24 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'll do my best.

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

?

19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

?

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

?

This is what I imagine the plot to Brokeback Mountain was like. Please don't quit each other. :cry:

1 hour ago, Peter said:

On what do you base that the owners knew that this was going to be a cluster you know what of a season?

Because at least half of us knew it well before the season.  Maybe pegula's a moron AND McD lied to him but I'm going with neither of those and so, pegula knew what was obvious to at least half of the fans here. 

What did you think the process was?  Eat chicken wings, drive a stupid bills wrapped truck, add more video game consoles in the locker room, parachute in and talk nonsense anytime a microphone is within sight?  C'mon.

So many chatty cathies with their rumor mongering.  Danged mean girls.   Lol

Edited by sleeby

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You've brought this up before, and it's been corrected before

Goodwin probably lied to the Bills about his priorities.  In 2015, he clearly had made his mind up to go for another Olympics and his priority was to enter the offseason healthy and pursue that goal.

In 2016, after he put his Olympic goals to rest (from pro-football-reference, click and a clear version will open)

image.thumb.png.df09f30a2fedf11d71f0ba8dad40ed49.png

Dressed for 15 games, started 9.  Had 2nd most WR yards on the Bills.  Was obviously still developing route running skills, but looked like the lightbulb clicked on.

Now we expect or at least are OK with the current FO and coaches when they come in and view former stars and starters negatively after objective evaluation, and say "that was Then, this is Now" and part ways.  So why shouldn't we expect them to do the same in a positive way?  Goodwin has something you can't coach - burner speed - for which we took a $3.5M Hail-Mary ($2.9M dead cap) on a busted Browns 1st rounder and for which we are currently tolerating a WR with a similar set of (poorly developed) route running skills and hands in Foster - this AFTER we lost the effective deep ball game last year that was Taylor's key to keeping D's honest.

Goodwin signed for $3.25M in 2017.

Anyway, whether you agree with the decision or not, please stop claiming he couldn't stay on the field here.  When he wanted to, which was 2016, he could

I'm referring to his injury history

12 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Because at least half of us knew it well before the season.  Maybe pegula's a moron AND McD lied to him but I'm going with neither of those and so, pegula knew what was obvious to at least half of the fans here. 

What did you think the process was?  Eat chicken wings, drive a stupid bills wrapped truck, add more video game consoles in the locker room, parachute in and talk nonsense anytime a microphone is within sight?  C'mon.

So many chatty cathies with their rumor mongering.  Danged mean girls.   Lol

I sincerely doubt that the owners expected what so far has been an embarrassment to the franchise.  Just a hunch. 

As for the rest of us that were realists before the season and saw that last year was a mirage, it seemed like there were many more here that disagreed and even mods that shut down threads questioning the offensive line.

We shall see.

Interesting comment by Eric Wood in his weekly Athletic article -

https://theathletic.com/531712/2018/09/18/wood-its-so-hard-for-me-to-fathom-that-anyone-would-quit-on-their-teammates-like-vontae-davis-did/

Anquan Boldin quit in training camp last year. I don’t know if he thought we were going to stink or what. But if you turn on the film from last year, we were so bought in to what Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane were preaching.

You can even talk to coaches and players from teams around the league: Our film looked different. Our effort level was so high.

Now, we didn’t have 13 wins. We went 9-7 and squeaked into the playoffs with a lot of help. But we weren’t the most talented team in the league either. We fought our tails off every week for our coaches and for each other.

Now the narrative in Buffalo is that the culture is so bad that players are quitting.

That couldn’t be further from reality. The truth is that the Bills are a bunch of guys who have bought in. They just have a lot of young talent with brighter days ahead.

I’ll take E Wood’s word on this.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Probably the incident that told the Bills to let that turd walk.

I amend what I said above.  Any retaliation and they likely suspend the Bills player for a game, and that might have meant missing the playoffs.  Hopefully they get revenge this year, unless they start to rattle-off wins.

{{{Eric Wood}}}  still leading.  

So, all you chatty cathies who want to start rumors of a lost locker room care to call him a fibber face Jenkins?  No?  Then sit back down, zip the lips and get back with the process!   

