Bucky Brooks: Nathan Peterman Will Be "Human Pinata" Behind Bad Offensive Line

26CornerBlitz

This offense is basically a mold of New Englands offense.

That being said, if Brady was behind this Oline Bucky would never say this.  Cause he gets the ball out quick and makes good decisions.

That being said, if the proper concepts are being called/play calls, allowing Peterman to get the ball out quickly, passing when the defense thinks we are running etc, Peterman should be fine.  That being said, if Peterman is being hit a lot, it may be because of Peterman and not the Oline.  (not saying this Oline is amazing, but he wouldn't say this if it was Brady)

Honestly... what make New Englands Oline so Great?! Oh yeah, Tom Brady and keeping the D on their heels.  Bucky is an Idiot!

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Look again at Peterman's play in the 1st PS game.  He was under tremendous pressure, but the ball was already gone before they got there. 

Cover1 points out the timing.

My concern isn't the pressure, it's whether Peterman's improved ability to decode Ds and make the right call (aided by Daboll's pre-snap motion and misdirection plays) will keep him from his Achilles heel - misreading the D and throwing to the other team.

We'll see.

On a couple of occasions he was.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 1st preseason game was a picnic compared to what the Bengals and Browns brought regarding pressure with their respective 1st team DLs in games 2 and 3.   McCarron and Allen were under siege. 

It was pretty obvious to me that the further into the preseason, the tougher the defenses. It hardly looked like the Panthers were bringing it. And all three qbs did well against the 2s and 3s for the most part until the last game. So much depends on Dabolls play calling and liNE play. The Bengal game was about as horrible a first half for a team as a whole as it can get. How do you judge anything by that? You hope to just throw it out. Daboll didn't do Allen any favors by switching up and experimenting with a line that was so bad anyway. And going vanilla sure didn't help. I would hope NP could shine with the 1st team offense on the field against their 2s. It gave him confidence and allowed for a good showing. I have no doubt Allen couldnt have done as well or better in that position.  It is preseason crap, who knows what the staff was doing.

7 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

This offense is basically a mold of New Englands offense.

That being said, if Brady was behind this Oline Bucky would never say this.  Cause he gets the ball out quick and makes good decisions.

That being said, if the proper concepts are being called/play calls, allowing Peterman to get the ball out quickly, passing when the defense thinks we are running etc, Peterman should be fine.  That being said, if Peterman is being hit a lot, it may be because of Peterman and not the Oline.  (not saying this Oline is amazing, but he wouldn't say this if it was Brady)

Honestly... what make New Englands Oline so Great?! Oh yeah, Tom Brady and keeping the D on their heels.  Bucky is an Idiot!

You are assuming NP plays like Brady. Lol.

4 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

You are assuming NP plays like Brady. Lol.

No....I'm not.

I'm saying If Peterman gets ragged dolled it may because of Peterman (that's a possibility no?), because I feel Brady would be fine behind our Oline, plus I'm asking what is so great about New Englands Oline? Saying Brady makes the Oline always look better.  Long story short, Buckys point is somewhat moot.

8 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

It was pretty obvious to me that the further into the preseason, the tougher the defenses. It hardly looked like the Panthers were bringing it. And all three qbs did well against the 2s and 3s for the most part until the last game. So much depends on Dabolls play calling and liNE play. The Bengal game was about as horrible a first half for a team as a whole as it can get. How do you judge anything by that? You hope to just throw it out. Daboll didn't do Allen any favors by switching up and experimenting with a line that was so bad anyway. And going vanilla sure didn't helpy. I would hope NP could shine with the 1st team offense on the field against their 2s. It gave him confidence and allowed for a good showing. I have no doubt Allen couldnt have done as well or better in that position.  It is preseason crap, who knows what the staff was doing.

You see what you see, I saw what I saw.  I was not a Peterman fan at all, but if you count one tomato, two tomato when Allen threw on that timescale, the ball was gone before the Bengals got there....just as it was gone before the Panthers got there.  When he didn't or couldn't (because of play design) he got buried, just as I'm sure the Panthers would have loved to bury Peterman before he helped Benjamin show them up.

You're absolutely correct that Daboll didn't do any favors by switching up and experimenting with the line.  It's also a significant point that Dawkins was out, and there's a veritable talent cliff behind him. 

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

No....I'm not.

I'm saying If Peterman gets ragged dolled it may because of Peterman (that's a possibility no?), because I feel Brady would be fine behind our Oline, plus I'm asking what is so great about New Englands Oline? Saying Brady makes the Oline always look better.  Long story short, Buckys point is somewhat moot.

Besides Brady?  Dante Scarnecchia.  Wish that dude would re-retire.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

No....I'm not.

To the contrary, it's 100% relevant as is Jeremiah's along with many others.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's irrelevant to his capabilities as an NFL analyst and his opinion of the 2018 Bills.  As a 2nd round pick, he's not even close to one of the biggest busts in Bills' history.   Regardless, it's not germane to the discussion. 

Not Germaine to this conversation?  Ok that’s true....just pointing out what a colossal disappointment Bucky was for the Bills.  

Here is where you are 100% wrong.  How was he not a bust as a 2nd round pick?  Just because you like him as an analyst doesn’t mean he wasn’t a terrible NFL player.   Do explain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Not Germaine to this conversation?  Ok that’s true....just pointing out what a colossal disappointment Bucky was for the Bills.  

Here is where you are 100% wrong.  How was he not a bust as a 2nd round pick?  Just because you like him as an analyst doesn’t mean he wasn’t a terrible NFL player.   Do explain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't care to. It's not what we're discussing here. 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Classic case of I don’t like him cause he talked bad about my team..

hes 100% correct wether people want to hear it or not 

Nope...if you read, I said he had a fair take.

i just pointed out what a bust he is because 26CB loves him and thinks he can do no wrong

How some people forget about how much of a laughing stock the Bills were last year when they traded one starting CB and Watkins and let Gilmore sign with the enemy.  We were lucky to get 2 wins.  We didn't win the offseason but before a game is played if you are a fan you should maintain some type of optimism.

• Like (+1) 3