Dwayne Haskins is going to be a stud

Haskins can throw the ball better than Pryor, better than Cardale, and better than Barrett. I think he has a shot if he continues to improve with his reads and manipulating the defense. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

Haskins can throw the ball better than Pryor, better than Cardale, and better than Barrett. I think he has a shot if he continues to improve with his reads and manipulating the defense. 

He throws the ball with zip and great placement. Very accurate and also Paris Campbell is excellent. Hope  we get him 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s waaaay to early to know that. Check back after say, Thanksgiving. We’ll have a better idea. 

TBD's college scouts have written up their report and are apparently taking the next 7 months off until draft day.  You haven't heard? ? 

I would love for us to get the #1 pick.  Trading it for a Kings Ransom would really speed the rebuild along.  Say the Giants have the #6 pick and trade it along with their 2nd and 3rd this year and their 1st next year.  That's 3 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's the next two drafts.  Along with the 90 mil in cap space...... Man it's going to be fun watching this team reload.  

Or we just draft Oliver / Bosa and have our Edge rusher of the future.  

Listen, the Chargers faced this problem when they drafted Brees in the 2nd round and he didn't develop fast enough, they moved on with Rivers, but Brees exploded that same year.  It seemed like less of a risk, because Brees was a 2nd rounder, but a sunk cost is a sunk cost.  Pick the best players and let them compete.

Honestly, I don't have a single !@#$ing problem with taking a QB again, really don't.  Personally I think Allen was a reach, so I don't expect much from him, but he's going to get the full year and if he doesn't show improvement and this team is drafting near the top then you bet your ass they better consider another QB, only other guy on the roster is Peterman....

If you hit on both trade one, it's a good problem to have.  Draft the best player and if it happens to be a QB so be it, let them fight and pick the best one.  Honestly, Allen is going to flame out, book it.  This is what will happen with the Bills, you all know it.  2019 first overall, we pass on a stud QB, Allen never materializes and we're !@#$ed for another decade.

Edited by bouds

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A major factor in the Bills' offseason strategy will be what they think of Josh Allen's development through the season.  Supposing they decide they need to draft another QB early, at that point they have to decide which of several possible choices they might make.  Haskins has one strike against him in that Urban Meyer does not have a stellar record in sending his QBs on to have successful careers in the NFL.  Tim Tebow had some modest success as an unconventional QB for a little while, but not what I would call a decent career.  It may be that Haskins will break the mold, but he need to do a whole lot more than he has so far to show that his game will translate to the NFL.

That is correct (you left out Alex Smith though) but Dwayne is ...different. He’s not the typical Urban Meyer QB. He’s a pro-style pure passer. We all wondered what he was doing recruiting him, and what Haskins was doing committing here given that Urban always runs his QBs. But it was his dream to be a Buckeye and here he is. So the offense has changed this year after years of Braxton and JT. No more designed QB runs, and on the Read option Haskins almost always chooses to pass. He can make every throw, has a huge arm, is extreme accurate, he’s giant, and his feet are super smooth. His anticipation has been the most impressive thing. He’s by far the best passer Urban has ever had. The ability to throw downfield with an NFL arm has changed everything with how teams need to defend. 

He did bring in a QB behind Dwayne who is in more of his traditional Urban mold, Tate Martell from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. Martell is supremely talented and has been playing a lot this year in certain packages ... he’s similar to a Johnny manziel type of player (on the field). The pro style QB isn’t a fluke though, he also brought in matt Baldwin in this class, from Baker Mayfield’s HS in Austin. 

Another urban Meyer QB to watch is Joe Burrow at LSU. He was developed at OSU and grad-transferred when Haskins won the job. He’s similar to an Alex Smith. 

At this point Haskins has only played 4.5 games. He will be tested big time at psu next week and will continue to have to face tougher competition. He’s also playing with a very good OL and weapons everywhere, so important to understand that too. But he faced his biggest test so far in his very first game, at Michigan last year, and passed -that was a nasty defense too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Are we basing this off a game where Haskins is on the 4th ranked team in the nation and he beat up unranked Tulane?