The process, as I see it, is like an emergency enema after the Ryan boys partied around in there - it's not going to be totally fun but it is cleansing and we should feel a whole lot lighter and maybe even ready to climb a mountain afterwards.  Prove me wrong. . .

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well you've had Anquan and Davis retire rather than collect checks. Bills offered John Brown more than cincy reportedly and he didn't want to come here. So you have at least 3 examples there, what about Maclin? 

Fair - point is, most will chase the dollar.....and why not?

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

4 year starter with 4 different DCs, 3 head coaches, 2 GMs, 2 owners.... immediately took over as play caller on the field... son of a coach and generally seems a good guy. 

and because he he thinks somethings not right in our locker room we hate him. Obviously.

Bills fans had set their mind on him at some point.
  was steady and predictable, consistent.not outstanding .  His issue was most all ,the inability to get to the sideline. When he found a hole/ run gap he most often hit it and that was good.
 he was no Brandon Spikes though jk.

Buffalo Bills has been crazy since Marrone. no question.

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

That and he only tackled guys BEHIND the line of scrimmage like Poz and London Fletcher. 

and what did they go on to accomplish ? Hmm ?

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

That and he only tackled guys BEHIND the line of scrimmage like Poz and London Fletcher. 

that was just a couple times btw ^

in garbage time against the third strings

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The strange thing is, he doesn't, uniformly.  Sometimes he chooses to pay more for what turns out to be less, sometimes much less.

yes. 
 i have yet to see the pattern. KB was more a panic move imho. i mean heck , he was injured.

oh wait.. maybe there is a pattern trending ?
Whaley had some fine scouts in place. No one should question that. But he served the HC a bit too much perhaps. and Rex was just a nut bucket in general as far as team building

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You've brought this up before, and it's been corrected before

Goodwin probably lied to the Bills about his priorities.  In 2015, he clearly had made his mind up to go for another Olympics and his priority was to enter the offseason healthy and pursue that goal.

In 2016, after he put his Olympic goals to rest (from pro-football-reference, click and a clear version will open)

image.thumb.png.df09f30a2fedf11d71f0ba8dad40ed49.png

Dressed for 15 games, started 9.  Had 2nd most WR yards on the Bills.  Was obviously still developing route running skills, but looked like the lightbulb clicked on.

Now we expect or at least are OK with the current FO and coaches when they come in and view former stars and starters negatively after objective evaluation, and say "that was Then, this is Now" and part ways.  So why shouldn't we expect them to do the same in a positive way?  Goodwin has something you can't coach - burner speed - for which we took a $3.5M Hail-Mary ($2.9M dead cap) on a busted Browns 1st rounder and for which we are currently tolerating a WR with a similar set of (poorly developed) route running skills and hands in Foster - this AFTER we lost the effective deep ball game last year that was Taylor's key to keeping D's honest.

Goodwin signed for $3.25M in 2017.

Anyway, whether you agree with the decision or not, please stop claiming he couldn't stay on the field here.  When he wanted to, which was 2016, he could

you scare me when angry.

10 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This is what I imagine the plot to Brokeback Mountain was like. Please don't quit each other. :cry:

why would anyone take the time to imagine what brokeback mountain was like ?

8 hours ago, sleeby said:

{{{Eric Wood}}}  still leading.  

So, all you chatty cathies who want to start rumors of a lost locker room care to call him a fibber face Jenkins?  No?  Then sit back down, zip the lips and get back with the process!   

The process, as I see it, is like an emergency enema after the Ryan boys partied around in there - it's not going to be totally fun but it is cleansing and we should feel a whole lot lighter and maybe even ready to climb a mountain afterwards.  Prove me wrong. . .

i might like you.
 not because the enema talk though.

culture change.

Bills have done it every 2-3 years for decades it seems. Hope Pegula sticks to his guns on this rodeo.

McD will stay for sure

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

That seems like a personal issue :unsure:

MAJBobby is the man for the job then.

j/k

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, RochesterRob said:

I think that we would have kept Glenn if he had proven consistently available health-wise.  The Bengals' offer was too good to turn down when facing the reality of Glenn's history.

Guess what ? We could have kept Glen if we drafted Mahomes or Watson last year...