Fitzmagic!!

"NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Ryan Fitzpatrick highlighted a 417-yard, four-touchdown performance with two scoring strikes of more than 50 yards, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers stunned the New Orleans Saints 48-40 on Sunday. "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/09/fitzpatrick-bucs-stun-saints-48-40/37766377/

Hope he takes them to the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, StrikeParry said:

Fitz throwing for 400 every week and keeping that manchild Jameis holding the clipboard? Yes please. 

if this happened...the NFL world would be lit on fire, turned upside down, and scattered to oblivion. kyper would have to be locked away, gruden would be filming a "wtf happened" qb show in his basement, jerry sullivan would be running naked through the streets screaming something incoherent yet insanely negative...and TBD would go collectively insane!

but i do love me some fitz!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Amazing performance...

Let’s give him some credit for the game yesterday...

Consistency has always been his issue though..

Yep. I too like the guy and he wish him the best but consistency has never been his strong point. But I'd take him on the team now LOL

IMO, he has stayed in the league so long because of his bold style of play.  Even though it often backfires, he will constantly feed the ball to the players he trusts even when he shouldn't.  The players around him appreciate that because it will get them better contracts.   The list is a long one of guys who produced more with Fitz pulling the trigger than otherwise.   Throwing blocks, taking hits in the pocket and diving head first for extra yardage, first downs and touchdowns goes a long way in building credibility within the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

To me Fitz has always been a poor man's Chad Pennington: he doesn't have the arm but he does have the brains. I think of Top Gun slightly altered, "Son, you're brain is writing checks your body can't cash."

Fitz's roast of Whaley was an all-time Bills great moment. He was a terrific teammate and loved how much he got out of Stevie and Spiller....in hindsight, Gailey's undoing was his Defensive hire, but man he did he make hay out of chicken-stuff on Offense. 

59 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

To me Fitz has always been a poor man's Chad Pennington: he doesn't have the arm but he does have the brains. I think of Top Gun slightly altered, "Son, you're brain is writing checks your body can't cash."

Fitz's roast of Whaley was an all-time Bills great moment. He was a terrific teammate and loved how much he got out of Stevie and Spiller....in hindsight, Gailey's undoing was his Defensive hire, but man he did he make hay out of chicken-stuff on Offense. 

I don't really agree with this to be honest. One of Fitz's biggest issues is that he doesn't recognize his own weaknesses. He's a smart guy in general, but he's not intelligent about who he is as a player. Pennington understood his limitations and took them into account with the way he played the game and that allowed him to be a very good starting QB. Fitzpatrick has a weak arm and still tries to throw balls into windows that he has absolutely zero chance of throwing it through and that's why he's always been a journeyman backup QB.

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really agree with this to be honest. One of Fitz's biggest issues is that he doesn't recognize his own weaknesses. He's a smart guy in general, but he's not intelligent about who he is as a player. Pennington understood his limitations and took them into account with the way he played the game and that allowed him to be a very good starting QB. Fitzpatrick has a weak arm and still tries to throw balls into windows that he has absolutely zero chance of throwing it through and that's why he's always been a journeyman backup QB.

Fair enough that you disagree, but the highlighted portion is why I called him a "poor man's" version of Pennington because he would try to do things his arm just wasn't capable of doing but pushed the limit anyways. But they both could read Defenses and both could anticipate, but as you said the difference is Pennington was very much aware of his limitations whereas Fitz continued to try and will it into existence. As for the second portion, technically just because he started for a few years in Buffalo that's an inaccurate statement. I get your larger point in that essentially that's who he actually is, but that's not what his status has always been. 

This is ironic. There is another thread right now about how annoying it is to lament that good players have been traded away.  

I like to to root for Fitz.  He seems to be a good guy, and he is always the underdog. 

We we all know that Fitzmagic is only good for about four games and then the magic is lost due to his old age, aches and pains, lack of arm strength, questionable decision making in the fourth quarter, other teams game planning better, etc.

Maybe it won’t even last for four games since he’s getting older, and everyone has seen his weaknesses before. 

Best qb of the day!  The only thing that go me through football yesterday was Fitz and Rodgers.  From his first throw, you can tell it was going to be a hot Fitz day.  I will always irrationally Fitz.  Dude gives it everything he has and plays like he is Brett Farve.

its also sad to see how other teams play football while we have been watching high school offense for the last 5 years. 

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

IMO, he has stayed in the league so long because of his bold style of play.  Even though it often backfires, he will constantly feed the ball to the players he trusts even when he shouldn't.  The players around him appreciate that because it will get them better contracts.   The list is a long one of guys who produced more with Fitz pulling the trigger than otherwise.   Throwing blocks, taking hits in the pocket and diving head first for extra yardage, first downs and touchdowns goes a long way in building credibility within the locker room.

No 3rd and kitty for Fitz.