Pregame thread: Colts at Pats on Fox or Amazon Prime

Five things to watch for in Colts-Patriots on 'TNF'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000969773/article/five-things-to-watch-for-in-coltspatriots-on-tnf

After being spurned during the offseason by New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for the then-vacant head coach position in Indianapolis, Colts general manager Chris Ballard provided a comment to fuel future matchups.

"The rivalry is back on," Ballard said on Feb. 7 as he walked away from the podium.

The Colts eventually hired Frank Reich, but the first step of Ballard's declaration occurs in Week 5 of the 2018 regular season when the Colts (1-3) and Patriots (2-2) renew acquaintances on Thursday Night Football.

The rivalry between the two teams peaked during numerous Peyton Manning-Tom Brady showdowns. And the high-profile competition between the two teams drew further national attention on the heels of the 2014 AFC Conference Championship game, which produced the Deflategate scandal and later a four-game suspension for Brady in 2016.

While there are off-field matters to add fire to the matchup, the players still have a game to play, of course.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-5-nfl-injuries-gronkowski-questionable-after-practicing-colts-rule-seven-players-out/

Colts at Patriots (-10.5)

Colts: 

RB Marlon Mack (hamstring), WR T.Y. Hilton (chest, hamstring), TE Jack Doyle (hip), OT Denzelle Good (NIR), DT Hassan Ridgeway (calf), CB Quincy Wilson (concussion), CB Kenny Moore (concussion) OUT; OT Anthony Castonzo (hamstring), C Ryan Kelly (hand), LB Darius Leonard(ankle), CB Nate Hairston (ankle), S Clayton Geathers (knee), PK Adam Vinatieri (groin) QUESTIONABLE

Patriots*: 

WR Josh Gordon (hamstring), TE Rob Gronkowski (ankle), TE Jacob Hollister (chest), DE Geneo Grissom (ankle), DT Danny Shelton(elbow), DT Adam Butler (knee), LB Elandon Roberts (calf), CB Eric Rowe(groin) QUESTIONABLE

It never fails .... right out of the gate   ----   Josh Gordon

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Anyone know how Malik Hooker is doing this year?

I saw him on the injury list a few times, not sure how well he is playing though. Darius Leonard a kid that some of the TBD scouts loved was tearing it up but I think he is out for tonight with an injury. 

39 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Over under on Andrew Luck excuses by Collinsworth tonight has a Vegas Line of 4,678.5.  I'm going with the under because he will need time to sicken everyone by yammering about Brady.

You've played this game before

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Colts defense has been surprisingly good. Hooker’s return has been huge.

im watching tthe CBJ opener so won’t see a lot of the game but hope Brady sucks a big L

maybe that will help....    When I watch the Pats* from the beginning they usually win and seeing how I can't stand the asskissing I won't turn the game on until late.  

If the Cheats are down I'll watch, if not .... I'll watch the CAPS banner raising ceremony again.  ;)  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-5-nfl-injuries-gronkowski-questionable-after-practicing-colts-rule-seven-players-out/

Colts: 

RB Marlon Mack (hamstring), WR T.Y. Hilton (chest, hamstring), TE Jack Doyle (hip), OT Denzelle Good (NIR), DT Hassan Ridgeway (calf), CB Quincy Wilson (concussion), CB Kenny Moore (concussion) OUT; OT Anthony Castonzo (hamstring), C Ryan Kelly (hand), LB Darius Leonard(ankle), CB Nate Hairston (ankle), S Clayton Geathers (knee), PK Adam Vinatieri (groin) QUESTIONABLE

Patriots*: 

WR Josh Gordon (hamstring), TE Rob Gronkowski (ankle), TE Jacob Hollister (chest), DE Geneo Grissom (ankle), DT Danny Shelton(elbow), DT Adam Butler (knee), LB Elandon Roberts (calf), CB Eric Rowe(groin) QUESTIONABLE

Doesn't say "out"...

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

maybe that will help....    When I watch the Pats* from the beginning they usually win and seeing how I can't stand the asskissing I won't turn the game on until late.  

If the Cheats are down I'll watch, if not .... I'll watch the CAPS banner raising ceremony again.  ;)  

Ugh that was rough last night. Bruins got hit by a buzz saw. They play in Buffalo tonight.

Pats will probably try and run up the score for the deflate gate garbage. Colts are undermanned and just played 5 quarters 4 days ago and now on the road. I will watch if it’s close.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Colts: 

Patriots*: 

BB's ego dictates that Gordon becomes his next system Randy Moss? Wasn't able to salvage Coleman though.  

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

This game is flawed from the beginning. Short week, Pats at home. Should be on cruise control by the second half.

No TY Hilton, Jack Doyle, or Marlon Mack - 3 starters on offense. Plus without their leading tackler on D. Coming off an OT game. On a short week. On the road. Game, blouses :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1