FIRE Daboll ASAP

16 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

They were not illegal motion penalties today, they were illegal formation penalties meaning the players lined up in the wrong spot. That isnt on the OC. Neither are the penalties that negated positive plays. The whole offense is sucking, not just one part. Rookie QB, WR's that rarely gain separation and drop balls, and aside from Shady there are no players on the offense that defenses need to game plan for. 

I would be curious to see what plays are being called or what each player is responsible for compared to how they are executed. 

How is it possibly not the OCs fault for the players lining up in the wrong spots. I get it if it’s once or twice. We’re seeing these types of penalties happen 2-4 times a game. That’s not a coincidence. It’s a trend. It’s not just one player constantly doing it. It’s all of them. The team isn’t coached properly and that is a fact. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I understand Allen is a rookie and all and you want to protect him, but the 1st and 2nd down runs are getting a little ridiculous.  What is also ridiculous is how little they use play action considering how often they run on 1st and 2nd.  Same, bland, vanilla offense we have seen from many previous hack coordinators.

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I understand Allen is a rookie and all and you want to protect him, but the 1st and 2nd down runs are getting a little ridiculous.  What is also ridiculous is how little they use play action considering how often they run on 1st and 2nd.  Same, bland, vanilla offense we have seen from many previous hack coordinators.

At times it seems like Dabol is using the same playbook  from the previous regimes. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:37 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If the Bills want to save the season/help Allen progress then something has to be done. I know they need continuity, but it's best to nip it in the bud and do it NOW instead of waiting until the end of the year where Daboll will inevitably be gone. There is no way Josh is going to blossom when there is no running game being established and he is getting sacked 7 times a game. I mean  they're down 16 points early in the 4th and the Bills were in need of 4 yards on third down and what does the genius Daboll call? A long developing pass play where the every WR are running 20-30 yards down the field and not giving Allen a decent check down option. Our line is TERRIBLE ! what the hell was that?? Why is he not playing to our only strength and running it? It was happening all game long, 5 wide sets and expecting miracles. I'm not going to act like I'm some offensive coordinator, but I can see that this is not working and I can see (we all can see) that Daboll is in way over his head The 1-31 Browns are scoring points this year with a rookie QB and that's because Mayfield is given easy plays and a running game. Allen was at fault, but he's not being set up to win. 

I actually don't have an issue with Daboll. Far better than Rick Dennison last season

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

No real OC is going to risk his career coming Buffalo. It's Daboll or nobody. You remember that! You hate Daboll or some other no name sucking it up. That's your fate. Your lucky somebody even showed up to be the face you hate!!!

Anthony Linn did pretty well and is killing it. He had no chance as hc for us. Same for Schwartz. 

You think changing offensive coordinators after 6 games of Allen's career is the better option?  That's why you're a fan and not working in the NFL, we make bad judgement's about a team we love to watch instead of doing it for a living. I'm not saying I love all his calls but this is what I expected from a team with a shaky OL and no WR help, we're a better running team so you play to your strengths, what magical plays can he conjure up to make our average WR group catch passes?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You think changing offensive coordinators after 6 games of Allen's career is the better option?  That's why you're a fan and not working in the NFL, we make bad judgement's about a team we love to watch instead of doing it for a living. I'm not saying I love all his calls but this is what I expected from a team with a shaky OL and no WR help, we're a better running team so you play to your strengths, what magical plays can he conjure up to make our average WR group catch passes?

I'm not really happy with Daboll for a lot of reasons. But you're right. He doesn't have much to work with and it's only six games. There is a lot to question though. 

I know it's always in vogue to bash the OC, but after 6 weeks Daboll looks like he's in way over his head. The Packers game was eye-opening. I can't remember a worse gameplan -- and that's a strong statement when you reflect on this organization's inept offenses over the last two decades. Yes, I am aware of the talent deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball, but these continual illegal formation penalties are a clear indicator he can't get his personnel to execute for him.

And calling a 10-yard out with Peterman under center and under 2 minutes to play? He should be investigated by the NFL to see if he had money wagered on the Texans. I can't comprehend how an NFL OC doesn't possess the awareness to take that play off the sheet under those circumstances.

Edited by QCity

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I knew before the Bills played a single snap that it wouldn't take long for fans to be calling for the OC to be fired. 

Usually, it's unwarranted and impossible to judge based on such horrible personnel. But it's the game-losing decisions that are finally making me break....

With 1:34 left, game tied 13 to 13, wtf was the mindset going into that drive?! Most people would think "make the Texans burn their 2 timeouts, run down the clock, and play to flip field position considering how phenomenal our defense is playing!"

On top of that, if we get a 1st down or 2, THEN we can consider playing a bit more aggressively and go to close it out. That's BEFORE taking into account who was behind center and how inept the offense has been, but factoring those 2 things in should've GUARANTEED there was no other choice their. 

But no... we foolishly go all Bills mode out there, proving that McDermott is cut from the same cloth as all those boneheaded hires before him. Incomplete pass, stopping the clock, leading to a 2nd pass and an easy game-sealing pick 6.

It's maddening to watch something so predictable yet preventable consistently ruin games. 

I really can't put it any better than this. This sums it up beautifully.

12 hours ago, QCity said:

I know it's always in vogue to bash the OC, but after 6 weeks Daboll looks like he's in way over his head. The Packers game was eye-opening. I can't remember a worse gameplan -- and that's a strong statement when you reflect on this organization's inept offenses over the last two decades. Yes, I am aware of the talent deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball, but these continual illegal formation penalties are a clear indicator he can't get his personnel to execute for him.

And calling a 10-yard out with Peterman under center and under 2 minutes to play? He should be investigated by the NFL to see if he had money wagered on the Texans. I can't comprehend how an NFL OC doesn't possess the awareness to take that play off the sheet under those circumstances.

Daboll needs to do a better job in his play designs. That being said, Daboll designed the play but the players execute it. That pick six was on Peterman. That out route to the sideline may have just been to spread the CB's out. There was another Bills WR, I think it was Jones, that had a route a little deeper that was curling to the inside. Peterman said he made a read, which was a blitz from that side, and made a weak throw to the sideline. Jones would have been a better option...even throwing it low. The Texans were waiting for it. Now is it is designed that the WR's have to read that blitz and adjust their routes accordingly? I dont know but I didnt see that happening. 

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Daboll needs to do a better job in his play designs. That being said, Daboll designed the play but the players execute it. That pick six was on Peterman. That out route to the sideline may have just been to spread the CB's out. There was another Bills WR, I think it was Jones, that had a route a little deeper that was curling to the inside. Peterman said he made a read, which was a blitz from that side, and made a weak throw to the sideline. Jones would have been a better option...even throwing it low. The Texans were waiting for it. Now is it is designed that the WR's have to read that blitz and adjust their routes accordingly? I dont know but I didnt see that happening. 

....which is the never ending Peterman refrain......painful to go back and read hundreds of previous posts saying "don't EVER let Peterman throw an out route".....

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I actually don't have an issue with Daboll. Far better than Rick Dennison last season

Yes, Daboll is a regular Ted Marchibroda.

20 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

foolish comment.
 Probably never raised  a Child have you ?

: )

and this is why we love you

Nope, and I've also never rooted for a winning NFL team and I'd like to one point this century. 

1 hour ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Under no circumstances should the game of been put on Petermans shoulders to begin with! Should of ran it 3 straight times and went into overtime. That way the clock wouldn't be an issue and Buffalo could've went with a more balanced offensive approach. The fact that the casual fan knew this better than a coach being paid millions of dollars is sickening.