OFFICIAL TNF THREAD Vikings At Rams

36 minutes ago, nucci said:

Fair enough but I thought the game was exciting to watch. I think you're right about Vikings....Their defense was supposed to be much better

I enjoyed watching Goff drop dimes. I didnt enjoy watching the defenses miss tackles, mistime jumps, and fail to make plays on the ball. Bad defense is boring. It's why I don't watch college football.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

This is completely wrong.

Here’s what I remember: A few reasonable folks were saying, “Hey, instead of using all these draft picks to trade up for an unproven qb in the draft, let’s use those picks to strengthen the other positions and just sign Cousins as a FA.”  It wasn’t a bad idea, although it was never very likely to happen, for a number of reasons.  If that was “pounding the table” for Kirk Cousins, then OK, whatever you say.  

And by the way, Cousins is a good QB.

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

it makes it a fun game.

No.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I enjoyed watching Goff drop dimes. I didnt enjoy watching the defenses miss tackles, mistime jumps, and fail to make plays on the ball. Bad defense is boring. It's why I don't watch college football.

This guy gets it.

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

A lot of “no defense” comments. Remember that both Rams starting CB’s, Talib and Peters didn’t play. That kind of matters.

There’s always been offensive and defensive teams in the league. I’m not sure why last night’s game is a big deal.

Peters played. 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Were they a bad defence because they are just bad or was it because the offence was good and mad them look worse?

41 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Were they a bad defence because they are just bad or was it because the offence was good and mad them look worse?

Just really bad. They are starting to look like that Bears win we had a couple years ago lol. That was supposed to be a strong division, but it's not shaping up that way this year. 

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Exactly, game ends up high scoring with tons of offence and the "self proclaimed football purists" are mad cause there was no defence, or no hard earned rushing yards.

Game ends up as a 13-10 defensive battle and people are complaining that is was a boring game where no one could get anything going and they need to just get rid of Thursday night football altogether.

The only way I see a game like last night as being bad is if it was a one sided blowout. But with 2 good QBs going back and forth lighting up the scoreboard, it makes it a fun game.

Agree. Damned if you do Damned if you dont with some fans

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Here’s what I remember: A few reasonable folks were saying, “Hey, instead of using all these draft picks to trade up for an unproven qb in the draft, let’s use those picks to strengthen the other positions and just sign Cousins as a FA.”  It wasn’t a bad idea, although it was never very likely to happen, for a number of reasons.  If that was “pounding the table” for Kirk Cousins, then OK, whatever you say.  

And by the way, Cousins is a good QB.

Again youre still wrong. People were dropping 30 page threads drooling over Cousins. Cousins is decent in games that dont matter. Cousins is garbage when it counts, he is anti clutch. Im so happy our front office didnt fall for the Cousins ruse. No matter how hard some fans banged the table for him

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Cousin's *might* be a starter in the NFL, but a starter at that price? He needs to be a good starter. That game was amazing, but he's put the ball on the ground 4 times in 2 games.

Cousins played on a level the Bills have not seen since Jim Kelly in that game Thursday night.

He was notably worse in our game against Minnesota.   He had an off-day that day, which contributed heavily to our win, along with the fact that Minnesota is not nearly as good as people thought they would be this year.

They remind me of our win against Atlanta last year.