We do not have the receivers

Jasovon

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I've got to see what the All 22 watchers tell us about how often he was open. I've been harsh on him, but it's awfully hard to assess our WRs in the abstract given the protection problems and the totally inexperienced QBs.

It's really a back handed compliment, cuz I was hoping for more, and at this point he looks like the #1 for this team. I'm looking at the replays, considering his drops, considering the QB play, some nice catches, the All22....he looks like a young wr that would be a nice 3 on an average team.

22 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Watch other teams around the NFL. Watch them fight for and win 50-50 balls. Watch them catch a short slant and run it in for a TD. We don't get that, how long has it been since we did? Our receivers are awful and until that is fixed no QB will be serviceable. If a 50-50 ball is going to the defender every time then it makes anyone look bad. 

Daboll doesn’t use the short slant as part of his scheme. It’s driving me nuts. Give this kid a quick outlet that he sees. 

Foster seems like he would be perfect in that role or Murphy.

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Daboll doesn’t use the short slant as part of his scheme. It’s driving me nuts. Give this kid a quick outlet that he sees. 

the quick slant has been missing from Buffalo for almost a decade

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Plus the fact that while Josh will miss open guys he will also just gun the ball right on the money at times, which is the kind of pass that allows for breakaways on slants. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You don't need a receiver who will fight for 50/50 balls if you don't have a QB who will throw into tight windows, and anticipate receivers getting open before they are.

The WRs we have are fine, until Allen comes up to speed, if he is going to.

Admittedly Baby Face Allen did his part by BLOWING a few WIDE OPEN receivers, I would say that our WR are far from fine. They get no separation. 

Allen made some bad decisions and plays today but he also got mangled about 10 times because his OLINE and RB/TE blocks failed so miserably. Like under 2 seconds and he was toast. 

I dont care if you have Jerry rice on one side and Randy Moss on the other. With no time to throw, forget it   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Admittedly Baby Face Allen did his part by BLOWING a few WIDE OPEN receivers, I would say that our WR are far from fine. They get no separation. 

Allen made some bad decisions and plays today but he also got mangled about 10 times because his OLINE and RB/TE blocks failed so miserably. Like under 2 seconds and he was toast. 

I dont care if you have Jerry rice on one side and Randy Moss on the other. With no time to throw, forget it   

Every time they actually showed an overhead view of the field today, I saw either an open receiver or a wide open receiver.

If Allen is not going to see or throw to open receivers, you can't B word about our receivers being the problem.

I realize, as a group, they suck by the way.  But it's not a problem until Allen greatly improves.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I loved how the Chargers' DB got an unsportsmanlike penalty for making the little "jaw-jaw" gesture at Zay today. Evidently Zay was trash talking him and then doing absolutely nothing on the field. We know WRs are divas, but the basic rule is "produce first, do the diva act later." Zay has it bass ackwards, much like the way he appeared on that video.

Well, Jones did get the offense 15 free yards and a first down...

43 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Watch other teams around the NFL. Watch them fight for and win 50-50 balls. Watch them catch a short slant and run it in for a TD. We don't get that, how long has it been since we did? Our receivers are awful and until that is fixed no QB will be serviceable. If a 50-50 ball is going to the defender every time then it makes anyone look bad. 

i seen on replays a few times zay was open a lot so was clay  KB on other hand  he seems lost

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Explain to me hos this offense is innovative?  His route concepts? Anything that is different from his other failed NFL stops as OC. That should be fun. Good luck. 

I thought the alley-oop was cool for starters