Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude just stop.  Your comments are beyond stupid and ignorant.  No one is against cops, they are against social injustice.  If you think it doesn’t exist then you aren’t more delusional than anyone’s ever been on this board.  Let’s exchange phone numbers in PM and I will put on the phone with people who I know from Southern California law enforcement who will tell you straight to your face that not only does it exist, they literally have been given QUOTAS for arresting minorities while on duty and that Caucasian’s were not even issued warnings for things more severe than they would arrest minorities for.  You ignorance to what this topic is Actually is stunning.  

While I won’t stoop to calling you stupid, you certainly seem ignorant. Plenty of people are against cops, authority etc. if you don’t believe that, you are delusional. “ social injustice “ is a nonsensical buzzword, a meaningless term intended to incite. One must do something to get arrested ( unless it’s a false accusation or mistaken identity), regardless of your race or social status. Implying that an equal number of arrests of all races should take place so that some type of liberal view of “ justice” can be obtained is so dumb I don’t know where to begin. Don’t do anything illegal, and follow instructions should you come into contact with law enforcement and you will be fine. It’s not hard. It’s like saying “ I got a parking ticket but that car there didn’t get caught. It’s not fair!” Life isn’t fair.Follow the rules.  Believe what you want with your conspiracy theories. 

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

From the NBCNews link you provided:

"According to data from Edison Trends, online sales of Nike products jumped 31 percent between the Sunday before and the Tuesday after Labor Day, nearly double last year’s 17 percent increase over the same time period."

Read past the headlines one time for me bro.  

He wasn't suing them at the time of trying to purchase the Bills. 

Think really really hard about this one.

Exhibit A: We have the NFLPA suing the NFL over its anthem policy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-anthem/nfl-policy-to-stop-anthem-protests-challenged-by-players-union-idUSKBN1K02F2?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+(News+%2F+US+%

Exhibit B: Tom Brady sues NFL over deflate gate suspension. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2533344-tom-brady-deflategate-lawsuit-vs-nfl-latest-details-comments-and-reaction.amp.html

Care to rephrase your bs counter-argument? 

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

While I won’t stoop to calling you stupid, you certainly seem ignorant. Plenty of people are against cops, authority etc. if you don’t believe that, you are delusional. “ social injustice “ is a nonsensical buzzword, a meaningless term intended to incite. One must do something to get arrested ( unless it’s a false accusation or mistaken identity), regardless of your race or social status. Implying that an equal number of arrests of all races should take place so that some type of liberal view of “ justice” can be obtained is so dumb I don’t know where to begin. Don’t do anything illegal, and follow instructions should you come into contact with law enforcement and you will be fine. It’s not hard. It’s like saying “ I got a parking ticket but that car there didn’t get caught. It’s not fair!” Life isn’t fair.Follow the rules.  Believe what you want with your conspiracy theories. 

Post is so beyond logic and reasoning it’s not worth commenting on.  

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, Rico said:

Kaep is a total clown, but I would MUCH rather see him on the Bills than Peterman (a different kind of total clown).

The irony here is that the question probably is not one of whether the Bills might chose to do Kaep a favor and take him, but instead would  Kaep chose to take the risk of becoming a Bill.

My sense is the Bills would be foolish and desperate and not operating in our team's best interest to invest in Kaep whose skills were ceclining even as he made himself unmarketable with the kneeling.

His time being out of the league would make him likely a foolish pick-up for the Bills.

However the real issue is likely that if the Bills were foolish enough to offer Kaep would be an even bigger fool to accept playing behind our undertalented OLfor a learning the game OC, with no real QB starter, a D which is not good enuf to pick-up for a troubled O.

Kaep likely is better off with a big contract from Nike, the adoration of those who like a guy who stands up (or kneels down in this case) to the man and also muddies the water in his collusion case against the NFL.

The Bills should NOT go for Kaep because it is quite doubtful it fits his needs to run for his life behind our OL.

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That a-hole you refer to has very strong approval ratings amongst citizens who would describe themselves as Republican. Obviously Nike thinks Kaep is good for business. They just are going after a different demographic. The owner of Nike May also lean towards Kaep on the issue, where many NFL owners don’t. Nike got some backlash, but they chose to not care about those customers. I’m not the one who needs to re think anything here. We’re talking about multi billion dollar corporations. There is evidence that many NFL fans are turned off by Kaep. It’s just who you choose to listen to. 

Like I said, we don't really know. We should stop pretending either way that we do.  (Also, small point, but the percentage of self-identifying Republicans vis a vis Dems and Independents in national polls has been shrinking, so that should be factored in.)

Having said all of this, he will NEVER play for Buffalo. I don't lose sleep over the issue.

Edited by dave mcbride

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

nope, he wouldn't just come in and turn the team around. Some of those 32 teams have Peterman as a starter, Cassell as a backup, AJ as a backup, not sure how bright they are. I'd be pretty confident saying that with a full training camp, Kaep would be better than Peterman.

Probably but what does that get you? An extra 2 wins? From 2 wins to 4 wins?

