WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, JPP said:

Come on guys kiss and make up!

I'm sure he would be willing to mend the relationship for a few mil.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Btw- how is it a 6’ tall guy with a worse 40 than k-Benj is a coveted NFL WR? 

Because he can "apparently" catch the ball unlike our current WRs.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Matthews last 2 season's: 

118 catches 1740 yards 13 TDs

Alshon Jefferey last 2 season's:

109 catches 1610 yards 11 TDs

Mohammad Sanu last 2 season's:

126 catches 1353 yards 9 TDs

Kelvin Benjamin last 2 season's:

111 catches 1633 yards 10 TDs

Point is I'm pretty sure most here would gladly take a Sanu or Jeffery type WR. Both Benjamin and Matthews are in that ballpark. 

Benjamin is for whatever reason having issues with drops and motivation. Matthews wants to play. Though if rumor is believed he doesnt like Robiskie and this is a non issue anyway.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Point is I'm pretty sure most here would gladly take a Sanu or Jeffery type WR. Both Benjamin and Matthews are in that ballpark. 

Benjamin is for whatever reason having issues with drops and motivation. Matthews wants to play. Though if rumor is believed he doesnt like Robiskie and this is a non issue anyway.

...maybe I missed the memo, but sure as hell don't see how his "whines 'n walkout" demonstrate that............

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, the very idea that he was reportedly wanting out due to lack of play time is an excellent indicator imo.

..indicator of what?.....over valuing his contribution versus coaches' judgment?.......perfect fit for "McD's process"?......just don't like his"modus operandi" in a TEAM game, but that's just me.....

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..indicator of what?.....over valuing his contribution versus coaches' judgment?.......perfect fit for "McD's process"?......just don't like his"modus operandi" in a TEAM game, but that's just me.....

They brought in Coleman to see if he would work out.  I think they are flexible on the process.

19 hours ago, jr1 said:

if he quit there he'll quit here. He wants to be a stay at home dad

well there is nothing to do in Buffalo ! So we have that as leverage :)

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

At some point you got to say "!@#$ the process" and sign some guys who can catch a football.

actually , i might think Benjamin does NOT fit the process. He filled a dire need at the time. was injured when hired.
and he is either very dim or does not care. Hard to tell for me. neither of those fit " The Process "

pretty sure they apply wiggle room in reviewing applicants who "fit"

: )
if he can catch AND is healthy. ( did any one mention that part of the story ? )
ya gotta check him out

42 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They brought in Coleman to see if he would work out.  I think they are flexible on the process.

Being a team player might be something that is found and not a given. and it is a business.
Titans feel he should be gone as well.

deep dive from Beanes scouts and contacts need doing though

but yes they do take risks. just very small ones.. ha ha

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I cant wrap my mind around why Buffalo is dragging its feet on OL and WR.  Its blatantly obvious our WRs are the worst in the league by a mile, our OL is swiss cheese.  If they cared so much about their qb investment why are they letting him get blitzkrieg'd and let down by garbage wrs.  Am i missing something?

I'm not sure that McDermott and Beane understand the very basic offensive concept that even the greatest QBs need protection and targets. If they don't believe that, then they should ask Tom Brady.   If they do, they don't act like they do because they seem to be totally disinterested in really doing anything about providing their QB with either ... and this goes all the way back to the FA period in March. 

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I would love to see this happen ... but it's not gonna happen for 2 reasons:

1) He can go to any SB contender he wants ... like the Eagles who desperately need a WR.

2) I doubt our coach wants a locker room type that quits when he doesnt get enough targets.

Maybe that's the real reason that the Bills have such sucky WRs: it's the nature of WRs to be primadonnas, and the better they are, the more likely they are to want opportunities to catch the ball.   Good WRs who are team-first guys are few and far between, although it's easier to convince them to be team first guys when they're on winning teams like the Chiefs, Eagles or Pats.

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Serriously!

Because Robiskie is doing a phenomenal job right now...

Coaching can't compensate for lack of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Patriots? Seriously?!

In 2 weeks they are going to have one of the best WR corps out their.

Gronk, Edleman, Gordon, Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson.... yeah they need help.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

ya gotta check him out

Being a team player might be something that is found and not a given. and it is a business.
Titans feel he should be gone as well.

deep dive from Beanes scouts and contacts need doing though

but yes they do take risks. just very small ones.. ha ha

They are paying Coleman 3.5m not to play for them.  That's at least a decent sized risk.

I don't care if Matthews is a team player as long as he catches passes thrown his way.

Let the market cool on him for a few days and see if you can get him in for a 1m, possibly more based performance, contract.

JMO.

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Jeffrey hasn’t played as many games, wtf.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I'm not sure that McDermott and Beane understand the very basic offensive concept that even the greatest QBs need protection and targets. If they don't believe that, then they should ask Tom Brady.   If they do, they don't act like they do because they seem to be totally disinterested in really doing anything about providing their QB with either ... and this goes all the way back to the FA period in March. 

Maybe that's the real reason that the Bills have such sucky WRs: it's the nature of WRs to be primadonnas, and the better they are, the more likely they are to want opportunities to catch the ball.   Good WRs who are team-first guys are few and far between, although it's easier to convince them to be team first guys when they're on winning teams like the Chiefs, Eagles or Pats.

Coaching can't compensate for lack of talent. 

well maybe a little  :  )

Edited by 3rdand12