LeSean McCoy at WR???

wppete

With our crappy O-line, this might be the only way Shady sees green grass.  But if he's going to be playing a lot at WR, he's got to learn all the adjustments that WRs are expected to make depending on the defensive alignment.  Shady is a smart guy but that's a whole lot of new stuff to learn while still keeping up with the game plan for the RBs.

I think it would be fun to watch and should improve Josh Allen's progress. McCoy could play 2nd WR and the slot. If NE can use little quick guys, imagine McCoy and that agility. It would open up the TE and cause extra game planning. Imagine a WR screen??? Bubble screen??? With the money he is making we need to use him more.

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Oh God, I just had a flashback -- OJ was a decoy and a WR..John Rauch = Wil E. Coyote, Genius

We got our OLine from the Acme Blocking Company. I don’t see what could possibly go wrong? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

John Rauch tried this with OJ.  He was fired!

The game is a little different in 2018. In 1972 the NFL leader had 62 catches. 38 guys had that last year. It was 52 guys in 2016. The game is not the same. Shady needs 20-25 touches a game. Do what you need to so that happens.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Chan Gainey used to spread 4 receivers wide to take pressure off the O line.  Spiller had a good year running.  Also, put Shady wide to look for a mismatch against LB.  I know our receivers are terrible but this can take some of the pressure off Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t give Shady more than 5 touches a game. I understand playing from behind and trying to pass the ball more, but if it means extending the drive more, why not run the ball? Take the pressure off Allen and let McCoy (the best player on offense) try and work some magic. 

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Why stop there?  Lets make Benjamin play running back too.

lets get things reallllyyyy ****ty 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Heck, Put Peterman in as a TE too. Can we bring in Tebow and use him as a FB? How bout the flying V? Has anyone brought that up? Can Kaep Punt????

Guys, it's not unheard of to have a RB line up at WR now and then. Nobody is suggesting that he change positions entirely.

• Like (+1) 2