Wyoming Fan - New Bills Fan

OrediggerPoke

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am a life long Wyoming Cowboys and Denver Broncos fan.  As soon as Allen Bills jerseys were available to order, I ordered one in each color.

I am happy that Bills nation got to see the real Josh Allen today.  I had the pleasure of watching every one of his college home games and multiple college road games as well.  I have never seen a more physically gifted QB or bigger competitor in my life (John Elway is 2nd to Josh Allen).  Hurdling defenders to pick up a first down...yep, that's the real Josh Allen!  His college teammates (who mostly weren't as talented as the competition) followed him because he laid everything on the line for them.  I get the same sense with this Bills team.  Go Bills!

Welcome to the #Billsmafia!! It was amazing watching Allen put on a show today.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

same here! 

Same

15 hours ago, Putin said:

Welcome a board and remember 

Once your in your in for life , ( Bills mafia ) 

Naw  More like Hotel California.

There he stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,

'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then he lit up a candle and he showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year, you can find it here

'Relax,' said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Like how he managed to get a forced fumble.

Another moment that speaks to the competitor he is!  This is my recollection.  It was about -12 degrees with the windchill in Laramie for a game against San Diego State in maybe the coldest game I have been to (I know you Bills' fans are used to the cold but that was really cold).   I just decided to wear my ski clothes to the  game.  A back and forth battle.  Late in the game (I believe 4th qtr), Wyoming has  the ball in their own end and trailing.  I was actually standing behind  the end zone at that point.  I believe that it was 3rd down but it may have been 2nd down.  The play breaks down with one heck of a pash rush.  Allen scrambles around and then makes a mistake throwing the ball back across the field trying to make something out of nothing.  SDSU picks the ball.  Allen comes charging full steam ahead and it is Allen standing between SDSU's cornerback and the roughly 10 yards to the endzone.  Allen takes a great angle and lowers the shoulder for a booming hit and the SDSU player loses the ball and is sent flailing out of bounds.  The ball stays in bounds and Wyoming recovers for a first down Wyoming!  Wyoming would go on  to lose the game but wow what a game and wow what a hit by the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm STILL a Josh Allen doubter. I didn't see throws into tight windows. I didn't see progressions to 2nd and 3rd options. What I did see was a kid so immensely talented that he doesn't necessarily need to do those things to be effective. If he's ever going to make the jump to elite, he will have to improve in those areas. I don't expect that to happen year 1 so I won't unfairly criticize the guy.

That being said, I also saw a confident guy and a team feeding off his energy. A lot of people dismiss that, but it's a testament to the work being put in when the cameras are off.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

16 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am a life long Wyoming Cowboys and Denver Broncos fan.  As soon as Allen Bills jerseys were available to order, I ordered one in each color.

I am happy that Bills nation got to see the real Josh Allen today.  I had the pleasure of watching every one of his college home games and multiple college road games as well.  I have never seen a more physically gifted QB or bigger competitor in my life (John Elway is 2nd to Josh Allen).  Hurdling defenders to pick up a first down...yep, that's the real Josh Allen!  His college teammates (who mostly weren't as talented as the competition) followed him because he laid everything on the line for them.  I get the same sense with this Bills team.  Go Bills!

Come to a game in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's very nuanced.  It can be both.

I mean, who among us read that post and didn't think "Oh my God, what the hell are you thinking?  Why the hell would you root for this team?  Don't you know how we suffer?  Run fast, run far!"  So yeah, Oredigger...you're an idiot.  But you're our idiot now.

Which arguably the best kind of idiot to be (seriously, have you met their idiots?? Woof ).  Either way, its in the top 2!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, KitchenerKaizer said:

There are Wyoming fans?

How 'bout that

Actually there is only one 4 year college in Wyoming (the University of Wyoming) and no professional teams to speak of.  We don't have many people in Wyoming but the overwhelming majority are Wyoming Cowboys fans.  It is the one state where being a fan of the college football team and having pride in the state are synonymous (in fact they both share the same trademarked logo).

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Welcome to TBD & Bills Mafia, OrediggerPoke. That's a great name you got there.

You definitely have to go to a game in Buffalo and if there's an away game for the Bills that you can get to, you'll find that there are always plenty of Bills fans that travel well.

Look forward to hearing more from you and I too am grateful for Josh Allen. GO BILLS!!!

Edited Post.....

One more thing I would like to add, was that while Allen's leap was amazing and is the play that will be played over and over.

However, the play that really impressed me, was the touchdown pass to Jason Croom. It wasn't the pass per se, it was how Allen sold it. He stared down Marcus Murphy and sold that he was throwing the screen pass. The Vikings defense bit on the play and Croom was wide open. Easy touchdown throw.

That was the best play Allen made yesterday.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Thought I’d let you all know how many Bills fans you all are gaining in Wyoming.  The local over the air CBS station for Cheyenne and Laramie just announced today that it will be changing its broadcast next Sunday to show the Bills-Packers game. 

Seriously that's awesome it's a pain to find a way to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome aboard!

No... your eyes aren't deceiving you ?

The "short story" is that I met someone 10 years ago at the swimming pool drinking out of a Bills drinking cup.

Hang around this person you come to not only love your team but you love the Bills too.

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, DC Tom said:

It's very nuanced.  It can be both.

I mean, who among us read that post and didn't think "Oh my God, what the hell are you thinking?  Why the hell would you root for this team?  Don't you know how we suffer?  Run fast, run far!"  So yeah, Oredigger...you're an idiot.  But you're our idiot now.

he should have a counselor on retainer--the psychological kind

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Thought I’d let you all know how many Bills fans you all are gaining in Wyoming.  The local over the air CBS station for Cheyenne and Laramie just announced today that it will be changing its broadcast next Sunday to show the Bills-Packers game. 

Thats awesome!! Happy to have you guys in the Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

That's really cool. I will say a ton of Wyoming fans have visited the board this year. You guys really love football and Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Tcali said:

he should have a counselor on retainer--the psychological kind

As a fan of the Wyoming Cowboys, we choose to self medicate with a bottle of whiskey.  Let downs are something we are all too accustomed with.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:43 PM, Bad Things said:

Hey Wyo Fan... Go Rams!

CSU Rams.png

:D  Welcome to the board

Well...you know they say it sucks to be a C...S...U... Ram  ?

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That's really cool. I will say a ton of Wyoming fans have visited the board this year. You guys really love football and Josh Allen.

That is a true statement!  How can you not root for a guy that will literally bleed for his team.  Sorry Bills fans, Allen is not going to magically start sliding.  In his first start ever in the 2015 season he tried to bowl over a linebacker in the first quarter (and was successful) but broke his collarbone and was out for the season and redshirted.  It isn't in his nature to slide and frankly that is what we Wyoming fans really came to love.  When you are a Cowboy state, toughness is celebrated.

12 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Excellent!

Makes me want to come and visit you guys. You should start a Bills Backers group. 

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

As a fan of the Wyoming Cowboys, we choose to self medicate with a bottle of whiskey.  Let downs are something we are all too accustomed with.

Welcome to Bills' Nation. You'll fit right in.