So this is “The Process”?

The Senator

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hey “the process” in 2018 could be a code word for “the tanking”. Remember they were accused of tanking in 2017 only to sneak into the playoffs? For what it’s worth McD is 9-9 as an NFL head coach. 

9-9 is fine enough but probably not worth much in the discussion of if he’s the guy.

15 minutes ago, 87168 said:

the "process" is just a vague term used to brush off or explain poor performances. not sure why people gobble it up.

McD has set this team back drastically.

Gutting decent players just so you can have it your way. 

Doesn't always workout as planned. as for projected 90 million in cap space next year

is useless when the GM hands out 50 million 30 million guarnteed contracts

to ex panther JAG tackles. Who are worth nowhere near that contract.

Don't trust the rookie HC & GM much after today. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Didn't we all feel this way last season after the Saints & Chargers games?

Yep

6 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Gutting decent players just so you can have it your way. 

Doesn't always workout as planned. as for projected 90 million in cap space next year

is useless when the GM hands out 50 million 30 million guarnteed contracts

to ex panther JAG tackles. Who are worth nowhere near that contract.

Don't trust the rookie HC & GM much after today. 

10 mill per year is the going rate for run stuffing dts like Star, Poe and Brandon Williams 

A lot of penalties and some of them wiped out good plays. The starting QB was pulled before half time. The game was over by the half. 

I wanted a competitive team. It's not losing as much as losing convincingly. No passing game and no run game and the defense didn't show signs of life until it was too late. 

It was a total disaster in all phases of the game. Really pathetic display today. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't care. I want a top pick. That's what this was for. We are all in for 2019. 

what makes you think this teams can improve by 2019? If they are as bad as today they need more than a top pick

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

what makes you think this teams can improve by 2019? If they are as bad as today they need more than a top pick

Because we have an absurd amount of free money, 10 draft picks and (hopefully) a franchise QB at the helm. Just suffer one year and we can do it. 

I posted this in the fire Brandon Beane thread and feel like this applies here. I think he saw reality last year after the Jags game and realized there were too many holes on this team with no enough young talent moving forward. This is the tank year that everyone thought would happen last year.

I said it after the playoff game last year, this team had nothing to look forward to this year. They had no franchise QB, too much dead money for this year, and barely and young players to look forward to that could grow with the team. The only good young talent we had was White, and potentially Dawkins and Milano and the jury is still out and how much of a core piece the last two are. The primary challenge was to find your future QB. They drafted one at the expense of using a lot of draft capital and Glenn to get him and then traded up again for Edmunds.

Remember when we all use to laugh at how bad the Bills drafts use to be during the drought well here's a look at who is still on this team from the past 6 drafts which should make up most of your young core going forward. Now some of this is because Of Whaley and Beane letting people go or trading them so some of this is self-induced which is why I think people are upset.

2018 Allen project, Edmunds also raw and young, potentially Phillips?

2017 White, Dawkins, Milano

2016 Lawson bust

2015 John Miller lol

2014 -

2013 -

Some young talent we've let go are Chris Hogan, Bobby Woods, Sammy Watkins, Goodwin, E.J. Gaines, Darby, Gilmore, Glenn, Henderson, Alonso, Preston Brown, Marcel Dareus. Even though I agreed trying to move on from Fitz and Tyrod they are still proven vets that are better than anything we currently have.  We now have older vets like McCoy, Clay who is invisible, Benjamin who can't catch the ball. Wood and Incognito retire and what are you left with? Nothing!

This team blows and unfortunately the only play at this point is to be horrible and get the #1 pick. I hope Beane saw this too and maybe he was trying to tank this year. Hopefully we don't ruin Allen in the "process". Then you need to trade that #1 for hopefully as much capital as you can get and mix that with free agency money next year which to be honest they probably shouldn't go crazy and overspend. Just a few solid veteran players would be nice and keep stock piling future picks if possible. They really need to take a look at trading McCoy if possible for his sake and the sake of building this team for the future because right now it's a !@#$ing dumpster fire.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't care. I want a top pick. That's what this was for. We are all in for 2019. 

And how do you know that?  And who says that top pick will do anything if the rest of the team is not up to par.  Bills fans always say this..next year...next year...how many times has that worked out.  I just think its sad that all we care about is high picks.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The process includes paying 47 million dollars to guys who are not here and that we’re not getting it done, so they get a good draft pick and start next year with 60 million to spend in free agency. 

This season was always going to be brutal. If you expected something else, I applaud your optimism. 

Ah, the "wait 'til next year" line!  That's what "trust the process" means from the Bills coaching staff and FO, just as it always has.   Bills fans have been "trusting the process" for this entire century and all they've gotten for being true believers is 3 9-7 seasons, 1 playoff appearance,  an embarrassing opening day loss in 2018, and another promise of the team being "better" next year.