49 yards and 17 years. What Andy Dalton did for Buffalo

9 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Did you read the articles? Boyd didn't have a foundation set up. When he eventually did, Bills fans threw a pretty big gob of cash his way.

Seventeen years. Heaven forbid people take a little extra time to enjoy finally becoming relevant again after an entire generation worth of disappointment.

Why are you so critical of how others consume this entertainment product? Lighten up, you're taking a game way too seriously.

Yeah, I’m the one taking it too seriously. Sounds like you and the like want to build statues to Andy Dalton for playing a game he’s paid millions to play. 

The Bills put themselves in that position. I assure you Andy Dalton wasn’t thinking of the Bills or their fans when he made that pass. 

It had its time, and it should be over. If gives our fans a bad look imo. We sat in the cold and snow and watched 17 years of garbage football. Dalton didn’t end that, our team did. Giving Dalton this much credit is a bit amateurish. And disrespectful to the team that played their hearts out all year.

Edited by Bobby Hooks

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Am I missing that part? Am I being negative? 

It had its time and now it has passed. If I’m being honest it makes us look a little odd in that Boyd did most of the work and no one makes any mention of him. 

Is he not a human? 

Why has it passed?  Why cant his foundation get some press for their Donation to Roswell?  Why can Bills fans give him some recognition and say thank you Sunday in a preseason game?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Always. Being pro Bills is being negative? 

I dont think so. The Dalton thing had its time and it should be over. Time to focus on OUR qb. 

If thats being negative I question how you view fandom. 

Allow me to help you understand my fandom. It’s far less than another team enjoying a thrilling come from behind victory in an otherwise forgettable season for them and completely about how my fellow Bills fans reacted with their wallets to selflessly contribute to the medical welfare of young suffering children because of what that game did for Bills fans. Sunday night will put the crowning jewel on this very Human experience in a meaningless preseason game in front of a nationally interested audience. THEN, things will get back to Football routine.

Thats how I view fandom.

And you?? WTH makes you tick??

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, I’m the one taking it too seriously. Sounds like you and the like want to build statues to Andy Dalton for playing a game he’s paid millions to play. 

The Bills put themselves in that position. I assure you Andy Dalton wasn’t thinking of the Bills or their fans when he made that pass. 

It had its time, and it should be over. If gives our fans a bad look imo. We sat in the cold and snow and watched 17 years of garbage football. Dalton didn’t end that, our team did. 

Of course he did. As well as Boyd. If that play DOESNT happen is the drought ended?

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Allow me to help you understand my fandom. It’s far less than another team enjoying a thrilling come from behind victory in an otherwise forgettable season for them and completely about how my fellow Bills fans reacted with their wallets to selflessly contribute to the medical welfare of young suffering children because of what that game did for Bills fans. Sunday night will put the crowning jewel on this very Human experience in a meaningless preseason game in front of a nationally interested audience. THEN, things will get back to Football routine.

Thats how I view fandom.

And you?? WTH makes you tick??

He just wants the media get back to the Table Breaking. And not focus on the hearts of Bills fans 

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It had its time and now it has passed. If I’m being honest it makes us look a little odd in that Boyd did most of the work and no one makes any mention of him. 

Is he not a human? 

Guess you didnt read a single article. Everyone if them mention Boyd as well and how Bills fans funded his charity he set up. 

So keep pissing in cherrios though 

Whoa triple quote, looks like someone’s thin skin was damaged with a differing opinion. 

Either way, I have to start my day but I’m going to the opener. If any of you guys want to share a brew and finish this conversation I’d be happy to. 

Just pm me, and we’ll hammer out a location. I happen to like sharing differing opinions and have discussions. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I always wonder if the Bengals had or would have had any idea that night how happy they’d make the Bills fan base.  

My hope is 5 years down the road the fan base will be like we actually had to celebrate another team throwing us a bone.  Of course hoping by then home playoff games will be the norm 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, that’s what we should be concerned with. The qb on the team we’re going against.

Not that the hopeful franchise qb of OUR future is starting his first game. 

