Joe B.: Bills Sacrificing Miserable Season For Long-Term Growth

BuffaloRush

Just now, Batman1876 said:

The youngest roster is the cowboys they have 21 guys who are rookies or in their 2nd year, we have 20. That’s the “youth movement” that the average age alone doesn’t tell you about. 

And the Youth are playing right because you know this was expected aparantly. Lol

46 minutes ago, Your brain broke said:

Where has anyone (ownership,Bean McDermott) come out and said they expected this or are that it's all part of their "process"?

McDermott says it all the time without directly saying it. After one of the blowouts last year he said at his presser something to the effect of you need to lose before you can win. They are going to try and be competitive but they are not going to sell out to win until next year.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You wouldnt take Darby on his Rookie deal over well who is the CB now that Davis Quit? Pitts

Yeah, I guess I’d take him now given the current situation with Davis, but that’s not saying too much. I’d be happier with a healthy EJ Gaines.

Now Gilmore? I wasn’t too happy to see him go. Didn’t cry either though.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So someone guess the next spin job after McD 7th blowout loss 

Why are you saying it’s spin? It seems to be their approach all along, no a story told after the fact. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Then no deal, you don't give away great players even if they are not perfect character people.

It was character and contract those things made him not worth it. If he was playing like an all pro he’d be here but as it was he wasn’t worth it. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So someone guess the next spin job after McD 7th blowout loss 

he has to spin it.

he can't come out and say , "yeah we suck and have no talent."

losing is never fun but getting a high pick without trading assets is going to greatly benefit this team, just wish we did it last year.

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then Why is Ducasse playing?

Why did Holmes and Kerley make the team NOT Coleman and Reiley?

Why is Mills and or Newhouse playing?

Why wasnt McCoy Dealt?

Why was cap space used on players that wont be here when rebuild over? 

This is the latest spin after they have been embarassed for two weeks. 

So what happened to win now win in the future did that go out the door with 47-3?

Thank you for this post.  This is my issue with the current regime.  I can fully support tanking now to win later.  But the way they keep/start/sign these 30+ year old players that won't be here by the time they rebuild is a complete waste of resources, cap space, & in game learning experience for younger players.  Watkins/Glenn/Dareus/Darby/Ragland (whichever of these players you wanted to keep) are young enough to build around.  Vontae Davis, Vlad Ducasse, Lesean McCoy, Chris Ivory etc are not.  

54 minutes ago, Your brain broke said:

Where has anyone (ownership,Bean McDermott) come out and said they expected this or are that it's all part of their "process"?

It has become an after the fact justification for the embarrassment that is 2018.

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Why are you saying it’s spin? It seems to be their approach all along, no a story told after the fact. 

It was character and contract those things made him not worth it. If he was playing like an all pro he’d be here but as it was he wasn’t worth it. 

Jacksonville disagrees,

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But the youth movement is what was expected from the regime. So him playing goes directly against this latest propaganda 

Who cares how old he is?  John Miller and Ryan Groy (who, without looking has gotta be as old as Ducasse, right?) are decidedly worse than him.  So why single him out?

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Again, in large part to the new regimes

strategy of cutting/trading young, quality players and replacing them with trash. 

Salary cap moves. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Jacksonville disagrees,

He’s worth more to them than he was to us. 

We got rid of some good players for various reasons (not that I agree with them).

We got rid of some of these guys because of what has been referred to as "bad contracts."

We have "replaced" some of those guys with McBeane's bad contracts.

We have exponentially increased our dead money.

We are likely to be one of the worst teams in the NFL at the end of the season.

Because we are likely to be one of the worst teams in the NFL (and we have an inexperienced rookie QB), we are likely to have to overpay to attract free agents.

In other words, read "bad contracts."

Rinse and repeat.

At the same time, we have an aging lineup.

Edited by Peter

36 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

By all accounts, Coleman wasn't trying at all. 

Also come on, Goodwin was everyone's punching bag here, now we think he's some kind of god? Also Watkins and Glenn were hurt all the time and Gilmore still hates tackling.

Goodwin may have been different with this rocket armed qb. 

27 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We have 4 problems on the offensive line, being the least of our line problems is still 25% of our line problem.

I didn't say I like him.  But he isn't nearly as bad as Miller and Groy from literally every last account of people who watch and grade every play.  So, again, why do people single him out?  Look, I follow football as closely as anyone on the planet that doesn't rewatch games and grade offensive linemen on every play.  All I can tell you (without rewatching) is whether the line is good or bad.  It's obviously bad.  Occasionally when they show a replay, I will look to see where the pressure came from.  But anyone who watches a game (and follows the ball every play like everyone else) and then tries to tell me who was worse than other guys on the line is a PHONY.  Period.