If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

You should issue us posting guidelines and a link to your cell phone. This way we can run our posts by you to make sure they are OK before we click on "submit reply."

After all, you deserve to be an authority figure on TSW.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Rc2catch said:

Too many people watching skip bayless and Steven a smith who think they know football better than the guys being paid millions and millions in the league. 

They “scout” the talent.

They “watch” the tape

They do “mock drafts” non stop

They know footwork and mechanics of quarterbacks better than real nfl scouts. 

And my favorite is the people on here who don’t want to debate or discuss, just flood their opinion as fact and have zero intentions of hearing anyone else’s point of view or any option that does not agree with their opinions. We have a lot of those types of posters on here. 

Couldn't agree more.  For those posting their self important "tape analysis", I wonder how many others read these posts and laugh or roll their eyes like I do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, oldmanfan said:

There is a difference between legitimate debate and critique and mindless drivel

Just a quick reminder.....the fact that you consider a post to be "mindless drivel" doesn't make it true. Your opinions are just that. they are not all knowing proclamations.

Maybe you should ask yourself if you are a fan hater.

12 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Couldn't agree more.  For those posting their self important "tape analysis", I wonder how many others read these posts and laugh or roll their eyes like I do.

This. I always laugh at the thought of some neckbeard hitting rewind 30 times to watch an OL play.

It. Doesn't. Happen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:11 AM, oldmanfan said:

Perhaps hate is too strong.  Dislike?

Would you rather have Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott?  Or Harvey Johnson and John Rauch?

^^^

On 9/1/2018 at 12:02 PM, oldmanfan said:

I think fans support their team and provide criticism when deserved.  There are folks on this board who take every single thing this team does and spin it negatively.  You know it.  I know it.  My question is why.  

I really am am interested in ananswer.  What pleasure dosuch individuals get from that.  More a question of psychology than about the team per se.

Why am I critical of McDermott/Beane?  It's very simple:  I don't set the bar on my tolerance for Bills' FO incompetence so low that I compare them to a player personnel "guru" who was a notorious drunk and a HC who tried to turn OJ Simpson into a slotback.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You should issue us posting guidelines and a link to your cell phone. This way we can run our posts by you to make sure they are OK before we click on "submit reply."

After all, you deserve to be an authority figure on TSW.

Nice way of not answering the question.  If all one can offer are negative comments, then the question is why.  What does one get out of doing so?

On 9/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

This year is this year. I can hate the Bills this year because next year is different. That's how it works. Just like how I can dislike Brandon Beane because he'll be gone in 2 years. 

Bills are forever. Players, coaches, and GMs are temporary. 

The truth hurts!

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nice way of not answering the question.  If all one can offer are negative comments, then the question is why.  What does one get out of doing so?

Why are you talking in absolutes?

There is one particular poster who constantly complains about Bills Fans. I don't agree with him but this is not ALL he posts. Many of his "other" posts are (imo) intelligent and well thought. As for the fan attacks, that's up to him, no? I will take him to task once in a while but he is certainly free to post things that I don't necessarily like, isn't he?

I think the Bills will not play well this season because the OL appears to really suck. One qb is a rookie, the other might be the worst in history. Perhaps even worse than Van Pelt.  The basis I use for this opinion is that I have been down this road for decades. I have seen what the Bills historically do and do not concentrate much on.

On the other hand, I overwhelmingly support the Josh Allen selection.

Does the above meet standards?

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why are you talking in absolutes?

There is one particular poster who constantly complains about Bills Fans. I don't agree with him but this is not ALL he posts. Many of his "other" posts are (imo) intelligent and well thought. As for the fan attacks, that's up to him, no? I will take him to task once in a while but he is certainly free to post things that I don't necessarily like, isn't he?

I think the Bills will not play well this season because the OL appears to really suck. One qb is a rookie, the other might be the worst in history. Perhaps even worse than Van Pelt.  The basis I use for this opinion is that I have been down this road for decades. I have seen what the Bills historically do and do not concentrate much on.

On the other hand, I overwhelmingly support the Josh Allen selection.

Does the above meet standards?

I am not saying there should be censorship of negative posts.  I am asking what the motivation is for doing so, when there are posters who specialize in such.  

I happen to to agree with your thoughts on the O line.  I disagree about comparing the current GM and HC to what has been done for decades; it is comparing apples and oranges.

Such dialog seems much more reasonable than just spewing negativity about anything and everything.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not saying there should be censorship of negative posts.  I am asking what the motivation is for doing so, when there are posters who specialize in such.  

I happen to to agree with your thoughts on the O line.  I disagree about comparing the current GM and HC to what has been done for decades; it is comparing apples and oranges.

Well, McDermott passed on 2 promising QBs (to include Deshaun Watson), traded back and took a corner. True, he did get some future picks but my point remains clear.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You all know what I'm talking about.  There are some posters who do nothing but post negatives.  Why?

You should ask them why. Most people will provide you with their reasoning.  

Edited by Dr.Sack

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

LOL sounds like a deplorable saying, 'Merica, love it or leave it! 

A person can love the Bills and still criticize the GM's decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2

This year is this year. I can hate the Bills this year because next year is different. That's how it works. Just like how I can dislike Brandon Beane because he'll be gone in 2 years. 

Bills are forever. Players, coaches, and GMs are temporary. 

That's the !@#$ing truth. These people criticize those who criticize the Bills, then **** on the guys who they mindlessly followed. The only thing that has remained the same is that we're still here. No one else is. Not even the owner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1