peterman will start, always the plan

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You (and others) are making this up.  He started for 2 series in game one.  First drive, a TD.  Second drive, a pick.

Game 2 he was the #3 QB.  Came in halfway through the 3rd Q.

Game 3, he came in the second half to mop up against the scrubs.

He can only play in the situations that Beane puts him in on...

Not sure what else he could have done this preseason to further his case? 

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

He can only play in the situations that Beane puts him in on...

Not sure what else he could have done this preseason to further his case? 

This is true, but it keeps getting repeated that he played well against other team's starters in multiple games.  This is obviously not true.

He didn't have to face the Cincy pass rush behind this starting O-line.  That's significant enough to render the majority of his preseason work (which was almost all against backups) of questionable value in assessing his superiority over Allen.  They are being judged on different criteria--especially (or, really, completely) after yesterday's game

12 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

Thanks for your understanding 

No, no, Thank you DerbyDon/Leroi12/2nd2Lastword.

You topped your previous banning schticks in short order. 

See ya in your next incarnation. maybe...

signed,

the LAST word.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

This is true, but it keeps getting repeated that he played well against other team's starters in multiple games.  This is obviously not true.

He didn't have to face the Cincy pass rush behind this starting O-line.  That's significant enough to render the majority of his preseason work (which was almost all against backups) of questionable value in assessing his superiority over Allen.  They are being judged on different criteria--especially (or, really, completely) after yesterday's game

Im not sure I would say he played "well" against the other teams starters Week 1 but he might have played the best of the three against the 1's... Its probably pretty meaningless anyway as they are 3 different teams in any case ...

For the record, I haven't got a dog in this fight and in the long run for the betterment of the team the sooner Allen is the starter the better...

My gut feeling is that Allen is not the Week 1 starter though.... Just my opinion

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Your correct that was Josh Allen's game to prove he was up to speed enough to get the start. We will never know how Peterman would have looked so why even use it as a talking point. It's just a straw man argument that cannot be proven.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im not sure I would say he played "well" against the other teams starters Week 1 but he might have played the best of the three against the 1's... Its probably pretty meaningless anyway as they are 3 different teams in any case ...

For the record, I haven't got a dog in this fight and in the long run for the betterment of the team the sooner Allen is the starter the better...

My gut feeling is that Allen is not the Week 1 starter though.... Just my opinion

Against a much more modest pass rush last season, Peterman tossed 5 ints in half a game.  How is it he would have beaten that rush in the first half yesterday?  That Cincy front 4 was Tee-ing off because Daboll decided to invite that by not running the ball.

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Your correct that was Josh Allen's game to prove he was up to speed enough to get the start. We will never know how Peterman would have looked so why even use it as a talking point. It's just a straw man argument that cannot be proven.

Because Allen and Peterman are being compared in completely different ways--not an even playing field.  That's sort the whole point of this discussion.  That's why it's being used as a "talking point".

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Against a much more modest pass rush last season, Peterman tossed 5 ints in half a game.  How is it he would have beaten that rush in the first half yesterday?  That Cincy front 4 was Tee-ing off because Daboll decided to invite that by not running the ball.

I think Peterman and McDermott have moved on from the 5 INT game...

I'll join them based on what I have seen so far this preseason...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I think Peterman and McDermott have moved on from the 5 INT game...

I'll join them based on what I have seen so far this preseason...

Well...maybe based on what he has seen in practice.  

It is very clear that McD has been very careful not to expose Peterman to any opponents starters since the 1st Q of the 1st game of the preseason.

I think McD is still feeling the sting of the disastrous decision to start Peterman last season when he did.  If he picks him for starter in week 1, perhaps he's hoping to vindicate that decision.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well...maybe based on what he has seen in practice.  

It is very clear that McD has been very careful not to expose Peterman to any opponents starters since the 1st Q of the 1st game of the preseason.

I think McD is still feeling the sting of the disastrous decision to start Peterman last season when he did.  If he picks him for starter in week 1, perhaps he's hoping to vindicate that decision.

Another straw man. I could say that Peterman was satisfactory to McDermott and he has been very careful to start his other QBs to see if they can do any better. Covering all his bases. 

It looks like to me he is just giving every other QB outside of Peterman due diligence. 

Funny you think he protects Peterman and let's the teams 1st round draft pick get destroyed because? People are way more emotional over Allen than Peterman. He could cut Peterman tomorrow and you won't hear a peep.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, The Final Word said:

Mark, I can assure you I am not Dunkirk don, I live in Ohio I have done some research from veterans on the board and can assure you i am not but thanks for the comparison I heard he was pretty remarkable with his insight knowledge.  The only time I come back to wny is to deer hunt in a very small town

From my understanding and from people in the know, AJ is McDermott and Daboll pick.   The problem is the right shoulder.  If AJ doesn’t hurt, he is the game one starter and still maybe.  If he cannot go, peterman gets the call.  

There you go hedging your bets Don..

”AJ is McDermott/Daboll pick if he can’t go it’s Pererman.”

You just increased your chances of being right to 67%. 

According to you Kirk Cousins should be starting week 1 for us.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Peterman WAS, IS and ALWAYS will be LEGENDARY!!!!! As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,World without end, Amen?

To Peterman be the glory, great things he has done.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Here’s my prediction - Dunkirk Don lasts about as long here this time as he did every other time he’s made a new screen name for TBD. 

lol 

How that’s for following the data points and reading between the lines? 

?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peterman has outplayed Allen in all three games. This isn't just about yesterday, which showed pretty clearly Allen isn't ready to contribute at the NFL level. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Final Word said:

I appreciate your comment but I felt compelled to address the issue.

Are you talking to me?  

You can't wait 4 pages to deny being Dunkirk.  For a denial to work it needs to be swift, unflinching, and forceful.  "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman and I did NOT buy land in Batavia!". 

Instead you flaccidly asked "who me?"  That sounds like exactly the type of guy who is falling for the ole banana in the tailpipe, if you're picking up the vernacular, Fredonia Dan. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

This is what a lot of posters here don't seem to understand.

If we are discussing who played better in the preseason games, that was Nate.

Regardless, Allen should start Game 1 in Baltimore.

37 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This is what a lot of posters here don't seem to understand.

If we are discussing who played better in the preseason games, that was Nate.

Regardless, Allen should start Game 1 in Baltimore.

McDermott said that this preseason was a QB competition so if NP has "won" that contest than he deserves to start and probably MCD will think the same...

Allen will be starting before too long so don't worry though... either through poor old Nate getting knocked out or not being able to cut it... He will be on a very short leash...

11 hours ago, Lfod said:

Another straw man. I could say that Peterman was satisfactory to McDermott and he has been very careful to start his other QBs to see if they can do any better. Covering all his bases. 

It looks like to me he is just giving every other QB outside of Peterman due diligence. 

Funny you think he protects Peterman and let's the teams 1st round draft pick get destroyed because? People are way more emotional over Allen than Peterman. He could cut Peterman tomorrow and you won't hear a peep.

I think you need to look up what "straw man" means in this context.

As I recall, McDermott moved the coaches offices down by the locker room last year so they'd get tighter as a team.

I think that by now, the players know who should start and at least a few of them have passed their opinion on to the coach.

Pretty sure that right now it's Peterman.  Some day and that day could be this year, it'll likely be Allen.