Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Nanker said:

One wonders how this nation and indeed the entire western world was able to advance to the greatness that it is when our ancestors had to get their learning from a single teacher in one-room school houses made of non-insulated wooden walls with a pot bellied Franklin stove to keep the students warm in the winter. 

***** that entitlement attitude that you can’t learn unless you’re in a Beaux Art palace like the NY Public library. 

I went to school in a building that was built by the WPA.  It had radiators for heat and no stalls in the bathrooms. And, we swam in the nude in gym class. (Simmer down Boyst and BLarge) 

Suck my nuts if you need a multimillion dollar palace to learn how to succeed in life in America. 

Motivation is the critical component to success. 

Send your kids to the kind of schools I'm talking about and we'll see how well they do.

4 minutes ago, westside said:

Kids today act like wild animals. Especially the inner city schools were the parents are not a good role model for the kids.  

I proposed modest investments in the infrastructure of urban schools that make prisons look like the Ritz.

He stated that it matters not the condition of the school. 

If that's the case, he should be out there fighting tooth and nail against improvements to the schools his children attend. Waste of money.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I proposed modest investments in the infrastructure of urban schools that make prisons look like the Ritz.

If that's the case, he should be out there fighting tooth and nail against improvements to the schools his children attend. Waste of money.

Throwing money at the schools doesn't work. The problem is how do you get kid's to want to learn? I've always thought that the kids who are the trouble makers, should be taken out of the school system and put into the military, were they can learn discipline and get there GED.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Send your kids to the kind of schools I'm talking about and we'll see how well they do.

It's the cultures of the people attending the schools, not the schools themselves, which amounts for the majority of the descrepancy.

The infrasrtucture is not the reason I'd never send my kids to one of those school.  The people who attend them, and the lack of values their families impart on them are.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Blow me. 

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's the cultures of the people attending the schools, not the schools themselves, which amounts for the majority of the descrepancy.

The infrasrtucture is not the reason I'd never send my kids to one of those school.  The people who attend them, and the lack of values their families impart on them are.

Fair.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Blow me. 

I don't swing that way bro. Try Craigslist. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

PeaceOut/Gary/BenFranklin is back with another screen name :lol: 

Reminder: Peace Out was created because he was leaving the board. Months and months ago. 

Liars just can't help lying.

He gets extra points for labeling libertarians, traditional conservatives, and classical liberals as "alt-right".

Case in point as to why the NPC meme has been so effective.

• Like (+1) 1