10 Picks 2019 draft and 3rd highest available cap space.

Ramza86

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

I think they will probably go the route of 5 players again. 

Idk if there are any huge FAs out there...but I think thats where this team will need to hit. 

15 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Lets take it easy boys.

Just a reminder that this is a good start for a rebuild. 

I think what ppl miss is we actually are not at the start of the rebiuld....we are actually in year 2 of it.

Year one was last year when we jettisoned contracts and players that didnt fit McD's vision.....this year was about getting the qb and eating a poo poo sandwich of dead cap......next year is the money year.

It is masked because McD is such a good coach that we made the playoffs in year 1 of the rebiuld.....now we are 2-3 in the poo poo dead cap sandwich year (which is actually hurting our draft pick status)

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This team has holes all over the place, especially offense. But,...... I think I'd rather have 5 or 6 "difference makers" than 10 "good" players.  That being said I do believe the cap space money will be used on those so called "difference makers" like a solid O lineman or 2 along with a stud WR.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

This team has holes all over the place, especially offense. But,...... I think I'd rather have 5 or 6 "difference makers" than 10 "good" players.  That being said I do believe the cap space money will be used on those so called "difference makers" like a solid O lineman or 2 along with a stud WR.

Of course a team would prefer 5 or 6 difference makers, however spending multiple picks on players is mostly a fools errand. It’s how you end up with “ difference maker” Zay Jones instead of JuJu Smith Schuster or Golliday. The draft is a crap shoot, so outside of QB let it fall to you and draft more players. Tre’Davious White is pretty darn good and was picked in the ‘20s of round one. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

How many of those 10 picks are within the first three rounds? 

Exactly 3, and that makes the whole thing a lot less sexy. When you’ve torn a roster down to expansion team level, you need all the players you can get. They literally need to draft 10 players and hope for a great haul. It’s the only way they get past year 3 without being shown the door. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly 3, and that makes the whole thing a lot less sexy. When you’ve torn a roster down to expansion team level, you need all the players you can get. They literally need to draft 10 players and hope for a great haul. It’s the only way they get past year 3 without being shown the door. 

I mean...we are happy with Edmunds and Phillips right?

Im not trying to be super positive...but im also not that negative. I semi trust the organization to make decent moves. 

Slot WR - Zay Jones

Draft a #1 WR in Rd 1

Sign a FA #2 WR

Sign the best FA TE Available

#2 TE - Jason Croom

Sign the best FA OL Available (Non-LT)

Draft OL in Rd 2

Draft a Pass Rusher in Rd 3

Draft LB/DB in Rd 4 (2 Rd 4 Picks)

Depth in Rounds 5-7 

Remaining FA $$$ for depth/extending players

*This assumes we bring back this defense minus KW along with our current stable of RB’s. 

Edited by SCBills

7 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Im not trying to be super positive...but im also not that negative. I semi trust the organization to make decent moves. 

Jordan Phillips looks like a very good pickup. A change of scenery can be good. He seems thrilled to be out of Miami, and he could be the sort of player who thrives in great fan settings like Orchard Park (Miami is the opposite of this).

There's something about the culture in Miami that's screwed up. Gase has chased a lot of good players away (and makes culture-based arguments when doing so), including a bona fide play-to-the-whistle gamer in Jarvis Landry (I know we're not supposed to like him, but he plays balls out and produces).  He cut their best player (Suh) and also traded away Ajayi for questioning the culture. 

Edited by dave mcbride

21 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I'm still wanting to see what happens with the rest of this season.

Still hoping 1 or 2 guys on the O step up and claim a starter spot.

Plenty of time before next off season.