Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

Not sure he is the answer as backup/mentor, but would like to see someone in that roll besides Peterman.  With the way Allen throws his body around, most likely scenario is a backup will play is season.  Either a few plays, or more.

Gotta say the longer it takes, the less of a chance we sign him.

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone who thinks Anderson isn't a massive upgrade on what we have behind Allen as both backup and mentor is nuts, absolutely nuts.

He may be better than Allen right now unquestionably better than Nate. 

He actually exactly who the Bills should be afraid of Josh becoming. 

I saw DA’s entire tenure in Cleveland when he was the QB there.  He’s tall, strong armed and inaccurate.  He can’t throw receivers open and he’s not great at reading defenses.  Also he isn’t very mobile. He’s precisely what I’m afraid of Josh Allen becoming (Josh’s superior mobility aside.)  One of my comments when we picked Allen was “I hope we didn’t just draft Derek Anderson.”  There’s almost no one I want on this team less than DA.  He’s still probably better than Peterman, but keep him away from Josh. 

Edited by BarleyNY

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

Interesting domino effect:

Signed to the 53-man roster: QB Derek Anderson

Released: S Dean Marlowe

Signed to the practice squad: TE Keith Towbridge

Released from the practice squad: CB Michael Hunter

They'll probably re-sign Marlowe to the PS.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They'll probably re-sign Marlowe to the PS.

I was thinking that would be Peterman's seat. But with less than a week till the next game they probably still need Nate on the 53.

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

I was thinking that would be Peterman's seat. But with less than a week till the next game they probably still need Nate on the 53.

Yeah. Same here. Three QBs on a roster that needs help elsewhere makes no sense to me with Peterman likely inactive on game days.