So this is “The Process”?

The Senator

25 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Clearing that was the point of the post...you must not have understood.  That would be the success.  But we need to build on that.  Not make the playoffs and then have another garbage year where we are "rebuilding"

Last year, a bunch of vets played their hearts out and got lucky to make the playoffs on a team with a -57 point differential. 2 pro bowlers from that team are no longer in football, the rest aged, and they are paying 50 million to players not on the roster. And the #1 pick isn't contributing because he needs to develop. 

What's so hard to understand about the process? Beane tried to fix it with smoke and mirrors last year and this with short term cap friendly contracts to aging vets, but until the team clears age and cap hell, there's not a great foundation in Buffalo. There is literally NOTHING to build on for the 3-4 year future from last year except Dawkins and White...maybe Milano. No other player from 2017-2018 will be on the team in 2020. Think about how bad that is.

That is the turd sandwich courtesy of Whaley and Ryan. There is no quick fix, but the fixing starts over the next two years. Hopefully after 3 years of drafting and smarter cap management, the team can start to resemble something. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Last year, a bunch of vets played their hearts out and got lucky to make the playoffs on a team with a -57 point differential. 2 pro bowlers from that team are no longer in football, the rest aged, and they are paying 50 million to players not on the roster. And the #1 pick isn't contributing because he needs to develop. 

What's so hard to understand about the process? Beane tried to fix it with smoke and mirrors last year and this with short term cap friendly contracts to aging vets, but until the team clears age and cap hell, there's not a great foundation in Buffalo. There is literally NOTHING to build on for the 3-4 year future from last year except Dawkins and White...maybe Milano. No other player from 2017-2018 will be on the team in 2020. Think about how bad that is.

That is the turd sandwich courtesy of Whaley and Ryan. There is no quick fix, but the fixing starts over the next two years. Hopefully after 3 years of drafting and smarter cap management, the team can start to resemble something. 

Believe me i understand where you are coming.  And you very well maybe right.  But we have heard this song and dance every season...oh in 2 to 3 years all will be fixed...but so far it hasn't happened 

11 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Believe me i understand where you are coming.  And you very well maybe right.  But we have heard this song and dance every season...oh in 2 to 3 years all will be fixed...but so far it hasn't happened 

Don't get me wrong: I have no idea if McDermott and Beane are the guys to do it. But I also know that if we just run them out of town after 3 years, it's not fair. They probably got the worst cap and age situation handed to them in the last 20 years. 

The playoffs last year were against all odds. And we all knew it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

On 9/9/2018 at 6:05 PM, The Senator said:

Mc Stupid puts the least prepared, most undertalented, most undisciplined, most undercosched squadron the field, and starts perhaps the worst QB of all time, and we’re supposed to”trust the process”?

15-1 Baby 

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Don't get me wrong: I have no idea if McDermott and Beane are the guys to do it. But I also know that if we just run them out of town after 3 years, it's not fair. They probably got the worst cap and age situation handed to them in the last 20 years. 

Plus they got surprised by an OL situation they couldn't have anticipated, with Woods having a career-ending neck issue and Incognito having a career-ending personality issue.

This was going to be pretty much a lost year from the start.

• Like (+1) 1

The process is an excuse to hang on to the job even if the GM sucks. That's what the 76ers did. I'd prefer to be like the Celtics where we just gave a good GM rather than a guy that tells us "this'll take a while.. I just need a couple of years of high draft picks cause it makes my job easier"

And I've been forcefed dumb as dirt posts that just create ludicrous excuses and rationale for why we are here with "the process" regurgitated in between sentences so often they don't make sense.

"We need PROCESS players to complete THE PROCESS so that we have a PROCESS team and a PROCESS playoff run cause I know PROCESS when I see it and PROCESS is experimenting with crappy cheap PROCESS players because Peterman embodies the PROCESS and if you do not agree you are not a fan"

Christ this off-season was full of Bills paid media interns shoving process down our throats.. and yes maybe I have a little conspiracy theorist in me, but I've heard enough ludicrous explanations of why "it's all good man" that I'm calling out process deniers. Like after the 3rd preseason game, "you peanut brains just don't get it, Daboll is experimenting with the O Line PROCESS"... Okay man, sounds like HE HASN'T FIGURED IT OUT AND WE'RE ABOUT TO PLAY WEEK ONE. HOPEFULLY HE GETS HIS DAMN EXPERIMENT RIGHT, or maybe just maybe, no experimenting makes the utter lack of talent there redeemable.

