SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Some throws scare me for Peterman. If Peterman had Allen arm we have a great QB. 

the outs are a problem,  the over the middle routes are better. Pretty good pocket presence. It's like others have said too bad we can't morph both quarterbacks together.

Just now, wppete said:

Didnt we trade Sammy, Darby and Ragland around this time last year? 

We did, but like I said, trading for future picks doesn’t fix the problem now. Besides, I’m not sure who we could even trade at this point. There’s not much talent on the roster that I see having much value.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because no one was open. Announcers said as much.

Impossible to say, watching on TV. I don’t trust the announcers.  He just looked a little nervous and a little tentative to me.  I definitely would not want to start him on the road in Baltimore right now.

Just now, jkeerie said:

Allen wasn't bad, nor was he good.   He's just not ready.   Start Peterman.  Settle on a starting  o line.   I think Edmunds played well today.  

You can't make an actual value judgment on his readiness given the OL play. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But Petermans ball is out before the pressure gets there. That’s the difference. That’s what Rex used to cry about against NE. Nothing he did mattered because the ball was out to fast.

When the line is pushed back into your throwing lanes before you have even taken your third step, it’s hard to find an open man. I’m not saying Allen didn’t cause some of his own problems but Peterman did not have pressure st any point in the play that Allen faced. Maybe if the receivers would have caught a few of the catchable balls, the story would have been different. He lost confidence the further he played...

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If you can’t throw a simple 5 yard out or hitch you can only have limited success in the NFL. The ball cant hang up in the air. It needs to be thrown faster. Furthermore if he lacks velocity he needs to throw it earlier with some anticipation and placement so the corner doesn’t get a beat on it. A first team CB takes that back for 6. 

agreed, he can not throw an NFL out

great play by Borders

Edited by RocCityRoller

Just now, Magnetar said:

Pretty much. To many fans this organization can do no wrong, which is crazy due to how much they have sucked the last 20 years...

Oh geez. Because people are saying maybe not discounting a rookie QB because of a pre-season game where the o-line played about as poorly as possible? It's not saying a team can do no wrong. FWIW, I howled with frustration after the Allen pick, but until today he's looked like a leader who deserved a chance to start from Day 1, and frankly I just didn't see anything to evaluate either way (it's hard to tell whether he was hesitant b/c he had no one to throw to or because he was not reading the defense well. 

Right now, I'm not overly confident about any QB as a starter and only real hope is that they had a bad day and somehow adjust for the season. I'm generally pretty positive, but if the last two weeks are any indication: yes, it will be a pretty rough start to the season. However, a lot of teams had very bad game 3s, so personally I'm gonna focus on my fantasy draft, manage my expectations and see what happens against the Ravens.