SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

2 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Which has no bearing whatsoever on Allen busting. And why do you assume I'm miserable? Just stating the obvious, which looks like misery to kool-aid drinkers?

Rookie QB in his first start behind an O-Line now christened "The Red Carpet" struggles the half he plays?  Yes, he is quite obviously a bust, cut him now, fire McBeane...  ?

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You mean like last week when people started all the start Allen threads?

Yeah, the problem isn't the QBs. It is the 1st team OL and to a large extent the WR/TE corps. 

Game 1 of the regular season will see a lot more running plays than preseason has. The QBs will look different because of it. I just think Allen can work better than Peterman with potential quick, short throws, but hasn't really been set up that way. I'd like to see at least a bubble screen or two per game. Use the ball speed. Be smarter about roll out passes. Use a screen or two bc the OL really looks the same either way. Heck, this is applicable to Peterman to an extent, too.

Peterman makes his mind up fast, but doesn't change it when perhaps he should. If he starts, don't be surprised to see 3+ picks. 

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I've mentioned Khari Lee, and Croom as better blockers....

You literally said all our other TEs are better blockers. It’s  not true. Now you want to backpedal.

Regardless, you want to cut a guy, which saves us no money, who has been one of our most productive receivers, because we have 2 or 3 other guys who do some nice things here and there against backups? Cool story. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You can't make an actual value judgment on his readiness given the OL play. 

I disagree.  Definitely a tough situation, but it was pretty clear that Allen needs a bit more seasoning.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Which has no bearing whatsoever on Allen busting. And why do you assume I'm miserable? Just stating the obvious, which looks like misery to kool-aid drinkers?

4 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Saying a 1st round pick is busting after the 3rd preseason game shows what a pathetic poster you are. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, mannc said:

I disagree.  Definitely a tough situation, but it was pretty clear that Allen needs a bit more seasoning.  

Honestly, it didn't seem clear to me at all. That O-Line play was brutal. However, even having said that, I'd rather he win the job outright, and whether he ever had a chance today or not, he' probably shouldn't start. 

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If you have to try this hard to have a catch phrase stick then it’s not a good one. 

Not trying to get a catch phrase to stick, I am trying to stop the nonsensical dribble and advance the conversation instead of the continuation of meaningless comments from arm chair quarterbacks.  I have advanced knowledge of the inner working of pro football industry and like sharing it with the less informed