McD is acting like a clown

Don’t act like getting blown out 3 or 4 times in your short tenure is part of the “process”.

Don’t cut good, possession WRs and Tight end when we are desperate for possession receivers?

Don’t act like Peterman did some good things in the game. I like Peterman but he did NOTHING good in that game. 

Don’t try to sell that the QB starter for LA is undecided when everyone in NFL nation outside of Buffalo says Peterman should never ever start another game in NFL history.  So Sean is right but every other person in the country is wrong??

The Pegula's have yet to hire a GM/HC either on the Bills or Sabres that proves they know what they are doing.  Wake me up when they hire an experienced executive(team president or VP of Bills/Sabres operations) who will make all decisions on the sports side of the business.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Last year's wins were smoke and mirrors, as you know. That was a miraculous season in terms of results for what was closer to a 5-11 team in talent. The only reason they got to 9-7 was because of crazy turnover ratios in the first several games of the season. 

So take the 5 win team and add some spice of: Incognito loses his mind and Woods retires. That's not something they could have predicted. Now draft a guy at #7 that they need to develop (and they do), and you also have a first round talent who's not helping this season, which makes them worse. 

Then add that last year, they were getting *some* production from the players they are paying 47 million in dead cap space to this year. (The only guy with moderate talent that they gave up for little was Dareus and his was the worst of all contracts. )

All this amounts to what is, indeed, a building process. When the Sixers used "Trust the Process," all the fans knew that it meant they would be tanking for a few years to get good picks and jettison terrible contracts. And slowly build a culture. It did not happen in 2 years, or even 4. And it was not a steady rise. You cannot fix something this broken (You do remember Rex Ryan right? Not to mention decades of awful management...this team has barely a draft pick on it from the last 5 years!) in a couple years. It will take a whole bunch of years for the organization and team to reflect what this duo+Kim is trying to do, and this year should be the worst one. 

If you want to attack Star, AJ, Davis, and Murphy signings, I get it. But with the exception of AJ, they are on one-year deals and never part of the future. Beane took a flyer that some vets might help patch something together this season. After one game, I won't judge all of those decisions but I also don't care much. Of course I want them to win, but I'd rather have 3-13 this year, clear this cap hell they are in, and look for improvement next year. If this team isn't markedly better after year 4, with a better cast of players and a team trending upwards towards what looks like several years of playoff appearances, there's a problem. Right now, there's not.

What I know won't work: Firing another coach/GM after 17 games like the "Fan Owners" want. That's been proven for, umm, 30 ish years in Buffalo.

You need like two good players in the NBA. 

The Sixers comparison is absurd on it's face.

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Plus they got surprised by an OL situation they couldn't have anticipated, with Woods having a career-ending neck issue and Incognito having a career-ending personality issue.

This was going to be pretty much a lost year from the start.

It's times like this that I actually like hearing Yeezus freak out.. cause it's refreshing from the insane explanations of how we're going to win the SB in 5 years through PROCESS.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

You need like two good players in the NBA. 

The Sixers comparison is absurd on it's face.

It's not if we coined the term from them. The premise is that a GM needs time to really get it right no matter how bad it gets. It's an excuse to suck because you have hope on the 5% chance these guys know how to fill out a roster. They certainly know how to create crippling gaps in a roster.

That's my only comparison. The process in Philly was to buy time and keep the fans brainwashed into not rioting over how bad they were.. we can't let it happen here boys

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

It's times like this that I actually like hearing Yeezus freak out.. cause it's refreshing from the insane explanations of how we're going to win the SB in 5 years through PROCESS.

It's not if we coined the term from them. The premise is that a GM needs time to really get it right no matter how bad it gets. It's an excuse to suck because you have hope on the 5% chance these guys know how to fill out a roster. They certainly know how to create crippling gaps in a roster.

