Panthers Sign Safety Eric Reid - Collusion Case Denied by Arbitrator

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Too good of a player to not be working on Sundays.

Panthers are now better than they were with the injured guys Eric replaces.  Would have loved to see him playing the Rafael Bush role for the Bills but Bush is doing a pretty darn good job.

Reid and Kaep are different in my opinion. Reid is a S and Kaep is a QB. One can argue that Reid is top 15 at his position, I don't think you can argue that about Kaep. You don't have to change your defensive scheme to try to fit Reid into it, but you would have to do so on offense with Kaep. I thought  Reid would have been on a team already, but at least he is getting his chance now. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Reid and Kaep are different in my opinion. Reid is a S and Kaep is a QB. One can argue that Reid is top 15 at his position, I don't think you can argue that about Kaep. You don't have to change your defensive scheme to try to fit Reid into it, but you would have to do so with Kaep. I thought  Reid would have been on a team already, but at least he is getting his chance now. 

I think Kaep is in the 15-30 range.  There was a stat that his last 6 games were almost identical to Jimmy G’s 6 games at the end of last year.

but good for the Panthers.  They are trying to make their team better instead of other BS.  Also, I look forward to Reid being on the Bills next year!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Kaep is in the 15-30 range.  There was a stat that his last 6 games were almost identical to Jimmy G’s 6 games at the end of last year.

but good for the Panthers.  They are trying to make their team better instead of other BS.  Also, I look forward to Reid being on the Bills next year!

That's awfully generous. I put him in the 30-40 range, and that's omitting the rookies this year. In his last 21 games played he's sub 60% completions and averages 200 yards of offense per game, has a TD% of 3.32% and a TO% of 1.59%. He's basically Tyrod, but with less yards, less TDs, and more Turnovers. That doesn't even sniff 15th.

Reid on the other hand, is an excellent safety, so it's not surprising that he's getting a shot somewhere.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's awfully generous. I put him in the 30-40 range, and that's omitting the rookies this year. In his last 21 games played he's sub 60% completions and averages 200 yards of offense per game, has a TD% of 3.32% and a TO% of 1.59%. He's basically Tyrod, but with less yards, less TDs, and more Turnovers. That doesn't even sniff 15th.

Reid on the other hand, is an excellent safety, so it's not surprising that he's getting a shot somewhere.

Doesn’t the team matter?  Those were dog ? 49ers offenses.  Again, his last 6 games were comparable to Jimmy G’s last 6 last year.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/01/san-francisco-49ers-comparing-jimmy-garoppolos-2017-to-colin-kaepernicks-final-five-games-in-2016/amp/

and it’s ok to argue where he ranks but he isn’t an upgrade over Nate Peterman?  Carolina’s backup is who?  He definitely belongs in the league if you’re trying to put the best roster together.  He might not be a franchise qb anymore but he is a nfl qb, especially given some of the scrubs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Doesn’t the team matter?  Those were dog ? 49ers offenses.  Again, his last 6 games were comparable to Jimmy G’s last 6 last year.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/01/san-francisco-49ers-comparing-jimmy-garoppolos-2017-to-colin-kaepernicks-final-five-games-in-2016/amp/

and it’s ok to argue where he ranks but he isn’t an upgrade over Nate Peterman?  Carolina’s backup is who?  He definitely belongs in the league if you’re trying to put the best roster together.  He might not be a franchise qb anymore but he is a nfl qb, especially given some of the scrubs in the league.

I rank Kaep 30-40. I rank Peterman 241/241. Look, if you want to use 5 games that's fine. I'm talking about his performance in every game he has played in since 2015.

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Most of his "stats" were put up whwn the game was decided. Go back to his last game against us. That's the player he is. Mediocre, can't succeed when forced to play from the pocket, doesn't really have that necessary touch, and was figured out by the league. 32-64 range type of QB, but he sees himself as a starter. The talent doesn't outweigh the potential for distraction according to NFL FO's.