The Amish Rifle- Fitz

wppete

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

He was a Free Agent this past offseason.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Uh, he was a FA and signed in the legal tampering period. The Bills could have most certainly made an offer to him.

I had no idea he was a FA.. I thought he was on a 2 year deal

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

It doesn't matter where he goes.  He starts out as a bum.  Becomes the backup.  And somehow the starter.

Then he explodes for big numbers and exciting play for a few games.  

Next comes the contract extension

Then he sucks

It's Fitzmagic

He was a "bum" in Tampa?

Fitz wasnt good enough for us

zach brown wasnt good enough for us

jason peters wasnt good enough for us

sammy watkins wasnt good enough for us

dareus wasnt good enough for us

marquise goodwin wasnt good enough for us

glenn wasnt good enough for us

gilmore wasnt good enough for us

but here we are, losing 75-9 through 1.5 weeks of the 2018 season. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Fitz wasnt good enough for us

zach brown wasnt good enough for us

jason peters wasnt good enough for us

sammy watkins wasnt good enough for us

dareus wasnt good enough for us

marquise goodwin wasnt good enough for us

glenn wasnt good enough for us

gilmore wasnt good enough for us

but here we are, losing 75-9 through 1.5 weeks of the 2018 season. 

because hanging between 6-10 and 9-7 did wonders for this team.  This team needed to bottom out.  Goodwin is injured again btw lol.

9 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

It doesn't matter where he goes.  He starts out as a bum.  Becomes the backup.  And somehow the starter.

Then he explodes for big numbers and exciting play for a few games.  

Next comes the contract extension

Then he sucks

It's Fitzmagic

He's made like $55 million in his career so far I believe, and I bet he'll find a team that will pay him millions three years from now.  I heard he went to Harvard.

I love Fitz.

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

Fitzpatrick is going off again this week against the Super Bowl champions. At half he has 271 yards and 3 TDS and still counting! Love it! One of my favourite Bills.

Why didn’t we try ro bring him in this offseason to be the perfect mentor for Josh Allan? 

Fitzpatrick would have been the perfect QB for this team, because he could start for a few games and would definitely be a good mentor.   I remember thinking about that before after free agency.  I believe he resigned with Tampa right before the Free Agency period started.  

They never had a chance to sign him, so you can’t fault them for that

34 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Because people don't like Fitz until he's lighting up the Super Bowl champions.

He was thought of as being a "noodle-armed" QB just like Nathan Peterman.

Luckily he won't be playing after week 4 when it traditionally all starts goign down hill quickly for him.

Dont you remember the early season games here he lit teams up? Opening day in KC where we put up 37 and crushed the Chiefs, the early game against the Raiders wher we won on the last second followed by the Patriot game, etc...

He is really good through week 4 before DCs figure him out... Rest of the year not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Luckily he won't be playing after week 4 when it traditionally all starts goign down hill quickly for him.

Dont you remember the early season games here he lit teams up? Opening day in KC where we put up 37 and crushed the Chiefs, the early game against the Raiders wher we won on the last second followed by the Patriot game, etc...

He is really good through week 4 before DCs figure him out... Rest of the year not so much.

To be completely fair though he has never lit it up like this before. Never ever. This is super saiyan Fitz right now.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well, he definitely has the weapons in TB. He isn't dealing with "no-name" WR's in Tampa.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Dude has been in the league like 10 plus years. Hilarious joke though.

55 minutes ago, wppete said:

Fitzpatrick is going off again this week against the Super Bowl champions. At half he has 271 yards and 3 TDS and still counting! Love it! One of my favourite Bills.

Why didn’t we try ro bring him in this offseason to be the perfect mentor for Josh Allan? 

would have loved that but this team doesn't like to bring back players.

I hope Fitz wins them a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2

Fitz succeeding TAM has more to do with the weapons available to him than anything else.  It's a great setup for someone with his level of intelligence to succeed...

He doesn't need to be deadly accurate, he just needs to be willing to throw the ball. -Alot.  And Fitz is always willing to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah dude, right.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2015.htm