That's my only comparison. The process in Philly was to buy time and keep the fans brainwashed into not rioting over how bad they were.. we can't let it happen here boys

Right. But my point is that a valid argument can be made for "tanking" in the NBA.

When you're "tanking" in the NFL, it's because you have no idea what you're doing.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. But my point is that a valid argument can be made for "tanking" in the NBA.

When you're "tanking" in the NFL, it's because you have no idea what you're doing.

I know. And I get the strong feeling we are doing that is my primary frustration. The NBA is totally different. But the term "the process" was widely accepted as a tactic the 76ers FO did to placate fans on a crap team because he wasn't as good as the best NBA GM, Celtics Ainge, and had to compensate by tanking.. and his team is still probably not as good as the Celtics who were always in win now mode. 

That's the only comparison we're making. I'd say the best GM in a similar situation to us is John Elway. Never had a quarterback did well in free agency.. has his version of a developmental flyer QB in Chad Kelly (our Peterman) but he's not dumb enough to start him, he got the QB he wanted in Case Keenum for a good deal. Has he had some disappointing years? Absolutely but he never called anything a process, he takes the guys he has and tries to IMPROVE it. Not destroy it. And doesn't hide behind the process to buy him a few years of sucking like our performance Sunday. He takes accountability and wants to get better. Another big difference.. he didn't roll into this season with Chad Kelly cause he's not dumb. And I'm pretty sure 80% of QBs on the roster are miles better than Peterman. The other 20% probably suck.. but a. They don't start, and b. They're not running out putting historically bad performances.

I'm asking for a GM with talent and confidence not to admit "we're gonna suck but you gotta trust me here.. cause I can't compete with the wizardry the other GMs are doing.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Exactly how don’t people see this and how didn’t they prepare for it 

Anybody else think I'm crazy for assuming some guy named "GimmeSomeProcess" is a paid Bills media guy to placate us to accept our team because "we don't get it" just explain to me exactly how the cap situation couldn't have been manouvred better instead of repeating "you don't get the end it"? Because I've seen teams recover from that pretty darn quickly when a new GM shows up.

Btw I'm being a little toungue in cheek conspiracy theorist here i'm joking a bit calling you a paid Bills propagandist.. cause I do like optimism and like to be optimistic. I just vehemently disagree with how our team looks and fail to see the silver lining, and don't like hearing "it was the only way, there was no other way we recover from that last crap GM" like it's the president blaming everything on his predecessor. Beane comes off as a politician trying to make any excuse to stick around for 5 years cause Whaley REALLY ****Ed up apparently

28 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I know. And I get the strong feeling we are doing that is my primary frustration. The NBA is totally different. But the term "the process" was widely accepted as a tactic the 76ers FO did to placate fans on a crap team because he wasn't as good as the best NBA GM, Celtics Ainge, and had to compensate by tanking.. and his team is still probably not as good as the Celtics who were always in win now mode. 

That's the only comparison we're making. I'd say the best GM in a similar situation to us is John Elway. Never had a quarterback did well in free agency.. has his version of a developmental flyer QB in Chad Kelly (our Peterman) but he's not dumb enough to start him, he got the QB he wanted in Case Keenum for a good deal. Has he had some disappointing years? Absolutely but he never called anything a process, he takes the guys he has and tries to IMPROVE it. Not destroy it. And doesn't hide behind the process to buy him a few years of sucking like our performance Sunday. He takes accountability and wants to get better. Another big difference.. he didn't roll into this season with Chad Kelly cause he's not dumb. And I'm pretty sure 80% of QBs on the roster are miles better than Peterman. The other 20% probably suck.. but a. They don't start, and b. They're not running out putting historically bad performances.

I'm asking for a GM with talent and confidence not to admit "we're gonna suck but you gotta trust me here.. cause I can't compete with the wizardry the other GMs are doing.

Exactly. Compounding matters is that Beane has brought in a number of players and they've all been sh*t.

I'd be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt(cause I have no choice) had the free agents he HAS acquired looked like solid moves. That really seems to be getting lost in this whole ponzi scheme.

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I hear ya.  I think they do deserve their shot.  And i like McDermott.  I just want this regime to be the one.  Its just tough sitting threw a season where you maynot even be competitive