Panthers Sign Safety Eric Reid - Collusion Case Denied by Arbitrator

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Panthers Sign Safety Eric Reid - Collusion Case Denied by Arbitrator
2 minutes ago, mannc said:

More evidence that you don’t have to be particularly bright to make a fortune in the fracking business.  Please keep this guy away from all microphones.

We are going to trust exactly what the bigot Reid says as the gospel?  Scary. 

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

More evidence that you don’t have to be particularly bright to make a fortune in the fracking business.  Please keep this guy away from all microphones.

Not as bad as I thought, kind of incentive but not awful. Every owner probably was thinking the same thing. The protests are much bigger than football/hockey or owning a pro sports team and are issues that may never go away.

Just keep in mind that there are two sides of every story, Reid is a guy that still tried to have a collusion case AFTER he got signed in a dry safety market

Reid isn't an objective reporter.  He has a distinct POV and it's uncertain if his portrayal of Terry is entirely accurate.

But it wouldn't be surprising at all if Terry did in fact voice a concern about losing sponsors.  He's running a business.  He ought to be concerned about revenue.  

Terry might have also said that they need a black spokesman.  Reid's paraphrase of 'hiding behind a black face' is just his own words venting his own personal frustration with the situation.  

I wouldn't judge Terry without hearing his side of the story.  I do think Reid makes some valid points in general, though.  

On 10/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, Boyst62 said:

We are going to trust exactly what the bigot Reid says as the gospel?  Scary. 

Dude's a nutcase but let's be honest the Pegulas are a curious ownership to name drop. If he really was just making crap up for publicity then he'd go after Jerry and Jim Irsay lol.

I'm sure there's a slight salt of Truth in it but I don't doubt the Pegulas are good people that are simply making the best business decisions. And if y'all seriously don't think there's some sort of gentlemen's agreement to black ball Kaep then open your ears to what people have been saying about the QB positions everywhere (Bills get mentioned weekly somewhere at least once) are far poorer than what Kaep can do. The world sees it, hell I don't even see it as a bad business move. Look at Nike, the team that signs Kaep is going to sell a ton of merchandise and get a LOT of new fans.

39 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dude's a nutcase but let's be honest the Pegulas are a curious ownership to name drop. If he really was just making crap up for publicity then he'd go after Jerry and Jim Irsay lol.

I'm sure there's a slight salt of Truth in it but I don't doubt the Pegulas are good people that are simply making the best business decisions. And if y'all seriously don't think there's some sort of gentlemen's agreement to black ball Kaep then open your ears to what people have been saying about the QB positions everywhere (Bills get mentioned weekly somewhere at least once) are far poorer than what Kaep can do. The world sees it, hell I don't even see it as a bad business move. Look at Nike, the team that signs Kaep is going to sell a ton of merchandise and get a LOT of new fans.

there is no blackball of kaep

there are 3 types of teams out there:

1) winning teams with adequate or better QB's who don't need him

2) terrible teams out there that do not have capable qb's who would rather rebuild and work with their younger players and vets who are much cheaper than kaepernick

3) teams that could use a qb, like us, who don't want to spend the money, invest in the sideshow, and alienate their fanbase.

and guess what?  none of that is illegal or wrong.  the nfl is allowed to do this, kaep is allowed to do his thing.  both can be right and have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

but, lest we forget.  kaepernick is the reason he left the nfl.  kaepernick is the reason he is not signed - money, his personal life, etc.  his choices in every step on teams that wanted to sign him.  the guy is a nutbag and needs mental help.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

This guy seems like a fun guy.........

guy is clueless, my god. neo colonialism is the problem with this country?  sorry son, but without whatever term you and your ilk have coined you wouldn't be here today.  neo colonialism is what made this country.