Some of our fanbase is acting like a  bunch of n00bs imo. 

Act like you’ve been there before. 

You know some of us can do several things at a time. Especially when Allen and Dalton/Boyd come out of the tunnel at different times. 

Nothing wrong with a little thank you for the Bengals help. This is what makes sports fun. Show some gratitude.

I was just at a High School Football away game last night and the Home team who is a big rival of ours had their band come over to our sideline and play our school song. They even lined up in a letter formation of our first letter to our school. I have never heard of such a thing ever before. I was impressed with the sportsmanship.

What does it hurt?

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Is he not a human? 

You are missing the point and you are being negative.

No one is saying ignore Boyd. No one.

It has had its time but it has not passed yet. And never will.

By your take on my above sentence you would boo your team getting Super Bowl rings at the next seasons home opener. After all it had its time and now has passed. Crazy man.

Edited by cba fan

I don't understand the infatuation with Dalton. Had he done what he did against the Ravens a week earlier, simply beating the fish would have been enough. 

He beat them in dramatic fashion which sealed the deal for the Bills. Yes, it was fun and exciting. But lets not forget the fact Buffalo ground out 9 hard wins. We lose one, were out. Dalton has no control over that. Lets forget Dalton and start praising the guys who ACTUALLY got the job done. Shady, Kyle, Tyrod, Wood, etc. They are the true heros. 

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I've never agreed with Dalton or the Bengals receiving this level of credit.

They helped obviously, but it was the Bills' time.

I really don't think it shows well for the Bills' fanbase to continue on into a new season trying to show an active player on another team its appreciation for inadvertently assisting the Bills' in a last second slide into the playoffs.

Better hope the football gods haven't picked up on all the misplaced praise and adoration.

Oh yes, the football gods.

Give me a !@#$ing break.

It doesn’t “show well” for the Bills fanbase is an absolute joke. It shows a million times better than some morons smashing throughy tables, lighting themselves on fire and pouring freaking condiments on themselves.

Not to mention, Jerry Hughes sent Andy Dalton a gift. Does that show bad for the Bills players?

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

What happened was very sweet indeed.  it's time to put that orange clown on his ass. 

I agree, clap for him, give him a standing ovation because what happened was not just about him. The Bills broke the drought as a result of that pass and that game.

I gave my $17, and as a father of a special needs child and someone who works in an ER often with people of little means, what Dalton’s foundation does hits close to home.  I know the struggles. That is the other side of this story and the result of Bills fans generosity.

Still its football and once the game begins  I want him knocked on his backside!

For those who are naysayers... you can join him on the turf once the game starts... on your a s s?

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Oh yes, the football gods.

Give me a !@#$ing break.

It doesn’t “show well” for the Bills fanbase is an absolute joke. It shows a million times better than some morons smashing throughy tables, lighting themselves on fire and pouring freaking condiments on themselves.

Not to mention, Jerry Hughes sent Andy Dalton a gift. Does that show bad for the Bills players?

You know what, I was going to make a comment on a post you made on the first page of this thread but thought better of it.

But now I think I just will...

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32024/49-yards-and-17-years-buffalo-recalls-its-new-years-miracle

Somebody said [Dalton] could run for mayor in Buffalo and put up a fight against Byron Brown in an election if he wanted to,"

What kind of welcome will Andy Dalton get Sunday?

Good topic Shady!! I’m going to give a standing O to Dalton and Boyd when they are first mentioned. From there I’ll be mostly indifferent. It was a big moment 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good topic Shady!! I’m going to give a standing O to Dalton and Boyd when they are first mentioned. From there I’ll be mostly indifferent. It was a big moment 

Thanks .  

I thought it needed to to be spoken to. 

The Bills family shared their thanks and why not once more in person. 

After that - the gloves come off! 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

IMO it is on the Bills organization to create a little moment that prompts the crowd to take notice of Dalton and salute him.

That's easily done in many ways, particularly as part of an otherwise meaningless pre-season game.

If they don't, I'll be disappointed.