Josh is rough around the edges but man kid has potential

What I really wanted to see is if Allen passed the eye test of a QB that at least looks competent. He wasn’t chucking passes into the turf so that was good.  He seemed like he belonged out there. I’m not killing him for accuracy because the offensive talent around him is very suspect. I don’t know if the few receivers he has are always in the right places either. 

What I didn’t like was Allen’s inability to make quick decisions.  Sometimes the line gave him like 4-5 seconds and he’d just stand there, surveying the field, then do like a 3 yard dump pass.  I mean if he has that kinda time there should be guys streaking downfield or on a cross pattern.

that being said, Allen looks the part and actually did better than I thought he would. The two INTs, he will learn from and I suspect he will slide or get out of bounds more when he decides to run.  No need taking  unnecessary shots from a LB. 

I love that he is fearless. He didn't have happy feet. Sue he held the ball too long but he's also huge and not likely to get hurt on a hit like a normal QB. He needs to recognize defenses and blitzes and hot reads more. That's a given. But we can get a first down or score from anywhere on the field with him. He has no help. I'm excited. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Positives

Stands tall in the pocket and is not phased by the rush

Goes through his progressions

Can make any throw 

Mobility and toughness

Isn’t Nate Peterman

Negatives

Doesn’t recognize pre-snap looks (shifts, blitzes, protection adjustments)

Footwork regressed today

Drifts sideways under pressure instead of stepping up into a muddy pocket

Doesnt trust his eyes - waits too long to make throws to open receivers 

Mental clock is still too slow

Accuracy remains an issue 

Pretty much agree on all of the above. Still a pretty solid first game. Now let's see if he can correct his shortcomings. For the first game I say this was good, if he looks like this after 8 games, we got an issue.

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

LOL.  Proving my point.  Holy smokes.

If that proved your point, you must live in a mental institution. They aren't the same. And they didn't arrive at the same point in an NFL camp. Once Allen sees a little more, he will take off. But haters like you will be jumping on the bandwagon.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think I read enough of your posts. I stand by what I wrote. You have no idea how Allen is going to turn out. How EJ Manuel played or how people reacted to him are absolutely ridiculous analogies to Allen.

You edited my posts to try to prove your point.  LOL.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Allen's accuracy issues weren't exaggerated at all. 

Can't say I feel great about picking him right now.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

It's posts like these that make me wonder if people actually watch the games.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

He did have some inaccurate passes in some big moments.

Anyone thinking Allen looked more like Watson than he did EJ is fooling themselves.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Now who is delusional?

Peace out...

You know these posts are saved, right?  Fake news baby.

Edited by BringBackOrton

23 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

HE IS A ROOKIE.!!!!!!!!!  trod has been in the league how long? And they threw for the same stats today. And when did Tyrod ever throw over 30 yards on a play? About twice a year?

What does being a rookie have anything to do with throwing with anticipation?  It's just something a QB has or not. Guys that have it, do it in college. Allen has never showed it. 

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

What does being a rookie have anything to do with throwing with anticipation?  It's just something a QB has or not. Guys that have it, do it in college. Allen has never showed it. 

Totally untrue. 

Rookies have all kinds of things on their mind until the game slows down for them. A lot of quarterbacks don't get comfortable or start to throw that kind of thing for a couple years. When ou are not worried about calling the play or knowing the scheme or reading the defense presnap or seeing something for the first time in your life or knowing where all of your WRs are going to be on any given play because you have played with them for a year or two or three it's 10x easier to throw with anticipation. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Really liked what I saw the game wasn’t to big for him just keeps needing more and more reps with his receiversinning attitude--but my god looked like pee wee football

I was disappointed....cant sense the pass rush and has mediocre accuracy. he does have a winning attitude but no knowledge of the basics. C minus

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

this guys ceiling is above avg QB..Bills blew it again

• Haha (+1) 1

Just look at where Bortles is now, with a strong team around him. His first few years in the league, people were calling him a bust. 

Allen is a lot more talented than Bortles. Give him a good supporting cast, and it's obvious he will flourish. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

but we knew TT wasn't going to amount to anything.

Allen is a rookie with a much higher ceiling.

I agree.  Confused by those who thought he was going to be a finished product in his first start.

He improved over week 1 and I expect he will continue to do so over the next 14 weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Why?  Was he amazing?  Head-turning?  He still didn't manage a first down in the first two Q's.  He threw two bad picks.  He made a fair share of bone-headed decisions.

It's EJmania not because they are the same person, but because ya'll are whipping yourselves up into a frenzy that he's proved he's franchise material, just like you did for EJ after his first start or two.   Like Allen threw 4 TD's in a win and "shut up the haters."  Newsflash, he didn't.  He lost in another blowout where we struggled in every facet on offense for the majority of the game.

Such an embarrassing post...  I’m sad for you. :(

• Like (+1) 2