Not worth the headaches.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude just stop.  Your comments are beyond stupid.  No one is against cops, they are against social injustice.  If you think it doesn’t exist then you aren’t more delusional than anyone’s ever been on this board.  Let’s exchange phone numbers in PM and I will put on the phone with people who I know from Southern California law enforcement who will tell you straight to your face that not only does it exist, they literally have been given QUOTAS for arresting minorities while on duty and that Caucasian’s were not even issued warnings for things more severe than they would arrest minorities for.  You ignorance to what this topic is Actually is stunning.  

PS:  I bet you believe all police shootings are warranted and just too.

Image result for pig socks

Thanks for playing.

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Image result for pig socks

Thanks for playing.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA are you f-ing serious....hahahahahhaa...this is what you got your panties in a wad for???  hahahahaha geezus.  So theses socks somehow mean he hates all cops?!?!?!  You do realize his stance was against bad cops, not against ALL cops right?   

Not kidding, sitting in a restaurant and laughed out loud when you sent this pic, made my morning.  The fact grown men are getting into an uproar and creating a false narrative over a pair of socks is hilarious.   

You do realize he addressed the socks right after he wore them in this pic right?  Here is his exact quote:

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

Not to mention, he has REPEATEDLY stated that he doesn't hate cops and that his stance are against corrupt and rogue cops.  But keep making false narratives off a pic haha.  Good luck with that.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, KingRex said:

The irony here is that the question probably is not one of whether the Bills might chose to do Kaep a favor and take him, but instead would  Kaep chose to take the risk of becoming a Bill.

My sense is the Bills would be foolish and desperate and not operating in our team's best interest to invest in Kaep whose skills were ceclining even as he made himself unmarketable with the kneeling.

His time being out of the league would make him likely a foolish pick-up for the Bills.

However the real issue is likely that if the Bills were foolish enough to offer Kaep would be an even bigger fool to accept playing behind our undertalented OLfor a learning the game OC, with no real QB starter, a D which is not good enuf to pick-up for a troubled O.

Kaep likely is better off with a big contract from Nike, the adoration of those who like a guy who stands up (or kneels down in this case) to the man and also muddies the water in his collusion case against the NFL.

The Bills should NOT go for Kaep because it is quite doubtful it fits his needs to run for his life behind our OL.

It would be difficult for Kaep to turn down any NFl roster offer, I would think.  He can't claim persecution/collusion if an offer is made and he refuses it.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA are you f-ing serious....hahahahahhaa...this is what you got your panties in a wad for???  hahahahaha geezus.  So theses socks somehow mean he hates all cops?!?!?!  You do realize his stance was against bad cops, not against ALL cops right?   

Not kidding, sitting in a restaurant and laughed out loud when you sent this pic, made my morning.  The fact grown men are getting into an uproar and creating a false narrative over a pair of socks is hilarious.   

You do realize he addressed the socks right after he wore them in this pic right?  Here is his exact quote:

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

Not to mention, he has REPEATEDLY stated that he doesn't hate cops and that his stance are against corrupt and rogue cops.  But keep making false narratives off a pic haha.  Good luck with that.

If a player tweeted out a racial slur, is it fine as long as he later tweets that he was only talking about the bad ones? 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

If a player tweeted out a racial slur, is it fine as long as he later tweets that he was only talking about the bad ones? 

LMAO at the attempt to connect the two as if thats remotely similar.  

And why don’t ask Josh Allen that question bud ? 

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Got it. You're not logically consistent. Your feelings are important.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2018 at 2:04 AM, billsblood said:

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

That is literally the very LAST thing this team needs. I'm not sure why it is so difficult for people to understand that there is no lipstick you can put on this pig.

The team is simply going to suck this year as they go into the rebuild process evaluating and planning for the long term. Bringing in someone like Kaep, especially if his nutbag girlfriend comes along on the ticket, is just about the dumbest thing that could be done at OBD.

The team is bad, there is no single fix that will change that this year, so you need to play like a golfer who is out of the hole: don't get crazy...just use the strokes that now mean nothing on this hole to practice and plan for the next hole.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

7 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I get it, cops are an easy target to some and so they don't think it's a big deal.  Just like different races are an easy target to some.  Alpha has more in common with racists than he thinks.  Poetic.

Why is this even a topic? Some shill for kaep comes on the air with Murphy and Tasker and now we have to discuss this? Give it a rest, he's not coming here or any other team. He had one maybe 2 good years and fell off a cliff after that. Not happening, nor would I want that. 

He's better than Peterman. So I'm for it. And he'll take a lot of hits, so the racists can get what they want. Seems like a great compromise to me.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'm not on that guys side, but those socks were an extremely immature and poor move for someone who wants to be a leader.

He's not intelligent enough for it. I don't disagree with his cause, but he is totally horrendous at it. Taking money from sweat shop Nike on the low while acting like you're giving up everything to fight for justice for all is completely hypocritical. He is an ass.

• Like (+1) 1