Trade for RG3

beacon

3 minutes ago, beacon said:

I meant for a backup to Allen. 

I guess he doesn't...but Peterman is bad. Maybe Moore then, he's a decent vet.

I could be convinced with Moore as I said in which QB to sign thread, i just am less steadfast that a vet brings value to a young QB than most. I just think it is old thinking that people never can define but always think it is essential 

10 minutes ago, beacon said:

Matt Moore maybe. They need another QB somehow. Hope Allen can last the season.  

Matt Moore, Paxton Lynch or Landry Jones. Any of these 3 would be a decent short term stopgap till Allen is "really" ready. Not ready because the fans and media want to see him now. At the risk of immediate injury. 

I would have agreed with this before McD made the Allen announcement but at this point I think we're riding with what we have. If you bring in RG3 now, all you're doing is making Allen look over his shoulder. It's a vote of no confidence right out of the gate. If it had been done beforehand they could have said Allen is still working and developing behind the scenes and RG3 could have started. The way it is now, at least Allen will have the full team behind him (until he craps the bed). That extra confidence and support will help out a lot over the next couple weeks or until he starts having success.

The moment he looks like he's losing confidence, then you pull him and swing a deal but before that point.

Edited by VW82

The Ravens have three QBs on their roster, with a starter that has won a Super Bowl.  The Bills have two QBs on their roster, and neither of them has won a single game. (In fact, neither of them has played an entire game.)  And yet, the question is posed to this Board about whether we could use one of their guys, everyone says 'heck no'!  Interesting.