Hypothetical 2019 scenario, please comment

elltrain22

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Tyrod was Tyrod. Threw for about 200 yds, did a ton with his feet. Got Cleveland their first non loss in a very, very long time. 

Re: Allen, I don’t care about grading him. He’s going to have to learn NFL football. It can be slow or he can rip off the band aid and do it the hard way. 

Based Ed on the display yesterday, this team isn’t contending for anything other than a top draft pick.

may as well incur the pain of onbthe job training now. 

If peterman has any trade value at all, he can’t ever step on regular season field for Buffalo again. 

Our O line is so bad, I don't want Allen to turn into Carr when he was with Houston.   

A tie is a perfect game for TT.  Many more like that one yesterday and ppl will rightfully want Mayfield.  

Just now, Jobot said:

What scares me most is the defense does not have an excuse for being this bad...

Your right.  My armchair analysis: Star is old and washed-up.   LB's , except Milano and Edmunds who looked good, are generally sub-par.   

The secondary was a disaster yesterday, esp. the safety play.  That was crazy.  

1 hour ago, 416BillsFan said:

Knowing the Bills' luck, we'll want to trade down from the #1 pick but no team will be willing to break the bank for it. This is a weird period where almost all teams are set or set-ish at QB.

Depending on Winston I'd say TB might need to draft a QB,.

Also hopefully Giants are awful this year. If they are they definitely would be replacing Eli

1 minute ago, DtownB2 said:

Depending on Winston I'd say TB might need to draft a QB,.

Also hopefully Giants are awful this year. If they are they definitely would be replacing Eli

TB might want to get rid of Winston but it's hard to see NYG giving away capital to move up to draft a QB after passing at #2 last year.

Based on McBeane's short history here, which includes which players they cut, trade or let walk, and the FAs and draft picks they make, there is zero reason to believe they can identify talent. That they would commit so heavily to Vlad, Benjamin, Peterman, that they would open the season with only two very suspect and inexperienced QBs on the roster, that a receiver who always seemed to get open and nearly always catch the ball (Reilly) is cut while the roster WRs seemingly can do neither, that Clay continues to get the starts...these and about a dozen other head scratchers, make me feel like Team McBeane are , like Peterman, who they chose when they could have had Mahomes, they're just not competent enough for the NFL. But first, "We'll have to look at the tape."

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Only way we are getting a haul for the #1 pick is if a QB everyone wants is sitting there.  I'm sure our current braintrust and some fans will disagree, but I'm skeptical we'll see enough from Allen to not strongly consider taking that QB (be it Herbert, Haskins, Stidham, Grier, etc) for ourselves.

Realistically, best case scenario, we are awful, end up with pick #1, yet Allen shows tremendous promise, allowing us to trade pick #1 for pick ~#5 plus a future 1st or two and some 2nds and 3rds.  Then we still likely get a stud DL (Oliver, Bosa, Gary, Raekwon Davis) and a bevy of picks to reload.

This!

2019 and 2020 Firsts and seconds with the 2019 first being top 10.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Our O line is so bad, I don't want Allen to turn into Carr when he was with Houston.   

A tie is a perfect game for TT.  Many more like that one yesterday and ppl will rightfully want Mayfield.  

Your right.  My armchair analysis: Star is old and washed-up.   LB's , except Milano and Edmunds who looked good, are generally sub-par.   

The secondary was a disaster yesterday, esp. the safety play.  That was crazy.  

If the guy is going to be a good player, he is going to have to learn with live fire.

Manning made it abundantly clear his losing rookie campaign was the most important of his career. 

I no longer buy that QBs can be wrecked.  Superior talent will always rise to the top. 

If pkaying behind a shotty line can wreck Allen, then Allen isn’t the guy. 

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Depends a lot on Allen, if they determine he has a good shot at success then we are free to do whatever. If Allen doesn't look good, we have to go QB.  As far asa trading down, if they are sold on Bosa or Oliver take them, esp since kyle will be gone and  we have a lot of picks as it is.  

No matter how bad Allen looks this year, there is zero chance they spend a first round pick on another qb.

4 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

Yes, I am already  bringing up 2019. We are terrible, in every sense of the word. I think we are a 4-win, at best, team. With that said, I anticipate we'll be in the top 3 for next year's NFL draft. So, here's my hypothetical question. If we are drafting at #1 next year, would  you rather take Oliver or Bosa at #1 pick, or move down to 4, 5, or 6, get a nice package of 2nd and 3rd round picks, and draft O-line & WR. What say you??

Move down get LEGIT WEAPONS and OL for your young QB

42 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Denial of reality?  LOL, ok so you know the reality of the future.  Got it.

Look another person who thinks the bills will pick a qb at the top of the draft lol. Unless Allen has a career ending injury he will be the bills qb for the next couple of years. Unless maybe you could actually provide some type of proof or evidence of this being possible like giving one example of this ever happening. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you have a generational pass rusher available, I say you take him.  

Not this time.  Remember Maybin?  (  By the way, that dude is a great person. He is teaching in an inner city school with a mission).  We can't put all the eggs in one basket.  Trade the #1 -> #4 pick for a first and second this year plus a first next year.   That gives 3 shots and half of an offensive line.