Embedded Part#3

15 Questions with Kyle Williams

The third episode of Buffalo Bills: Embedded, presented by Pepsi, airs tonight, Aug. 29, at 8 p.m. on Facebook Watch. One of the players highlighted in this week’s episode is defensive tackle Kyle Williams, five-time Pro Bowler and 13-year Bills veteran.

Buffalobills.com caught up with Williams to find out more about his life on and off the field.

1. What are your pregame rituals from the time you wake up on game day to the time you take the field?
2. What do you think about when you’re walking the field before the game?
3. What is the most mentally exhausting part of the game?
4. What’s on your pregame playlist and how often do you change it?
5. Do you have any superstitions?
6. You are known for your locker room speeches. You’ve heard a number of people give locker room speeches over the course of your career. What is the most meaningful speech you’ve heard and who said it?
7. Describe what happens in your position group meetings.
8. What is one word to describe some of the guys in that room?
9. How would your best friends describe you?
10. What is the first professional sporting event you ever attended?
11. At what age did you start playing football?
12. What other sports besides football did you play when you were a kid?
13. Once you retire from football, what are you most looking forward to about coming back to a Bills game?
14. What is your favorite social media account that you follow?
15. Who do you fangirl over?

14 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'll watch soon, but my stomach for the Bills turned a bit after that Cinci nightmare. Reliving it through the overly optimistic eye of Billsmade media is going to be challenging.

Sadly, I have to agree.  Granted, it's only preseason, but it was a disturbing.  Hopefully it was just preseason blues, but tough to stomach what I witnessed against cincy.  Preseason or not, coaches, and players need to get their sh!t together.  That was gross.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jamiezzz said:

Sadly, I have to agree.  Granted, it's only preseason, but it was a disturbing.  Hopefully it was just preseason blues, but tough to stomach what I witnessed against cincy.  Preseason or not, coaches, and players need to get their sh!t together.  That was gross.

I still don’t understand why he would mix and match the oline the first time Allen got time with the 1s. It’s bad coaching or some nutty ass trial by fire, hope you fail so I can start Nate again and prove I wasn’t a fool last year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

The show made me smile. I do love my Bills. But my optimism for success on the field is not high. That O-line is cringe-worthy.

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I still don’t understand why he would mix and match the oline the first time Allen got time with the 1s. It’s bad coaching or some nutty ass trial by fire, hope you fail so I can start Nate again and prove I wasn’t a fool last year.

I'm hoping it was an attempt by McD to see what players can, or more accurately, can't do at other positions to help decide who is a luxury to keep and who needs to be kept on the oline.

At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better about the **** show they put on.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How cool is that with Phillips now on the team. 

serendipitous

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

trust the process. it's not like Allens died or was mortally wounded...

But i bet his tape of head bouncing was shown again and again for all the Offense and defense alike to see.

thats a wake up call for the Team and each player and Coach.

I kinda get it. But wow. thats a risk I would never take. especially against Cinci's 1st string

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

trust the process. it's not like Allens died or was mortally wounded...

But i bet his tape of head bouncing was shown again and again for all the Offense and defense alike to see.

thats a wake up call for the Team and each player and Coach.

I kinda get it. But wow. thats a risk I would never take. especially against Cinci's 1st string

I’d love to hear the reasoning for the decision and the play calling but lucky enough he didn’t get a concussion on that play. I give McD the benefit of doubt but I don’t see any scenario where the game 3 situation looks good on him.

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm hoping it was an attempt by McD to see what players can, or more accurately, can't do at other positions to help decide who is a luxury to keep and who needs to be kept on the oline.

At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better about the **** show they put on.

serendipitous

this kind of foul mouthed language is wholly unacceptable.

I have rightly and soundly reported you.

This is a Family forum.

Just now, Commonsense said:

I’d love to hear the reasoning for the decision and the play calling but lucky enough he didn’t get a concussion on that play. I give McD the benefit of doubt but I don’t see any scenario where the game 3 situation looks good on him.

when McD spoke and said he was "toying )my words( " with the O line ? a had a little WTF Sean moment.
when i saw 71 on the field right off I had to take a closer look and the line changes

They all just seem like good guys, you know? I love how McD runs camp and meetings....wish he'd run the sideline a little better. Tre Day always cracks me up. Loved Ray Ray getting a bulls eye. 

Edited by Domdab99

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

The reason why he was doing it was because you could see early on that the offensive line was having issues with pass protection so he was simply moving people around and substituting people in and out to find the right combination. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The reason why he was doing it was because you could see early on that the offensive line was having issues with pass protection so he was simply moving people around and substituting people in and out to find the right combination. 

Not the case. It was their plan going into the game to substitute players at different spots to prepare them for the regular season with the need arising. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm with you. I found it to be rather puzzling with Allen trying to show his stuff. 

During the game I didn't have an issue with it because I figured he was doing more along the line of what I thought but if that was their plan going in then yes, it is truly puzzling

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

this kind of foul mouthed language is wholly unacceptable.

I have rightly and soundly reported you.

This is a Family forum.

when McD spoke and said he was "toying )my words( " with the O line ? a had a little WTF Sean moment.
when i saw 71 on the field right off I had to take a closer look and the line changes

I should know better than to use big words.  My apologies.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

During the game I didn't have an issue with it because I figured he was doing more along the line of what I thought but if that was their plan going in then yes, it is truly puzzling

How is it puzzling. This is preseason guys, he is trying to evaluate the whole roster not just one position, albeit the most important position. This is when you do it.

• Like (+1) 1