Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I don't see Anderson providing anymore than McCarron could have. 

Well we don’t have the luxury of watching Anderson choke away any chance of starting during the preseason so we’ll never get the chance to do a true side by side comparison. 

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but isn’t this kind of advice what the coaches are for? Players are supposed to play. Can Anderson play?

I don't believe either Daboll or David Culley have ever played QB in the NFL so I think there is a lot a guy that has seen things from that same perspective behind the line can teach a young QB.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But he isn't. So why is that weird?

I think it's just odd it took them so long to issue a retraction.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Would depend if Matt Moore even wanted to come. Also I like that McDermott and Bean knew him in Carolina when he was filling the same role. Also if Matt Moore is a better player(not exactly the most important quality here) it's not by much. What I really like about this choice is he's been brought in to do the same thing before and seems to enjoy filling that role.

The scuttlebutt is Moore is done with football due to his arm being shot.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I played it backwards and heard "Paul's not dead."  Weird.

Play it back 78 rpm. Paul's not dead is at 33 1/3 speed backwards. haven't tried 45 rpm yet. 

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't believe either Daboll or David Culley have ever played QB in the NFL so I think there is a lot a guy that has seen things from that same perspective behind the line can teach a young QB.

I think it's just odd it took them so long to issue a retraction.

I feel DA was brought in to Mentor. I wont quote anyone , but he has been respected in that role for years.
Perfect fit for Allen and the Bills right now. I vote  up on this move. wish they had grabbed him sooner.  As dumping AJM  seemed a head scratcher to me. maybe he was an idiot and too fat ? But to go with no Veteran in the room to help Allen ? that made little sense to me

I think the record company pushed them to make a statement. They were losing sales ..

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The poster even replied with each word in his post as an individual sentence....it was quite compelling.

You. Gave. One. Good. Example. Mettenberg. And in that situation they had a young offensive minded HC who was in charge of grooming Mariota. I said it's virtually done everywhere. Which it is. There are dozens and dozens of examples of it over dozens of years. It's done and known by "virtually" everyone. Which it was brought up as an aberration and a ridiculously stupid one when the Bills didn't do it and started the season with only Nate. I would imagine you piped in with how crazy it was. 

15 minutes ago, vincec said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but isn’t this kind of advice what the coaches are for? Players are supposed to play. Can Anderson play?

There are things that go in to being a professional QB, such as how to break down film, game prep, how to handle travel for away games etc. that is easier to learn but seeing it in action than hearing it from coaches. Peterman is still learning how to be a pro himself, so he is not really able to lead by example. I am good with this move and hope it works. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Play it back 78 rpm. Paul's not dead is at 33 1/3 speed backwards. haven't tried 45 rpm yet. 

I feel DA was brought in to Mentor. I wont quote anyone , but he has been respected in that role for years.
Perfect fit for Allen and the Bills right now. I vote  up on this move. wish they had grabbed him sooner.  As dumping AJM  seemed a head scratcher to me. maybe he was an idiot and too fat ? But to go with no Veteran in the room to help Allen ? that made little sense to me

I think the record company pushed them to make a statement. They were losing sales ..

Just a guess but maybe he didn't want to come earlier when it looked like they were going to sit Allen behind a Vet. I mean everyone on here was predicting a pretty substantial beating for whoever got put out there first.

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Would depend if Matt Moore even wanted to come. Also I like that McDermott and Bean knew him in Carolina when he was filling the same role. Also if Matt Moore is a better player(not exactly the most important quality here) it's not by much. What I really like about this choice is he's been brought in to do the same thing before and seems to enjoy filling that role.

How many players on this team have McDermott and Beane not known from their time in Carolina?

We’ve got our sit on the bench with Josh guy. This is perfect.

McBeane Process is sneaky sneaky.

Take shot on maybe good QB

Get a 5th for him

Get a mentor of a decade+ experience who has already helped mentor Josh’s fraternal twin.

....and a 5th

GO BILLS

• Haha (+1) 1