Clueless TV announcers

Dan Darragh

How clueless were the TV announcers for the Chargers' game?  At least as far as I can recall, they completely missed 2 huge halftime developments: Davis quitting and McDermott "benching" the DC.

I'm abroad so I watch the games on gamepass, but I usually opt for the audio from the Bills radio network when I'm watching since these guys are good and know the team well.  For this game, though, the radio audio was out of whack (3 or 4 minutes behind the action) so I had to listen to the CBS audio.  What a shame.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

How clueless were the TV announcers for the Chargers' game?  At least as far as I can recall, they completely missed 2 huge halftime developments: Davis quitting and McDermott "benching" the DC.

I'm abroad so I watch the games on gamepass, but I usually opt for the audio from the Bills radio network when I'm watching since these guys are good and know the team well.  For this game, though, the radio audio was out of whack (3 or 4 minutes behind the action) so I had to listen to the CBS audio.  What a shame.

Gamepass provides the option to sync the audio feed from Bills broadcast with video from CBS?  This is a reason I have Sirius and NFKST I pause the ST broadcast for about 10seconds and mute the TV guys 

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

Gamepass provides the option to sync the audio feed from Bills broadcast with video from CBS?  This is a reason I have Sirius and NFKST I pause the ST broadcast for about 10seconds and mute the TV guys 

Gamepass allows you to select the radio as your audio track (either radio broadcast, home or away) but I don't think there is a way to correct sync problems.  Usually it's off by a few seconds which is a bit irritating but not terrible if the audio is ahead of the video. Yesterday was the worst sync problem I've experienced on Gamepass by far.

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

Gamepass allows you to select the radio as your audio track (either radio broadcast, home or away) but I don't think there is a way to correct sync problems.  Usually it's off by a few seconds which is a bit irritating but not terrible if the audio is ahead of the video. Yesterday was the worst sync problem I've experienced on Gamepass by far.

Ok I like my solution better I can get the sync perfect so when ref is announcing a penalty the sync is perfect you hear it on radio and lips moving exact

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Between the dismal play of the team, the atrocious play calling and the referees absolute giving the game away with bad calls, the announcers were the last thing I was worried about.

I thought we were bailed out several times with good calls! 

The safety that was ruled a touchback, was one of them.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

The first fumble was clearly our ball so I guess they cancel each other out.  The one punt that pinned us inside our 5 should've been a touchback though.

40 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Actually the ruling was correct once it went into endzone only option is touchback or a fumble recovery for a TD 

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That was the correct call as explained by the former referee- it was a muffed punt - he never had possession and therefore did not establish control outside of the goal line. The first control was in the end zone and therefore touchback was the correct call.

Every close play outside of the muffed punt went to LA.  The first fumble should have been Buffalo ball and that would have had the potential to change the game.  The punt where the ball was touched by LA on the goal line should have been a touchback- JA then throws an Int because he is backed up in the end zone.  A correct call there could have also changed things as that lead to LA’s last points.

In the end the Refs did not cost the Bills the game - they did not help them either - it was just another fast moving game with a lot of very close plays that for the most part the Refs get right in live action - which amazes me over and over.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Actually the ruling was correct once it went into endzone only option is touchback or a fumble recovery for a TD 

The ruling was correct and they went through the effort to get the events understood correctly, which is asking a lot