, using everything from planes to mules. However, it’s not cheap: The U.S. Postal Service says that when fuel costs go up by just one penny, its own costs rise by $8 million.

a thought occurred to me this morning reading the interwebs...

Hillary out campaigning to bring Bernie down because she knows he is the only real threat to Biden. it is reported that Biden is rumored to want a female running mate. Hillary is maneuvering to be that running mate. whereby, she will then invoke the 25th amendment and ascend to her ultimate want.

far fetched? 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hillary out campaigning to bring Bernie down because she knows he is the only real threat to Biden. it is reported that Biden is rumored to want a female running mate. Hillry is maneuvering to be that running mate. whereby, she will then invoke the 25th amendment and ascend to her ultimate want.

far fetched? 

...don't you think Arkancide would be much cleaner?............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hillary out campaigning to bring Bernie down because she knows he is the only real threat to Biden. it is reported that Biden is rumored to want a female running mate. Hillry is maneuvering to be that running mate. whereby, she will then invoke the 25th amendment and ascend to her ultimate want.

far fetched? 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/480523-is-hillary-clinton-angling-to-become-vice-president

But I doubt HRC would invoke the 25th Amendment when there's always Arkancide

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/480523-is-hillary-clinton-angling-to-become-vice-president

But I doubt HRC would invoke the 25th Amendment when there's always Arkancide

...think they need a circular firing squad..........

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hillary out campaigning to bring Bernie down because she knows he is the only real threat to Biden. it is reported that Biden is rumored to want a female running mate. Hillary is maneuvering to be that running mate. whereby, she will then invoke the 25th amendment and ascend to her ultimate want.

far fetched? 

...hell why not Don Lemon then?..............

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

the USPS is a walking dinosaur, it just doesn't know it yet.

the need for a government run daily mail six days a week system is obsolete. it could very easily be cut back to a two day a week delivery system at this point and still function on a level that would satisfy the nation. it is a sad state that a state run program has to resort to spam to prop it up (for without it, it wouldn't be able to survive). it should be illegal for the state to force unwanted spam upon it's populace.

I have stated this for a decade- they could have dedicated business addresses for daily deliveries but I will be fine with mail every few days

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Foxx said:

far fetched? 

They could be each other's assassination insurance. Joe even has 8 years of experience in that role---he comes highly qualified.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have stated this for a decade- they could have dedicated business addresses for daily deliveries but I will be fine with mail every few days

Might be a good idea as I have a business.  What quite a few may not realize is the USPS can act as a marker to demonstrate certain correspondence gets done.  I will have the need in the next few weeks to send a certified letter sent to a given individual to prove that a correspondence is performed.  Further, I find it reassuring that I do get some materials via print as some materials get stored in a safe deposit box to protect my interests.  Being that these materials bear the authentic letter head of the sender gives authenticity and legitimacy to them.  

Politico reports there’s also a move afoot to quickly change the convention rules to give the super delegates the first vote, instead of making them wait in the event of a needed second ballot -- a move clearly designed, as was this in 2016  under the old rules, to block Sanders. 

Looks to me like a lose-lose. If they fiddle with the game to block Sanders again, they’ll lose the votes of his supporters. If they don’t, and he gets the nomination, Trump will handily defeat him.

#RIGGED:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-31-at-22.47.15.png

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1