WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wonder if this signing impacts Mathhews' scheduled visit in Arizona.

While it could impact the visit, I wonder if Arizona would just try for both.  Why not? I feel like every team in the league places value on the wr position except us, at least for now.  I get what they are doing and trying to get rid of bad contracts, etc.  But to completely ignore that position is awful.  And to think that there are options out there that could at least help.  Nobody is building their wr group around Wright or Matthews, but they are pieces.  Wouldn’t solve our issues, but it would certainly help it I think.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Wouldn’t solve our issues, but it would certainly help it I think.

Rishard Matthews has reliable hands, something sorely missing in our group. I am still a bit shocked that KB is playing as bad as he is. In pre-season he looked like he could win contested catches and make plays on a regular basis. He's worse than a ghost. Targeting him is like a loss of down.  I don't think Ray Ray is the next Stevie and Foster is not another Goodwin, but I think the Bills do.   How Holmes is on the roster and Streater was put on the street is criminal. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Rishard Matthews has reliable hands, something sorely missing in our group. I am still a bit shocked that KB is playing as bad as he is. In pre-season he looked like he could win contested catches and make plays on a regular basis. He's worse than a ghost. Targeting him is like a loss of down.  I don't think Ray Ray is the next Stevie and Foster is not another Goodwin, but I think the Bills do.   How Holmes is on the roster and Streater was put on the street is criminal. 

Agreed....really wish we had not let Streater walk....the guy has speed as well

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Had Workouts This Week
On 10/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, Clyde Smith said:

I posted in another thread that Miami have Devante Parker on the trading block. He definitely is a upgrade over most of our receivers.

It would depend on what the Dolphins would want in return and what his 5th year option looks like (Miami picked up Parker's fifth year option.) If the Fins are looking to dump his contract for peanuts and his option isn't crazy than I wouldn't mind the Bills taking a chance. The WR free agent crop isn't crazy strong, Parker might be better than a lot of our free agent options. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest Mike147
On 10/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, Clyde Smith said:

I posted in another thread that Miami have Devante Parker on the trading block. He definitely is a upgrade over most of our receivers.

The talents there, but a lot of Dolphins fans considered him injury prone and soft. He's never lived up to their draft expectations. So we'd be taking on a reclamation project which is fine if we get him cheap, but I wouldn't say he is deffinately an upgrade over what we've got unless he comes good on his potential and does something here that he didn't do in Miami.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It would depend on what the Dolphins would want in return and what his 5th year option looks like (Miami picked up Parker's fifth year option.) If the Fins are looking to dump his contract for peanuts and his option isn't crazy than I wouldn't mind the Bills taking a chance. The WR free agent crop isn't crazy strong, Parker might be better than a lot of our free agent options. 

Roughly 9.4 million for his fifth year option.

The talents there, but he's injury prone and doesn't seem to have the work ethic to be a top receiver. He looks and sounds like he's going to end up as one of those talented prospects that never lived up to their potential.

4 minutes ago, Mike147 said:

The talents there, but a lot of Dolphins fans considered him injury prone and soft. He's never lived up to their draft expectations. So we'd be taking on a reclamation project which is fine if we get him cheap, but I wouldn't say he is deffinately an upgrade over what we've got unless he comes good on his potential and does something here that he didn't do in Miami.

Roughly 9.4 million for his fifth year option.

The talents there, but he's injury prone and doesn't seem to have the work ethic to be a top receiver. He looks and sounds like he's going to end up as one of those talented prospects that never lived up to their potential.

Injury prone or not. His stat line over the last three years is way better production than any receivers we currently have on this roster, except (Pre Buffalo) KB. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Workouts Continue this Week
Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Yeah but we have the #32 ranked offense. Help goes to defense but not for the offense.

Just telling it like it is, not how we want it to be. 

Agree or not, the team doesn’t think the available guys are going to be better than the ones they have, and add in a dose of the player has to be interested in signing with the Bills as well. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Everyone is signing Receivers, except for us. I just don’t get it.

If you were a WR.....would you choose us over any other team?  If so, you’d need to have your head examined.  

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

Depends on the teams that are available. At least we have a top 5 defense here.

WR most often sign with other teams for a few different reasons: to win, for money, to put up numbers for future contracts with this team or another one, and playing time. All we can offer them is playing time and almost no chance to put up numbers.