Man and people were giving crap to Allen for playing against poor competition.... I mean I know Wyoming is a powerhouse and all

Actually he has been excellent the first 4 games which is why I said if he continues to improve with his reads and manipulating the defense he has a shot. Big test next week against Penn St. He passed the TCU test already. He's also only a Sophomor. I'm not giving up on Allen yet, just speaking on the subject of Haskins. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Actually he has been excellent the first 4 games which is why I said if he continues to improve with his reads and manipulating the defense he has a shot. Big test next week against Penn St. He passed the TCU test already. He's also only a Sophomor. I'm not giving up on Allen yet, just speaking on the subject of Haskins. 

I will admit I dont follow college football, but I looked up his games. He has played Oregon State, Rutgers, TCU, and Tulane. Are any of them good? I see TCU is ranked 17th but I dont understand how when they are 2-2 and lost to unranked Texas 31-16 the game after Haskins played.

Edited by PolishPrince

22 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I will admit I dont follow college football, but I looked up his games. He has played Oregon State, Rutgers, TCU, and Tulane. Are any of them good? I see TCU is ranked 17th but I dont understand how when they are 2-2 and lost to unranked Texas 31-16 the game after Haskins played.

I think TCU is really good. You should watch them. They are very fast, talented and incredibly well coached. They are ranked 17 because the rankings are from last week. They will drop after losing to Texas. They only dropped two spots after losing to OSU because they played so well and OSU is highly ranked. It isn’t uncommon to see teams rise up and give everything vs OSU and then lose the following week to a lesser opponent. Texas does seem to be getting better though after their initial start to the season. They will likely end the year yanked. 

Haskins also played at Michigan last year in 2nd half after barrett got hurt. Anyway, you should watch him play. He’s quite the talent. Btw his numbers from Tulane today - 21-24 for 304 and 5 TDs - were just from the 1st half. They played the backups in the 2nd half. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think TCU is really good. You should watch them. They are very fast, talented and incredibly well coached. They are ranked 17 because the rankings are from last week. They will drop after losing to Texas. They only dropped two spots after losing to OSU because they played so well and OSU is highly ranked. It isn’t uncommon to see teams rise up and give everything vs OSU and then lose the following week to a lesser opponent. Texas does seem to be getting better though after their initial start to the season. They will likely end the year yanked. 

Haskins also played at Michigan last year in 2nd half after barrett got hurt. Anyway, you should watch him play. He’s quite the talent.

So how did they rank TCU? They beat SMU and and "Southern U." I honestly dont know how the rankings work, but I dont think beating Southern U and SMU should get them many wow points lol 

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

So how did they rank TCU? They beat SMU and and "Southern U." I honestly dont know how the rankings work, but I dont think beating Southern U and SMU should get them many wow points lol 

It’s based on the preseason rankings and they go from there. So they won their 1st two games and didn’t drop. I am not sure where they started but they are perennially a top 10 to 15 team. 

5 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Hopefully we don’t end up with the first pick in the draft... but if we do, and this guy is a no brainer for sure franchise Qb.

Do we :

A) Trade down and accumulate more picks.

B) Draft him, add him to the stable of Qb’s & let the cream rise to the top

C) Draft another position of need (Oliver or Bosa)

Didn’t miss this game!

I know it’s early in the season but this just feels like a year where I’m going to be paying very close attention to college football because we are going to be loading up on young talent in this draft! 

If we end up with the first overall we better take a QB or trade down for three number 1s. As good as Bosa and Oliver are Dlineman don’t turn franchises around.

I don’t think that the Bills are looking at a QB. I do think that Haskins is an elite QB prospect. He’s incredibly accurate and poised. He can (and does) make every throw. On the year he is 87-115, 75.7% completion, 1,194 yards, 16 TDs, 1 INT. It would actually be more if he played the second half of some of these games. He’s different.