3rd Super Bowl loss sends Tim McVeigh over the edge

NeckMeat182

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Ugh first the shooter in Jacksonville and now this.....this is not the type of publicity the Bills want:angry:

For the last time, respectfully, the Jacksonville shooter was not a Bills super fan.  He wasn't even a Bills fan.  He was a madden player who entered the tournament because he probably thought he stood a good chance of winning it and most of the better competitors were trying to win better teams' tournaments.

by winning the bills team series he could go on to the elimination tournament against other NFL team representatives.  He made it through one round, I believe.

He was, by all accounts, a Ravens fan.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

For the last time, respectfully, the Jacksonville shooter was not a Bills super fan.  He wasn't even a Bills fan.  He was a madden player who entered the tournament because he probably thought he stood a good chance of winning it and most of the better competitors try to win better teams' tournaments.

by winning the bills team series he could go on to the elimination tournament agains other NFL team representatives.  He made it through one round, I believe.

And as sad as it is, a week later its pretty much gone from most people's memories.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

And as sad as it is, a week later its pretty much gone from most people's memories.

Wow, Raoul...damn, brother.  You are very correct.

What times we live in.  

Two families without sons and brothers and one family without a husband or dad...one week.

31 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

For the last time, respectfully, the Jacksonville shooter was not a Bills super fan.  He wasn't even a Bills fan.  He was a madden player who entered the tournament because he probably thought he stood a good chance of winning it and most of the better competitors were trying to win better teams' tournaments.

by winning the bills team series he could go on to the elimination tournament against other NFL team representatives.  He made it through one round, I believe.

I was just referring to the national perception.  Unfortunately when that story broke a lot of people on the internet were connecting him to the Bills.  It's stupid but it's reality.  Just like how I don't feel McVeigh should be connected to the Bills in any way but some idiots out there will.  That article was a joke.  

Or maybe he subscribed to K. Davis' swirling helicopter theory and blames the Federal govt for the Giants loss?  That makes more sense than losing a grand ...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607652-wide-right-25-years-later-a-super-bowl-so-much-larger-than-just-scott-norwood

I also cannot believe that Kevin Bacon isn't mixed up in this somehow.  Apparently he is within six degrees of separation from Scotty Norwood, McVeigh, David Koresh, and even Tom Cruise.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was just referring to the national perception.  Unfortunately when that story broke a lot of people on the internet were connecting him to the Bills.  It's stupid but it's reality.  Just like how I don't feel McVeigh should be connected to the Bills in any way but some idiots out there will.  That article was a joke.  

Honestly, BP, I believe I got a bit of that vibe from you, that you were just stating the national talking points.  Please forgive me if it appears like I was gaining up on you. I didn't mean to do so.  I was more so stepping on my soap box, for the same reason as your original post...I hate the narrative.  Whether you, or anyone, knows or doesn't know, I just keep bringing the truth up about the guy.

Obviously, I completely agree with you on your point above.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Beach said:

Bills are always to blame...

oj.jpg

First off, that terrible meme is factually inaccurate. Nicole met OJ in California at the Beverly Hills Daisy Club. And they started dating when OJ was playing for the 49ers, not the Bills. I assume this has been hashed out in a previous thread a long time ago.

Secondly, how any English speaker can make it through the first sentence without a aneurism is beyond me. How does one miss a bad pass? Shouldn’t all bad passes be missed? And if it was a bad pass, why would it have been for a touchdown? It being a bad pass would preclude it from being a touchdown, right? Or wouldn’t every pass be for a touchdown, since that’s the goal?

8 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

People who knew McVeigh in High School (whom I know well) tell me that he fundamentally changed after serving in the military. I tend to think his experiences there,  you know, killing people and trying not to get killed, may have influenced his psyche more than the Bills. 

They say that in the article. 

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

First off, that terrible meme is factually inaccurate. Nicole met OJ in California at the Beverly Hills Daisy Club. And they started dating when OJ was playing for the 49ers, not the Bills. I assume this has been hashed out in a previous thread a long time ago.

Secondly, how any English speaker can make it through the first sentence without a aneurism is beyond me. How does one miss a bad pass? Shouldn’t all bad passes be missed? And if it was a bad pass, why would it have been for a touchdown? It being a bad pass would preclude it from being a touchdown, right? Or wouldn’t every pass be for a touchdown, since that’s the goal?

i agree with you, im just passing along more blame the Bills get for people's deaths

The piece is just illustrating how big the Bills were locally at the time, and how they were a backdrop to a lot of people’s lives. One of those people happened to be McVeigh.

I thought it drew an interesting  dichotomy between his military service, and the Super Bowl, especially XXV. We’re watching Whitney Houston, USA “worship” and Crystal Pepsi commercials and this guy is watching heads explode and dogs eating corpses.

This article doesn’t necessarily make me sympathize with McVeigh, but perhaps gives a better understanding to how his experiences shaped his actions. Again, the Bills were just the backdrop.